Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:20:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm Alan Partridge DVDs question/offer

Started by Utter Shit, January 08, 2014, 12:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Hello twats,

I've tried and failed recently to get hold of I'm Alan Partridge episodes with DVD commentaries on, so I ended up buying the DVDs second-hand off Amazon with the intention of ripping the videos with the commentary audio attached. I believe this is possible but I tried it with VLC yesterday and had no luck.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Anyone who succeeds in helping me can have the DVDs if they live in the UK as I'll have no use for them. Or if they don't want them, someone else can have them.

El Unicornio, mang

I used to use DVD Decrypter, pretty simple software for doing that sort of thing.

olliebean

MakeMKV is an even simpler option, just select the titles you want and which audio tracks to include and it rips them to MKV files (no transcoding, so it's exactly DVD quality).

BeardFaceMan

I use Freemake Video Convertor for exactly this, it's free and it's great. You can even hardcode subtitles if you want. Or just rip the commentary tracks to mp3s, which I did for the I'm Alan Partridge commentaries the other day actually. And I convert everything to mp4 cos I stream stuff through my xbox but it will convert to just about any file type.