Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fight Night Champion

Started by Neil, January 03, 2014, 03:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

God, it's fucking brilliant isn't it? Been waiting for the price to drop for the last couple of years, and finally got it in the Xbox Xmas sale. Loved the Fight Night games for years now, and it's a damn shame that they've been put aside now so that EA can concentrate on MMA titles instead.

Playing through Champion mode at the minute, and it nails the idea of giving an actual cinematic experience in a boxing game.

The right analogue stick controls work superbly in the iteration. The punches and footwork are massively satisfying and effective. Oh, it's just brilliant, the best boxing game ever.

kngen

yeah. thought it was great. Had to delete it to make room for GTA V - but I very much enjoyed it. Could never get past the second stage of the final fight though
Spoiler alert
(get 50 bodyshots on Ivan Dragoalike or whatever it was)
[close]
, but it was a pretty compelling storyline with some neat twists.

I even spent 40 or so minutes just watching a CPU v CPU match up of Ali v Tyson to settle that age-old pub argument
Spoiler alert
Ali won with unanimous points, btw
[close]

Would def buy again if I saw the disc.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: kngen on January 03, 2014, 05:58:57 PM
Could never get past the second stage of the final fight though
Spoiler alert
(get 50 bodyshots on Ivan Dragoalike or whatever it was)
[close]

That fight is a complete nightmare made all the more infuriating by the fact that
Spoiler alert
the fights leading up to it are relatively straightforward and then that one takes flipping ages. Once you know the tactics to win then it gets easier but every so often Frost will still smash you with a right hand that takes everything out of you
[close]

The Champion Mode is great though with a really good story. Creating your own boxer and working up the ranks has also been improved. In previous games it was too easy to remain undefeated and just batter everyone without worrying about your defense whereas in this one I lost a bunch of fight early on by wearing myself out. Plus you can still give yourself the nickname 'Evil Ways'.

kngen

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on January 04, 2014, 09:10:26 AM
Plus you can still give yourself the nickname 'Evil Ways'.

I think I tried to call myself 'The Hitler of Hitting People' but it was too long, if memory serves.

glitch

Really enjoyed other iterations of this on the original Xbox and even the iPhone. Took Carlton Banks to become Middleweight Champion of the World, which I couldn't repeat with Big Daddy Banks as Heavyweight.