Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:40:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Wrasslin' Pay Windah

Started by Moribunderast, January 08, 2014, 01:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjd2

Quote from: Sandow on January 08, 2014, 04:04:09 PM
I think there was an in-ring/on-ramp bit with Kaitlyn present where Stephanie put her in her place for something, but I can't remember the exact content of that bit. Beyond that, she seemed to disappear for a bit after losing the Divas title to AJ, and then resurfaced as part of the recent confusing and shite Total Divas vs non-Total Divas matches, where she was suddently by default a heel. Kind of a shitty way to go out.

Oh that promo, I remember it, she made Kaitlyn and AJ look like complete nerds. Thinking about it, one great thing when Vince was boss heel, he always got his comeuppance and because he was so good he never lost his heat, Trips and Steph are to cool for all that it seems.

Anyways promo of Steph, Aj and Kaitlyn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066RhrDhTh8

Ja'moke

Kaitlyn asked for her release apparently and who can blame her? The current WWE womens division is the worst it has been in years. When you have Aksana winning matches you know something is fucking wrong.

But then the NXT womens division is great. Emma, Paige, Summer Rae, Sasha Banks and Bailey can all go. I think Emma should be called up first she is super likable and the best wrestler; Paige has a great image but is sometimes a little sloppy. But those ladies along with AJ could make a great division, just sack the rest. Unfortunately with Total Divas there is no chance.

Unoriginal

Quote from: Ja'moke on January 08, 2014, 06:14:58 PM
Kaitlyn asked for her release apparently and who can blame her? The current WWE womens division is the worst it has been in years. When you have Aksana winning matches you know something is fucking wrong.

But then the NXT womens division is great. Emma, Paige, Summer Rae, Sasha Banks and Bailey can all go. I think Emma should be called up first she is super likable and the best wrestler; Paige has a great image but is sometimes a little sloppy. But those ladies along with AJ could make a great division, just sack the rest. Unfortunately with Total Divas there is no chance.

I wouldn't call Paige sloppy at all. Her style is a British style which is hard hitting and not as polished as the WWE's product. She's by far the best woman worker on NXT and maybe the best in the company.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Unoriginal on January 08, 2014, 06:30:53 PM
I wouldn't call Paige sloppy at all. Her style is a British style which is hard hitting and not as polished as the WWE's product. She's by far the best woman worker on NXT and maybe the best in the company.

That wasn't a knock on her style, I like the British elements she incorporates in to her move-set, I meant that she is every so often prone to botching, I've noticed it a couple of times recently. She's still bloody great and better than any diva on the main roster, but I think overall Emma is more consistent, Lance Storm trained her well.

Anyway, in memory of Kaitlyn, lets listen to her camp-techno theme on repeat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgKJH74JDXE

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on January 08, 2014, 07:06:24 PM
Anyway, in memory of Kaitlyn, lets listen to her camp-techno theme on repeat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgKJH74JDXE

Wow, that sounds like something that'd be playing in the background of Limmy's webcam shows.

up_the_hampipe

Some stuff regarding Del Rio and Batista, things are getting heavy quickly:

Quote- In an apparent response to Alberto Del Rio's earlier Twitter comments that we posted, Batista tweeted the following this morning:

"Seems 2 me that some C level stars in a B level star era have bought into their own hype. Don't turn a work into a shoot. #realitycheck"

Here's what Del Rio wrote, a reference to Batista's MMA debut in 2012:

"Really batista hahahahah. I'm the one wining all the major titles while u were getting ur ass kick by your plumber (Vince lucero) See u at the rumble. Like we say in #Mexico U can buy muscles but U can't buy Huevos cabron"

Subtle Mocking

I can't help but wonder if Del Rio's leaving soon.

Spiteface

Unoriginal

Quote from: Ja'moke on January 08, 2014, 07:06:24 PM
That wasn't a knock on her style, I like the British elements she incorporates in to her move-set, I meant that she is every so often prone to botching, I've noticed it a couple of times recently. She's still bloody great and better than any diva on the main roster, but I think overall Emma is more consistent, Lance Storm trained her well.

Lance Storm is the best trainer in wrestling right now most probably. Isn't Tyler Breeze the other NXT wrestler who he trained? Think so.

Isn't Del Rio supposed to be considering retirement soon? He's a done lot more than he should have in WWE and there doesn't seem to be much else they can do with him. It's probably best if he leaves now.

Subtle Mocking

Rob McNichol
‏@RobMcNichol
Have now heard from a couple of decent sources that a very famous free agent with a moustache is in Vegas. [Rubbish Chyna joke redacted]

up_the_hampipe

I guess we have been spoiled with the likes of Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Dean Ambrose etc. so we need a fucking shite worker to even things out.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on January 08, 2014, 11:22:28 PM
I guess we have been spoiled with the likes of Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Dean Ambrose etc. so we need a fucking shite worker to even things out.

These new faces that we've spent the last few years building up are doing really well. LET'S BRING BACK ALL THE OLD FACES FOR SOME REASON!

Ja'moke

I can excuse Hogan for Wrestlemania 30, but I have zero interest in seeing him wrestle. Let him induct Warrior into the Hall of Fame and then have them both come out during Mania and beat up The Real Americans for 5 minutes. That I can deal with.

up_the_hampipe

I would really love to see Warrior no sell the pedigree one more time. That was magic.

Unoriginal

Watching the WWE network announcement now and I have to hand it to them, it sounds superb. All past episodes of Raw and Smackdown; all past PPVs from WWE, WCW and ECW; even able to watch Benoit matches. All PPVs will be put on it as well as all the other shows so the days of Sky Sports and maybe even breaks is over. I'd be willing to pay for it for the incredible archive alone. Will be launched over here by end of the year or early next year.

Moribunderast

Yeah, I barely even watch anymore but I'd even consider getting the network for that price. Seems they're effectively putting all their eggs in the network basket and giving up on pay-per-views, right? I must say, if everything is as they've stated, it's a genuinely cool and innovative thing they've created.

In saying all that, I watched parts of the presentation and was thrown into an all-body cringe. Stephanie McMahon, HHH and Shawn Michaels doing skits! WHY? I did love that everyone, even the executives nobody'd ever heard of, came out to theme music.

Subtle Mocking

Network is extremely tempting. Good work, WWE. Still, I wonder where that leaves the Sky contract, especially with PPVs seemingly migrating to the Network. The non-live Raw isn't too bad for the UK either, given most just DVR it anyway through the night.
(EDIT: Though it's apparently not coming to the UK until the end of 2014. Booooo.)

Some less positive news overnight - Mae Young has been taken off life support. :(

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on January 08, 2014, 08:13:21 PM
Some stuff regarding Del Rio and Batista, things are getting heavy quickly:

If either of them are doing anything than working their Twitter followers, I'd be absolutely astonished. And isn't Del Rio the guy who got K'd the FO by Mirko Cro Cop in an MMA match a few years back (while wearing his mask, no less)?

Sandow

Quote from: Unoriginal on January 09, 2014, 02:45:25 AM
All past episodes of Raw and Smackdown

Do they say this anywhere? I understood they were referring to repeats of curent episodes, available after their live broadcast. They've been very explicit about availability of all WWF/E, WCW and ECW PPVs, but less so about TV (unless I've overlooked something).

Would love archival stiff going further back than Raw. Complete runs of Prime Time Wrestling would be amazing. Wonder if they will also make available other libraries that they own e.g. AWA?

Excellent to hear that NXT will also be available. I wonder if potential wider exposure will affect the content?

Unoriginal

Quote from: Sandow on January 09, 2014, 01:26:57 PM
Do they say this anywhere? I understood they were referring to repeats of curent episodes, available after their live broadcast. They've been very explicit about availability of all WWF/E, WCW and ECW PPVs, but less so about TV (unless I've overlooked something).

Would love archival stiff going further back than Raw. Complete runs of Prime Time Wrestling would be amazing. Wonder if they will also make available other libraries that they own e.g. AWA?

Excellent to hear that NXT will also be available. I wonder if potential wider exposure will affect the content?

Was 3 in the morning, got a bit too excited! Regardless, it's a superb package, and I hope they make available all the libraries they have because there is some brilliant mid-80s wrestling that deserves to be seen by a younger audience.

QuoteThere is heat on Ryback as there's been continued complaints about him being reckless in the ring. This is one of the reasons his pushes have been curtailed in the past year. As noted, he gave Dolph Ziggler a concussion from a stiff clothesline at last night's Superstars taping. Word is that Ziggler's concussion is not a mild one.

Get rid of him for fucks sake.

Don_Preston

vrailaine

Quote from: Unoriginal on January 09, 2014, 03:30:37 PM
Get rid of him for fucks sake.
Yep, there's no other direction for him at this stage I'd say. When you think about his run near the top, he wasn't actually hurting people much at all, the guy's gotten way worse since and that Goldberg stuff he pulled implies he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

Unoriginal

If this was a decade ago, a hand joke would have been made. I doubt it now though.

rjd2

Supposedly still alive is Mae. Props indeed.

Second concussion in less than a year and this one sounds really bad, this is not good for Dolph and his future. The guy is going to have to tone it down, no way can he continue bumping like a madmen especially in gimmick matches like ladder ones.

boki

Quote from: Unoriginal on January 09, 2014, 03:59:54 PM
If this was a decade ago, a hand joke would have been made. I doubt it now though.
They'd have had Big Boss Man[nb]RIP also, of course[/nb] dressed as John Cena interrupting a Mark Henry promo and...you can guess the rest, I already hate myself for getting this far with it.

Unoriginal

Quote from: rjd2 on January 09, 2014, 05:41:05 PM
Supposedly still alive is Mae. Props indeed.

Second concussion in less than a year and this one sounds really bad, this is not good for Dolph and his future. The guy is going to have to tone it down, no way can he continue bumping like a madmen especially in gimmick matches like ladder ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dolph gets out of the pro wrestling business soon. His career is going nowhere, he's suffered two serious concussions in the space of the year and he seems to have interests outside of wrestling that could keep him occupied. It must be so annoying for him that after all the crazy bumps he's taken, the two concussions he's received have come from stiff shots from guys who should know better.

up_the_hampipe

Mae wasn't going to bow out that easily.

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 08, 2014, 01:13:16 PM
I don't remember that, Don, but I do remember when Channel 5 would broadcast late 90s / early 00s WCW, and their voiceover guys would constantly mock the people on "the internet announcing table", which was just the normal announce table - the joke (which I never got until years later) was that they were the people on the internet announcing table.

Haha, I remember "there's our internet guys" very well indeed. Not sure it was meant to be a joke, even - WCW were constantly trying to cover up the fact that, increasingly, a WCW Worldwide in-ring product wasn't filmed due to cost and turnout reasons, and content was all sourced from Thunder and Nitro.

I do remember the "THWACK" and "BOFFO" bubble graphics very vividly as well. It wasn't just chairshots, either - stiff looking moves got a look in too. According to The Death of WCW (so, potentially, take with a massive dose of salt) towards the end of WCW they would pipe in analogous sound effects to arenas.

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: Unoriginal on January 09, 2014, 06:02:08 PM
he's suffered two serious concussions in the space of the year

Apparently his first one was a pretty severe one, and naturally the more concussions you get, the easier it is to get fresh ones.

Fuck Ryback though - the guy keeps on fucking hurting people. Chances are he'll stay in the mix though, because Vince.

Speaking of concussions, I tried watching some of the product from Attitude Era product and...most of it's pretty difficult to get through. Not from a quality perspective, but come 00/01 almost every fucking match involves some form of foreign object and every other match features some sick bump which makes me wince. I'm amazed that wrestling fans - and wrestlers - managed to convince themselves that unprotected chair shots weren't borderline fucking lethal. Bret Hart used to say that wrestlers learned how to take them, and they weren't dangerous on that basis. Like what the fuck? You're smashing someone in the fucking face with a hard plate of metal. Ergh.