Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Chemtrails Conspiracy (Or "How I Became a CIA Shill")

Started by 23 Daves, January 03, 2014, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23 Daves

I've got to admit it, the chemtrails conspiracy theory fascinates me.  Not because I actually believe a word of it - oh no.  It fascinates me because it's so shot full of gaping holes that I can't believe it's lasted this long among the small group of believers who cling on to every word of it.

For the uninitiated, the basic conspiracy is that vast numbers of passenger planes around the world have been secretly kitted out to spray chemicals across the skylines.  Some of the trails you see planes leaving behind are not straightforward, but consist of other elements which may be used (according to who you speak to) to control weather, spread serious diseases to reduce the population, or control minds.  There is no real consensus on this.  Nobody can make up their minds quite what chemtrails consist of, just that they exist and they are a bad thing. 

Some believers have blamed seemingly unrelated conspiracies/ conditions on to chemtrails as well, such as Morgellons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons) or influenza epidemics.  If you hang around any forum for long enough, you'll encounter a complete car-crash of different ideas.

Over the Christmas period I noted that one of the Chemtrails sites (Look Up) did some commercial advertising for their Facebook page.  I went over to it to see what they were talking about, and decided to chip in with a few doubts.  My comment was deleted without reply, as were the comments of numerous other people.  They have updated their page to suggest that they have been besieged by doubters who are "CIA Shills" out to spread doubt about the existence of Chemtrails.  You can apparently spot a shill because they will have zero history on their public Facebook profile (as if anyone makes most of their Facebook updates public!) or very few friends who look genuine. I see (and so can you, over here - top post on the left: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Look-Uporguk/1410029482561123?ref=br_tf).

What drives these people on?  In a way I feel dodgy about mentioning it because I do genuinely doubt the sanity of some group members, but also I have other suspicions - namely that some of these conspiracy theorists aren't really interested in debating or spreading the word, for them it's more of an excuse to be in an exclusive club of people "who see the truth", however loose and easily debunked the facts around that truth are.  It's a quick way to feel more intelligent than the average human, to be in on a cover-up and secret.  It's one of the many ways for the lonely internet dweller who may be undervalued in real life to become part of a wised-up community. 

Another reason I'm fascinated is that an acquaintance of mine has genuinely been sucked in by this, so I'm trying to get to the bottom of where the evidence is for her.  I can find absolutely bloody nothing.  At least the World Trade Centre conspiracy theory has a lot of consistencies in its favour. 

George Oscar Bluth II

It is pretty much the maddest of the lot, and bares absolutely no scrutiny at all.

The fact that they can't even come up with a 'why' is damning. Maybe it involved saturn worship?

Funcrusher

Quote from: 23 Daves on January 03, 2014, 01:57:09 PM
conspiracy theorists aren't really interested in debating or spreading the word, for them it's more of an excuse to be in an exclusive club of people "who see the truth", however loose and easily debunked the facts around that truth are.  It's a quick way to feel more intelligent than the average human, to be in on a cover-up and secret.  It's one of the many ways for the lonely internet dweller who may be undervalued in real life to become part of a wised-up community. 

Yeah, this basically. I think you can add on the fact that things in the world are mightily messed up right now, but understanding the causes and origins is difficult and complex whereas easy answers like conspiracy theories are a lot simpler and more definite. People want to feel they understand but they want the answers immediately.

madhair60

Phil_A

What drives these people on?  In a way I feel dodgy about mentioning it because I do genuinely doubt the sanity of some group members, but also I have other suspicions - namely that some of these conspiracy theorists aren't really interested in debating or spreading the word, for them it's more of an excuse to be in an exclusive club of people "who see the truth", however loose and easily debunked the facts around that truth are.  It's a quick way to feel more intelligent than the average human, to be in on a cover-up and secret.  It's one of the many ways for the lonely internet dweller who may be undervalued in real life to become part of a wised-up community. 

Yeah, that's definitely something I've noticed amongst certain conspiracy obsessives - they love to feel that they're on the inside, like they're the keepers of secret knowledge that everyone else is too ignorant/complacent/brainwashed to be aware of.

Of course you can encounter any number of crackpots online, but what bothers me are the apparently normal people I've met in the real world who parrot outright nonsense like there being a magical herb that can cure cancer but the medical establishment are holding it back for some reason, etc. [nb]Yes, someone I once worked with did genuinely believe this.[/nb]

Famous Mortimer

some of these conspiracy theorists aren't really interested in debating or spreading the word, for them it's more of an excuse to be in an exclusive club of people "who see the truth", however loose and easily debunked the facts around that truth are.  It's a quick way to feel more intelligent than the average human, to be in on a cover-up and secret.  It's one of the many ways for the lonely internet dweller who may be undervalued in real life to become part of a wised-up community.   
For "some of", read "most", and for this specific theory, read nearly all of them.

My mind broke recently with the millionth person I heard who was "just asking questions". How about you shut up asking questions and use your time to find some damn answers?

Quincey

"Do your own research" is another popular get out of debating card by the extreme conspiracy theorists, which seems to mean "I have no counter argument but if you look yourself you will realise I am right".

The clues forum is probably the most disturbing conspiracy site I've seen, as their comments look so callous to anyone who doesn't agree with them that every major event is a hoax.

If they have revealed such a big secret, why is a site such as CF allowed to exist?

Pepotamo1985

some of these conspiracy theorists aren't really interested in debating or spreading the word, for them it's more of an excuse to be in an exclusive club of people "who see the truth", however loose and easily debunked the facts around that truth are.  It's a quick way to feel more intelligent than the average human, to be in on a cover-up and secret.  It's one of the many ways for the lonely internet dweller who may be undervalued in real life to become part of a wised-up community. 

Just to add to the echo chamber, that's a brilliant and succinct summation of exactly what (I feel, at least) motivates the vast bulk of conspiracy theorists and woo proponents.

Belief in conspiracy theories is immensely flattering for the believer, because it means that everyone who doesn't share your view (i.e. almost everyone) is blinkered/stupid/indoctrinated, and you ain't. They mean you're smarter than scientists, historians and academics of every stripe. As you say, there's something really gratifying about being part of a special club, wherein membership grants you access to secret, elite knowledge and understanding of the world. You see it in mainstream political movements, too - all the splintered and diminutive right wing/left wing groups dotted about the shop who constantly stress their superiority to all others on the basis of what they believe. Exclusivity and exclusion are supremely attractive qualities, especially to the intellectually and emotionally underdeveloped.

They also further come replete with the exceedingly flattering implication that you're a subversive radical, too - because after all, the fact that your views don't get a mainstream airing is in itself evidence of a wider conspiracy to silence you personally, and you're thus risking life and limb by uploading videos to YouTube detailing how Obama used a time machine to fake the moon landings.

The joke of it all is that power structures are absolutely delighted that people are so distracted by shite like Chemtrails. It wouldn't surprise me if they even had a budget for disseminating this bullshit on the net, in order to keep a further disillusioned minority inattentive and looking the wrong way.

Anyway, I'm very fond of this article which details precisely how fucking stupid and unworkable chemtrails would be as an approach to almost any of the objectives that have been postulated by theorists; http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/a_million_poisoning_planes/

chand

It's my favourite for the same reason. 9/11 Truth stuff I sort of get, even though I don't agree with it, because if you look at the evidence a certain way and pick out all the anomalies you can build a case which on the surface can be quite convincing, and the sheer volume of differing pictures and eyewitness accounts and things that look weird can convince people.

Chemtrails though, there's almost nothing to it beyond people looking at the sky and literally not understanding how contrails are formed or how they can be affected by various conditions. The bulk of the supporting material for the theory is YouTube videos of folk standing in their back yards yelling at the sky. There's nothing plausible about the notion that commercial airlines would gleefully and silently agree to carry out a mass depopulation programme. The circumstantial stuff where people cite actual government-backed weather control programmes and the occasional member of the elite who've authored a report saying the world's population needs to be controlled is slightly more compelling, but pretty much everything else is mad extrapolation from that, which is why they can't agree whether governments are dropping weather control chemicals or murder chemicals or chemicals that make us sick/autistic/docile.

I'm surprised it's a relatively big deal, not least because spraying chemicals miles in the air to kill/weaken the populace would be a painfully inefficient way of doing things even if it were possible. The water supply is what you'd target if you wanted to mass-poison your citizens, which gives the Water Fluoridation Is A Plot To Kill Us All theory slightly more baseline credibility, but that doesn't seem to have taken off in the same way. I suppose it's partly because of the visual nature of 'chemtrails', it would genuinely be terrifying to believe this and see the NWO's terrifying schemes in full effect every time you looked outside.

billtheburger

Cloud seeding to control weather is real, and the scientists and China admit to it, why bother sneaking it onto Easyjet EZ601 to Belfast?
If it was for controlling the masses, wouldn't it be easier to taint money or use theta wave frequencies while you slept?

To be fair though, the conspiracy theorists knew about the phone/email listening projects and paedo rings way before the rest of us had finished mocking them for their crazy ideas.

Famous Mortimer

My particular bugbear at the moment is the Ancient Astronaut stuff. Erich Von Daniken's favourite phrase is that he's just asking questions - which he's been doing for over 40 years. Since his attempt in the mid 70s to fool people into thinking there was a magic cave in South America was debunked by an expedition led by the Neil Armstrong, he's retreated away from providing answers, as you can't be sued for asking questions I guess.

But, even if I was more of a believer in his stuff than I am, I hope I'd still think "for fuck's sake, Erich, if you're that bothered about asking these questions why don't you spend some time researching what the answers to them are?"

Chemtrails is like Ancient Astronaut stuff, with even less evidence (zero). I feel sorry for the people who take all this in, honestly.

There are a couple of tragic stories in this book - "Mirage Men: A Journey into Disinformation, Paranoia and UFOs: The Weird Truth Behind UFOs".

billtheburger

^
It meant The Shat had to be hired to make one of the greatest films ever:

23 Daves

My wife wanted me to go back on their forum pretending to be on their side, but positing theories of my own. Eg - "I noticed chemtrails over our area yesterday, and since then for the last few evenings the birds have been singing at 1am - 3am at night.  Had anyone else noticed this phenomenon?  Is it related?"  She's interested to see how far any particular titbit would go. Unfortunately they've got me pegged now.

Unfortunately, I've now been unfriended by someone on Facebook as a result of my impertinent questions on their page[nb]They didn't even stick up for me by saying I wasn't a CIA shill![/nb].  One of these days I'll be unfriended by someone on Facebook for a sensible reason, like actually behaving like an arsehole. 

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Quincey on January 03, 2014, 03:49:31 PM
The clues forum is probably the most disturbing conspiracy site I've seen, as their comments look so callous to anyone who doesn't agree with them that every major event is a hoax.

If they have revealed such a big secret, why is a site such as CF allowed to exist?

Those people think the Costa Concordia wasn't real. You know, the huge ship that ran aground just offshore of an island absolutely anyone could visit if they wanted to. The ship that's on Google Earth. The ship that ran aground with no wider consequences at all except for the victims of the actual disaster.

I genuinely worry for the Clues Forum people.

Absorb the anus burn

I agree with most of the OP... Except:

Some of these conspiracy theorists aren't really interested in debating or spreading the word, for them it's more of an excuse to be in an exclusive club of people "who see the truth", however loose and easily debunked the facts around that truth are.  It's a quick way to feel more intelligent than the average human, to be in on a cover-up and secret.  It's one of the many ways for the lonely internet dweller who may be undervalued in real life to become part of a wised-up community. 

I have a Chemtrails obsessed acquaintance who gets hysterical if you take apart the conspiracy and find no basis or scrap of logic for one existing. He shows me his photographs of X grid patterns in the sky and videos of planes seemingly switching off their contrails - yet I struggle to find a logical train of thought or even an interesting conspiracy. He teaches geography (at A-level and GCSE) has a long term partner and a kid and is pretty intelligent[nb]apart from voting for Clegg.[/nb]. He is not a lonely internet dweller who feels undervalued in real life... He never asked me to go to any forums but did send a link eighteen months ago to watch Aerosol Crimes which mostly mystified me... There seemed to be a mix of easily explainable footage and genuine information (about cloud seeding and government sanctioned weather modification projects) without addressing the issue of atmospheric conditions making these so called Chemtrails look the way they do on certain days.

Chemtrails is just his thing (along with hiking[nb]He walks nearly every weekend and I see him handing out leaflets on Chemtrails and telling himself he's educating bemused hikers in the Peak District.[/nb], loving Peter Gabriel, marking geography essays and boring everybody to fuck about tv series The Wire).

A belief in a conspiracy theory doesn't need psychological bagging and tagging, because conspiracy theorists aren't all one type of person. Some conspiracy theories have proven to be false and some have proven to be horribly true.[nb] For instance some thirteen year old ones hang in the air with a stench of rotten science and wibbly wobbly logic.[/nb] The Clues site contains a lot of shit, but I'm sure many different types of person frequent the place as do CaB or CiF.

biggytitbo

No, I'd suggest the big majority of this group ascribe to the theory because they actually believe it, not because of the ropey old pseudo psychological nonsense you suggest.

A small minority are probably peddling it because they have a vested interest in having a set of absurd, paranoid narratives out there that they can use to muddy the water between credible para-politics and fantasy.

popcorn

Quote from: Phil_A on January 03, 2014, 02:55:24 PM
Yeah, that's definitely something I've noticed amongst certain conspiracy obsessives - they love to feel that they're on the inside, like they're the keepers of secret knowledge that everyone else is too ignorant/complacent/brainwashed to be aware of.

I'm probably guilty of the opposite thing, though, which is that when I meet people who have any time at all for alternative medicine, for example, I instantly condemn them as a massive unforgivable super-idiot. I mean it's quite unfair of me. But really.

biggytitbo

Quote from: popcorn on January 03, 2014, 07:15:10 PM
I'm probably guilty of the opposite thing, though, which is that when I meet people who have any time at all for alternative medicine, for example, I instantly condemn them as a massive unforgivable super-idiot. I mean it's quite unfair of me. But really.

It's an irony usually lost on the 'conspiracy theorists just want to believe they're in a special club that knows special things the regular cunt in the street doesn't' theorist that they're the exact mirror image of that person they have imagined.

Alberon

The last time I looked in on the whole chemtrail nonsense was when a believer was pointing out that normal contrails couldn't possibly be forming because the temperature that he measured at ground level was too warm.

As others have said, even in the woo woo world chemtrail believers are seen as being a few greys short of an anal probe.

23 Daves

I've just been on their website, and they've got a section on how to spot shills on Facebook.  It's about three quarters of the way down the page:

http://www.look-up.org.uk/misinformation/

There are screenshots of supposed fake accounts.  All they are are people using Facebook with the privacy settings at max.  They're not CIA operatives who are paid full-time to monitor "Look Up" - I've checked one profile[nb]Why did I bother? I don't know.[/nb], and I was interested to see that she seems to be a fan of Goldie Lookin Chain.  I tried explaining to the site moderator how Facebook works, but he didn't seem very interested, he just deleted my comment.

It's a fascinating little web of fantasy.  It's almost as if the chemtrails aren't enough for him, and he has to see other little micro-conspiracies around the work. 

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2014, 08:04:48 PM
It's an irony usually lost on the 'conspiracy theorists just want to believe they're in a special club that knows special things the regular cunt in the street doesn't' theorist that they're the exact mirror image of that person they have imagined.

So the reverse, then.

George Oscar Bluth II

QuoteIt is hard and time-consuming to create full, genuine-seeming accounts on Facebook

No it isn't. The CIA/MI5/whoever can very easily create genuine-seeming accounts on Facebook. I could create genuine seeming accounts on Facebook.

George Oscar Bluth II

Oh god this is good: http://www.look-up.org.uk/the-perpetrators/

It's basically just a list of some airlines. Then this:

QuoteNot all are sprayers. Jet 2, for instance, we believe to be the delivery trucks that take the chemicals from one airport to another within the UK. All they seem to do is travel between UK airports at night.

Basically, someone's noticed that there's a lot of trucks travelling round the UK with Jet2 written on the side. Now, obviously a sheep might think that Jet2 bought ad space on the side of a load of trucks but no. They're transporting CHEMICALS.

It is, of course, completely logical that the trucks that do this would have the name of an airline on the side of them, rather than blending in by, er, not having the name of an airline on them.

23 Daves

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 03, 2014, 10:32:31 PM
No it isn't. The CIA/MI5/whoever can very easily create genuine-seeming accounts on Facebook. I could create genuine seeming accounts on Facebook.

It isn't me you need to be telling this to. Anyway, how would you know about all this, Mr CIA Guy?

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: 23 Daves on January 03, 2014, 04:37:31 PM
Unfortunately they've got me pegged now.

You mean you're not going to go back on there and say "Ok, you got me - I'm a CIA Shill"?  Sounds like barrels of fun to me.

MC Root

I was tempted to google around for an article on astroturfing and chemtrails to see if I could tie those together, and suggest that someone proposes that chemtrail conspiracy theorists are actually generated by astroturfing the possibility of the theory in the first place by the CIA (and that attacks by those who deny it are CIA shills undercover, I think they'd possibly buy into that). The only thing I found was some nut saying if only they could break their astroturfing "story" then more attention would be paid to the chemtrails nuttery.

I hadn't heard of this gold before, the original article is from a site that may be satire, either way they're conspiracy theorists so they can't rule it out, but it is funny and I could imagine it being a real article sadly.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/28/1242158/-I-don-t-know-ARE-Militant-Atheists-Using-Chemtrails-To-Poison-Angels

It has been taken down and obviously not still in google cache, but it didn't escape the waybackmachine: http://web.archive.org/web/20130821112549/http://usahitman.com/mauctpa/ <-- full article.

As it states in their article about it, it's hard not to quote the thing in full it's that insane.

A number of years ago I contributed to the only forum that was capping and uploading The Daily Show, because the scene were too lazy and stupid to get around to do it had to be done by one individual for a number of years.

After some time there were obviously a lot of political discussions, then one day two or three nuts appeared who started to question the existence of the holocaust. After a small amount of these idiots lurking, I managed to figure out they were coming from ConspiracyCentral. They even had a forum page about how they were "infiltrating" our forum to spread the word questioning the holocaust and other nonsense.

I ended up in their IRC chat, there were 2 people, neither of which had any idea of how to ban me from the channel once I said too much doubting and questioning how they could be confident in questioning everything to the nth degree. I had played a long for a while and listened to them, on the forum and in IRC, they exhibited a pathological basis to be unable to stop themselves from questioning any established fact by anyone at all - even among themselves.

At one point one in chat, of them just started spouting off about ghosts and then later said it was "just to spark discussion" (between themselves and the one other person there), but the overall diagnosis would be one of denial of not just established scientific facts, but also to the point of common sense. These people just seemed incredibly gullible.

It was as if even if there was a scientific fact provable to them through empirical evidence that met all of the conditions for accepted science, the ability to repeat the findings, etc., etc. it "proved" nothing. It basically seemed that even if they were staring down a microscope at something, they'd almost refute their own empirical evidence or claim still didn't prove anything. These people are nuts and definitely do think they sit on high above us all because they will question literally anything leaving them safe in the belief in nothing (so they can't be wrong because of the ceaseless questioning and lack of answers - and then the answers should be questioned and disbelieved anyway), if only it was their existence and they wanted to put it to the test by walking off the top of a building it would have a practical use, but other than that it just means they are a form of troll IRL or online.

In the end because of the ensuing stupidity, arguments over the holocaust, the middle east situation etc., flowing on from that, our forum moderator in combination with a few other staff members got so fed up with it that there was a ban placed on posting about "conspiracy theories" on our forum and these loons had to take camp elsewhere having failed in their attempt to astroturf our site into their stupidity, not that they were taken seriously, but it just became a form of incessant spam really.

But it seems to be a form of pathology to be honest in these extreme cases, they can't accept that anyone knows anything and will simply question anything, even that their own whole previous empirical experience of life can be thrown out the window to support these theories or just the existence of ghosts, UFOs, the Yeti, Lizard-people, or whatever... the only thing that remains is "questioning", and that these stupid "theories" or "possibilities", as being plausibly possible are oddly enough the only things that don't get questioned. They can just see what we can't because we've been brainwashed, blinkered, so hidden from "the truth" etc., that they become like evangelicals themselves and that fundamental about their fundamental lack of beliefs or ability to believe or trust in anything at all.

And yeah there has been a request from the CIA to contract out software that produces social networking profiles, the contract was dropped from their page of contracts within a day or two of people noticing it, but the details of it were quite explicit and yeah, it's to generate believable, interactive profiles that do seem real, so these things do exist but they're put to purposes like making it look online like Afghanis are happy with the US's "peace" in their home country, etc. Not this kind of shit, hence me wanting to make the suggestion that they're the product of astroturfing rather than the CIA shills who have their normal facebook profiles on high security settings.

It's incredibly easy to make multiple profiles, it's more difficult to make them have their profiles be believable, but in this day and age, no one is going to have security settings low enough to prove it to them, except those who are produced to astroturf or don't think about these things pretty much. Even if they did, if they understood astroturfing properly and have seen what's actually been contracted by these agencies and actually did their own "homework", they'd know that they wouldn't be able to detect the fake from real profiles, but as long as security settings are proof enough they can convince themselves, and again, this is all not that they'd be considered a worthy target of anyone to target them.

Sadly despite whatever level of intellect they're at, ultimately they're irrational idiots who can't accept scientific facts without even questioning them, or always needing to keep the door completely open to a spiritual realm no one has any evidence of and so makes it hard to rationally discuss. To argue with them online or in real life is as pointless as trying to argue with someone that their "God" is just a figment of their imagination. Not that I'd recommend that as a technique to get anyone to question their own beliefs or challenge the beliefs of any believer of anything. Logic and belief aren't at all related in these peoples' minds. There's some kind of "magic" going on that doesn't need science, doesn't need causality, doesn't need reality, but which they can base conspiracies from, usually bits and pieces of information or mis-information cobbled together ad hoc.

"The truth" is like a double-blind test to them, but no matter the result, they always think that what they think already is true either because it's unfashionable or they've met such resistance in their assertions that there must be some truth to it or why would they object to it so vehemently, they're stupid, gullible all of these, and/or simply want to part of a special club of people who really see the truth through everything else and think they're continually seeing people misled by the govt./media/science/whatever, and the rest of us are simply inferior, unquestioning fools who drank/swallowed the govt./whoever's kool-aid/bullshit.

That being said, reading what's happening and actually doing your homework keeps these idiots at bay because you can easily pick and choose whether there is any point in engaging with them, and when they won't even accept empirical facts, there's not a lot of room to move in other than to troll them back to be honest. They seem to be missing "something" and that "something" has to be filled with nonsense apparently.

23 Daves

That's interesting stuff, MC Root.

Here's another way-out conspiracy theory which came my way via Facebook late last year - the Nibiru Cataclysm theory, whereby believers think that the Planet Earth is in danger of complete destruction by a monster planet which orbits the entire solo system and has hundreds of moons:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_cataclysm

Some of the Youtube videos for it are great, and occasionally quite chilling, like something out of a carefully developed sci-fi plot. But the problem is the date for "impact" is forever shifting, and whenever one of the conspiracy theorists predicts a date (January 2014 is the latest one) then nothing happens, they just move the date again and everyone seems quite happy with that.  They're content to pull everyone else's data to pieces and speculate how false it is, but not anything emerging from within their own camp, which is always - without fail - utterly incorrect.  All the "Nibiru is coming!" evidence on YouTube fails to prove that Nibiru is indeed coming, but that's OK - they'll accept another false start and believe the next video they see on the topic instead.  It's blind faith in action. 

biggytitbo

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 03, 2014, 10:32:31 PM

What do people think they spend all those billions of funding on? They'll have fake twitter and facebook accounts, lots of onside journos and editors, fake article commentators, even that Daily Kos site is probably a CIA front.

Famous Mortimer

Talking of Nibiru brings us to gorilla199 - I wonder if he's still doing his thing, as he banned me from commenting on his videos a few years ago...http://www.youtube.com/user/gorilla199/videos - indeed he is!

There was a great "Ask An Astrophysicist" about Nibiru as well - https://www.uta.edu/planetarium/astronomy-101/ask-the-astronomer/qa.php?tag=48 - but you know not a single person who read the replies to their questions was convinced. The more time I spend in this world the less I want to debate with any of them, it's just a horrible waste of time. Make your comments, answer any reasonable follow-up questions, and get out before you start picking apart the meanings of words and realising that watching paint dry is a more fulfilling activity.

thraxx

There is no hidden conspiracy - the skyjews and skymuslims have put their differences aside and are flagrant in their poisoning of the skies.