Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Wrasslin' Pay Windah

Started by Moribunderast, January 08, 2014, 01:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mycroft

Zeb can cross one name off that sign of his now, anyway.

Moribunderast

After a week or so of listening to Meltzer rave about the G1 Climax tournament, I've finally wilted and decided to give it a go. It's going to take forever to watch because there's 10 or 11 shows and they're all 3+ hours but based on the first half of Night 1, which I just watched, it's going to be pretty good. I know very little about the Japanese wrestlers and I've always had an issue connecting to their characters as the lack of promos, angles and English commentary make it a bit hard to grasp. That said, in the matches the wrestlers themselves do a great job of making their roles clear. The Bullet Club are arseholes (with AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson in the group), Tenzan is the veteran the fans love, Tanahashi is a rock-star God, etc.

I may tire of it because that's a LOT of wrestling to watch but it's certainly a nice alternative to WWE and TNA. AJ Styles, in particular, is in ridiculous form at the moment.

Unoriginal

If you want to watch NJPW matches with English commentary, there's a new Dailymotion channel where matches are currently being added from the G1 Climax Tournament. It's pretty good:

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/NJPWEnglish/1

Moribunderast

Oh nice, I'll check that out for sure. I think my favourite guy thus far is Minoru Suzuki - Terrifying man!

Deanjam

I quite like listening to new japan with the japanese commentary. They convey the excitement of the match without me having to focus too much on what they say. WWE and TNA's commentary would be greatly improved if I couldn't understand English.

Spiteface

If they replaced Cole, King and JBL with Japanese commentators, Raw would more watchable. I wouldn't have a clue what they're saying, but at least there'd be some passion.

I really need to watch more puro in general, though. I need some kind of alternative to WWE right now, and TNA sure as hell ain't it.

George Oscar Bluth II

Saw a "special" about WM30 on Sky Sports last night which consisted of the bit with Hogan, Austin and the Rock at the start, Cena v Wyatt and the streak ending.

Daniel Bryan is already being written out seemingly :(

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on August 08, 2014, 01:06:17 PM
Saw a "special" about WM30 on Sky Sports last night which consisted of the bit with Hogan, Austin and the Rock at the start, Cena v Wyatt and the streak ending.

Daniel Bryan is already being written out seemingly :(

Wouldn't worry about it - it was just the special that they're contacted to do with NBC every so often and the feeling was that you need the megastar power on network shows like this.  Bryan's matches would have been too long to show anyway.

Deanjam

Also Cena v Lesnar is the main event at Summerfest, so it makes sense to show their matches.

Spiteface

Looks like WWE has had some angry tweets off people, judging by what they just tweeted. AND I QUOTE:

Quote(1/2) @VivaDelRio is responsible for his own actions.  If you're angry at anyone, be angry at Alberto.

Quote(2/2) There's no excuse for a pro athlete not to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Spiteface on August 08, 2014, 09:47:58 PM
Looks like WWE has had some angry tweets off people, judging by what they just tweeted. AND I QUOTE:

What an odd thing for that account to tweet. There's been a rumour that ADR slapped a social media worker to get sacked, but that still doesn't quite explain such a malicious tweet on a usually serious account. This is the part where I'd usually scream "IT'S A WORK!", but perhaps said social media worker is just venting on the account without being reprimanded yet?

Ja'moke

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on August 08, 2014, 01:11:40 PM
Wouldn't worry about it - it was just the special that they're contacted to do with NBC every so often and the feeling was that you need the megastar power on network shows like this.  Bryan's matches would have been too long to show anyway.

And they hope that people will tune into Raw off the back of it, and seeing as Bryan is out injured at the minute it would make no sense to get casual fans interested in Bryan's story, only to turn on Raw and he's no where to be found.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Spiteface on August 08, 2014, 12:44:01 PM
If they replaced Cole, King and JBL with Japanese commentators, Raw would more watchable. I wouldn't have a clue what they're saying, but at least there'd be some passion.

It wouldn't be that hard to work out. "WWE Universu, WWE Networku! Kyu Jyu Kyu! John Cena BROCKURESNARRRR!"

That's a bit racist. It's okay though, none of my friends are Japanese.

As featured in the latest OSW Review.

All the Belts!

up_the_hampipe

Why does Mick Foley's daughter have a shirt now? It's weird enough that people follow her on Twitter, now she has merch?

rjd2

How the fuck would you defend wearing such a t shirt to peeps at work or to your own friends?

Unoriginal

G1 Climax spoilers:

Spoiler alert
I can't believe Jeff Jarrett and D'Amore joined Bullet Club. A shark jumping moment if there ever was one. On the positive side, the wrestling was amazing throughout and Kazuchika Okada may be favourite wrestler now. What a man.
[close]

Neil

Start a new thread please lads, cheers.