Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:49:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2014

Started by Mr_Simnock, January 01, 2014, 03:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleaners From Venus

Edit - getting excited.

selectivememory

Ha, had me confused there. Djokovic looking good on his serve though, Wawrinka's got to keep plugging away.

Cleaners From Venus

Sorry! It's all getting too much for me. Heck, I'll need a lie down after.

selectivememory

Holy shit. Match point for Stan!

Deanjam

selectivememory

Cleaners From Venus

Mr_Simnock

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees Go Stan

Deanjam

Bad miss at the end there for Djokovic. Very deserved for Stan though after the defeats at last years Australian & US opens.

selectivememory

He'd be much better in the final than Berdych wouldn't he? I think he can win this.

Deanjam

Yes. Although if it's Nadal then it'll be one sided whoever goes through, as both have terrible records against him. Tennis really needs a new Grand slam winner.

Wawrinka for the mens and Bouchard for the womens?

I would love it!

Mr_Simnock

Just before I go to bed a match prediction,  Murray in 4. By the time I am in work having my first tea break it had better be on for this.

rjd2

Amazing scenes

Azarenka who normally slaughters Aggy who has won the last 2 Australian Opens is 5-1 down in the first set.

Aggy playing lovely tennis but Azarenka's forehand is shit tonight.

rjd2

Aggy was great last night against Azarenka, so much fun and talent to watch in an era of dull bashers.

Also really enjoyed Nadal v Dimitrov, Dimi should have won the 3rd set but he hung quite well with Rafa, definite Slam winner in the future.

Mr_Simnock

Oh my word well played Aggy. I didn't have cash to make a bet but I do hope some online bookies got a bit of sting through that result. Cibulkova thrashing Halep? well thats a good result for Cibulkova, wouldn't have expected that. Murray currently in big trouble, come on Andy get yourself back in gear, you can still wi this. He needs to channel the spirit of Stan.

Mr_Simnock

Two sets down now and a massive hill to climb (sorry for the BBC cliche pundit line). Is the time off for recovery after surgery finally catching up? Can Fed beet Nadal? Only to lose to stan in the final?

selectivememory

Fed looks really much, much better than he has done in about a year and a half. Murray looks off the pace though. All in all, a quarter-final exit to Federer is not a bad result considering he's still a way off getting back to his best.

As for the semi-finals, I think Fed would have a shot at beating Rafa since he's having problems with his blistered hands, and Federer is looking so good. I'd love Stan to back up his win yesterday by dispatching Berdych. A Stan-Federer final could be great fun.

Mr_Simnock

If its Stan-Fed final I would back Stan. That win over Djoko will have given him an absolutely massive mental lift.

selectivememory

Federer is simply untouchable on his serve at the moment. Sublime stuff.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteSiddharth Vinay: This has to be Federer's Australian Open with Djoko out and Murray thrashed by the legend himself.. The fifth one is one its way.

^ nadal mate

selectivememory

Ha, great time to get his first break of serve!

selectivememory

Stunning tie-break from Murray. Saves 2 consecutive match points. The longer it goes on, I think the harder it will be for Federer.

buntyman

Wow, that was an exciting tie break. Amazing nerve from Murray. Anyone's match now

Mr_Simnock

Yes, Yes, Yes. Whata time to finally wake up in the match. That will be a massive blow to Fed. The longer this goes on the better for Murray as said above.

biggytitbo

I'm hoping Murray's superior fitness and years advantage will see him through now.

biggytitbo

Loving how big Murrays bald patch is getting. Well done lad, I'm proud of you.

rjd2

We all fancy Stan to beat up Berdych tomorrow?

Also Biggy get in the Aggy thread, all the cool kids are their!

Cleaners From Venus

Quote from: Cleaners From Venus on January 20, 2014, 08:10:07 PM
Worth a couple of quid on Radwanska, I think.
Congratulations to that man on not putting any money on.

biggytitbo

Epic, epic hold there.

Mr_Simnock

QuoteCongratulations to that man on not putting any money on.

Tell me about it, I'm quite rueing it myself.