Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tamagotchi (the revenge)

Started by mr rou-rou, February 11, 2004, 08:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr rou-rou

That's confused you hasn't it? Yup WRONG FORUM, as you were

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_862465.html?menu=

QuoteTamagotchi, the popular digital pet from the 90s, is coming back, and this time it will be able to date, fall in love, and even have babies

Owners can have their pets compete in eating contests or give flowers and other presents.

Discontinued in 1998, Tamagotchi was an egg-shaped, pocket-sized gadget with a cartoon pet that appeared on a screen. Owners then reared it by punching buttons.

The new version - which goes on sale in Japan on March 20 - will be able to communicate with other pets through infrared, said Bandai, the Japanese toy maker that produces Tamagotchi.

Tamagotchi Plus is also programmed to cultivate intimacy. The virtual pets can move from friendship to love to marriage. In some cases, a child pops up on the owners' displays.

Tamagotchi, which first went on sale in 1996, recorded 40 million in global sales and helped set off an explosion of handheld virtual pets. Tamagotchi Plus will cost about £10.

Story filed: 09:14 Wednesday 4th February 2004

Remember these stupid things?

I'm thinking of buying one of the new ones as an office pet and then suggesting one of our neighbouring work teams buys one so we can compete and hopefully one will die. It will be a bit of fun at work for a week or so. Remember during the first craze kids were setting themselves up as Tamagotchi nannies and they were banned from schools and parents were killing them left right and centre :)

Vermschneid Mehearties

no_offenc, Is this supposed to be in the Corporal. Bullshit folder?

It'll be interesting to see how technology has developed. I personally won't be getting one until it shits the prime numbers.

Dr David V

Oh no... everyone in college is going to be banging on about this now. I thought I left immaturity at school. Tits.

No, I never had one of these. Can someone tell me if I missed out on something great? A little LCD screen which 'dies' when it runs out of batteries?

Oh, and Pienaar, make your move.

Do I get to be the first to say 'wrong forum'?

Or is there something inherently humorous about the said electronic pets that I've missed?

mr rou-rou

fret thee not my army bees , protecting the beloved hive of comedy drones, the intruder will soon be dispatched.