Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Chemtrails Conspiracy (Or "How I Became a CIA Shill")

Started by 23 Daves, January 03, 2014, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepotamo1985

When I was about 10, I was totally obsessed with aliens and UFOs. When I was 11, I watched a documentary that concluded that aliens and associated spacecraft visit the Earth frequently, and are in fact all around us, but they're invisible. Even that was too much for my credulous young mind to handle, and I went on to become a CIA shill.

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 06, 2014, 09:14:33 PM
the silliest myth of all - the single bullet theory, which Dale Myers has been spreading around the internet for 20 years.

Hey, I did add the caveat that he was clearly a bit of a tit at the end.

If memory serves, his SBT is unique, and is like, the fifth single bullet theory postulated?

biggytitbo

Yeah his particularly version is different to Bugliosis, which is one of the reasons they fell out and Myers ghostwriting of Reclaiming History went uncredited. The HSCA version is different still, and the WC version was too vague to compare.

Neil

Quote from: Pepotamo1985 on January 06, 2014, 10:08:39 PM
When I was about 10, I was totally obsessed with aliens and UFOs. When I was 11, I watched a documentary that concluded that aliens and associated spacecraft visit the Earth frequently, and are in fact all around us, but they're invisible. Even that was too much for my credulous young mind to handle, and I went on to become a CIA shill.

I had a very open mind with regards the occult, and one of my older friends regaled me with tales of it. Now, he's a nut, but I loved the stories. He said he had robes, spell books etc, and was well into it all. He swore blind he knew a, well, a witch, who he saw point to a bird in the sky, and made it fall to the ground, deed.

I bought tarot cards, read up on them diligently, and soon realised they were all about confirmation bias and making vague statements that people would then fill in themselves as part of a social contract.

I was particularly obsessed with astral travel - I will start a thread on "da13thsun" as I've been looking into him of late.

It was, in many ways, preferable to how I am now. I was recently asked why I didn't believe in fate, and I said, well, it's just coincidence which we imbue with meaning, which is the dynamic behind many, many things such as superstitions and religious beliefs.

It's a bit rubbish being an atheist/skeptic/cynic, and not believing in conspiracy theories or anything odd or spiritual.

Zetetic

Quote from: Neil on January 06, 2014, 10:20:33 PM
I was recently asked why I didn't believe in fate, and I said, well, it's just coincidence which we imbue with meaning

Paging Sony Walkman Prophecies ...

Marissa

'Occult Atheist' is quite a handy category if you fancy the cultural and aesthetic benefits of Magick without having to believe in anything which isn't true. So you get to keep Tarot, meditation, yoga, bumming in the moonlight after a good thrashing, preferably bound to a tree, (or a night at the Torture Garden if you're going to be Londoncentric about it), whatever Dark Metal music, ambient whatevs may be appropriate.

Rituals, drugs and sex magick can have real effects, inside your head, there's no need to pretend you can walk through walls etc.

Marissa

And...
I once politely remarked I wasn't interested in Chemtrails, triggering a contemptuous scowl from the owner of the shop Substance 666 (full of dope paraphernalia, magickal tat and cheap dressy up stuff for parties) 
'Oh, you're another one of the Sheeple.'

That's me. Just another pawn in the Zionist conspiracy.

Neil

Tell me more. Are you into sigils and that? Where do I look for info? Crowley?

Marissa

You can probably go straight to his heirs, Chaos Magick, or the more female friendly Wicca, Phil Hine, Austin Osman Spare's reprogramming the unconscious with sigils.
Mandrake of Oxford is a good publisher.

I feel Crowley was more anti-semitic than he needed to be by the standards of the time. He treated people especially lovers abominably, probably did think he was better than Jesus and Shakespeare etc, or was he joking? As in the human sacrifice reference to masturbation? Anyone who shows up and takes a dump on the carpet is probably best avoided, in my view.

Then again do you get over being demonised by your own mother, criminalised for being bisexual? There's a scholarly sympathetic biog http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1556438990/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1780283849&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1KBMQK8TE7FK0YZZHPM6 well worth getting out of the library. From which we learn that his massively wealthy brewing family invented the pub lunch.

Probably better to be guided by a Wise Woman than an up himself blowhard (not me, not this time anyway, but 'rhymes with holy' Crowley). Or find your own path. Knit something from Celtic, esoteric Norse, whatever world systems work. 

And thanks for putting all the effort into this resource.

biggytitbo

Peter Levenda's Sinister Forces trilogy is highly recommended for those interested in the occult, magik, Crowley and how all sorts of related high weirdness interacts with our modern history - Nazis, UFOs, Manson, conspiracies etc.

mook

or you could do something productive with your time and money and take up this.

Marissa

Except we have more sex. And better drugs. Enjoy your modelling.

mook

Neville Chamberlain

It's a bit rubbish being an atheist/skeptic/cynic, and not believing in conspiracy theories or anything odd or spiritual.

No, it's brilliant - reality has far more oddness to offer than any made-up bollocks! (I do like the idea of ghosties, though!)

mook

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on January 07, 2014, 08:44:56 AM
No, it's brilliant - reality has far more oddness to offer than any made-up bollocks! (I do like the idea of ghosties, though!)

exactly. just look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgkL8PulPdE

in even the most fantastical of imaginings did crowley and all those other softheads dream up anything quite like that?

Neville Chamberlain

Nice video - and thanks to the links on the YouTube sidebar, I've just watched a couple of human bot fly removal videos!

chand

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 06, 2014, 04:20:12 PM
I don't know much about conspiracy theories and nor do I care, to be honest.  However Doug Stanhope's latest podcast includes discussion of a group who believe that Sandy Hook never actually happened.  Not that it was orchestrated or something about it was covered up, but that it didn't take place.  I sat up and listened when I heard that.  What absolute nutballs.

They have conspiracy theories for all sorts of stuff. Remember that plane that crash-landed in the Hudson and nothing really came of it? Above Top Secret had a thread about how none of that 'added up', there were people insinuating that something dodgy must've been going on since there were some rich people on the plane as I recall.

billtheburger

The Hudson river one is a masterpiece of delusion.
IIRC, it was a failed sacrifice so that Jennifer Hudson who'd won American Idol would win a Grammy & an Oscar and be initiated into Beyonce & Jay Zs Illuminati circle.
She had an additional sacrifice done in her name a few years later when her family was ritually murdered.

Phil_A

Quote from: Marissa on January 07, 2014, 04:59:40 AM
You can probably go straight to his heirs, Chaos Magick, or the more female friendly Wicca, Phil Hine, Austin Osman Spare's reprogramming the unconscious with sigils.
Mandrake of Oxford is a good publisher.

I find it quite interesting that there's a thread of this stuff running through British comics in the 80s and 90s, with Grant Morrison and Alan Moore both being practitioners, and Pat Mills(founder of 2000AD) including numerous references to "Kaos" in his comics. Also despite apparently being mortal enemies, Morrison and Moore do seem to have a few shared beliefs, including similar notions of how writing affects the physical world.

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/News/Northampton-News/Alan-Moore-I-am-not-the-Northampton-Clown-but-it-might-be-my-fault-19092013.htm

I recommend Morrison's Supergods, which is a very entertaining read, and contains lots of anecdotes of a peculiar and possibly highly exaggerated nature. It also explains how this one particular sigil came to appear on the cover of Robbie Williams' Intensive Care album:

mothman

Seen written in the dirt on the back of a lorry on the M5 yesterday morning in letters 2ft high:

CHEM TRAILS
ARE REAL

Sadly I wasn't able to take a photo (I wasn't driving, I carshare, but we were two lanes over and going much faster). But who could possibly argue with proof... er, that I can't actually show anyone... like that?![nb]The irony of the position I find myself in would be lost on most Chemtrailers. And not just because they're all Yanks and so genetically incapable of appreciating irony.[/nb]

Operty1

biggytitbo

Quote from: Operty1 on January 11, 2014, 09:59:06 PM
I do like the subtitle to David Icke's new book. (You may have to click on the image to read it)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Perception-Deception-Part-One-ebook/dp/B00GVAYF9A

If Alan Partridge ever has a godhead revelation, that'd exactly the kind of subtitle I'd imagine he'd write.

I sat through about 90 minutes of Ickes infamous 9 hour lecture recently and he cracks an inordinate amount of jokes, all of them crap. His talks are 100% assertion, 0% facts, albeit with enough general anti politics stuff in their that you can agree with him a lot of the time. until he spoils it be saying something utterly silly.

Operty1

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 11, 2014, 10:09:13 PM

If Alan Partridge ever has a godhead revelation, that'd exactly the kind of subtitle I'd imagine he'd write.

I sat through about 90 minutes of Ickes infamous 9 hour lecture recently and he cracks an inordinate amount of jokes, all of them crap. His talks are 100% assertion, 0% facts, albeit with enough general anti politics stuff in their that you can agree with him a lot of the time. until he spoils it be saying something utterly silly.

Funnily enough I had been watching some Icke stuff on Youtube, and thought that many of his mannerisms and turns of phrase were so Partridge esque, that I thought Coogan or at least one of the writers kept an eye on his output.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Operty1 on January 11, 2014, 09:59:06 PM
I do like the subtitle to David Icke's new book. (You may have to click on the image to read it)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Perception-Deception-Part-One-ebook/dp/B00GVAYF9A

I've never seen someone so honestly criticise their own book on the front cover. Amazing.

Famous Mortimer

If it's wonder you're after, read about / look at pictures of the very big and the very small - there's all sorts of weirdness that almost defies description in our lovely universe.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 11, 2014, 11:35:05 PM
I've never seen someone so honestly criticise their own book on the front cover. Amazing.
806 pages? Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

biggytitbo