Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

No Known Cure intro on BBC Radio Bristol

Started by Bristolian, January 17, 2014, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Thanks, welcome to the forum.  I am going to get back to my backlog of Morris recordings tonight, so will be putting up a lot more NKC soon.

Bristolian

Thanks Neil,

I have plenty more cassettes to go through too :).

Neil

Oh fucking brilliant! Can I get mp3 versions when they're available, to archive on the site?

Bristolian

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2014, 07:14:25 PM
Oh fucking brilliant! Can I get mp3 versions when they're available, to archive on the site?

It'll take a while, but sure :).

weirdbeard

Quote from: Bristolian on January 17, 2014, 07:41:41 PM
It'll take a while, but sure :).

I'm more than willing to help, if need be. Rip, convert to MP3/FLAC, upload to here and send you CDs and original tapes back in the post.

Bristolian

Quote from: weirdbeard on January 17, 2014, 09:17:24 PM
I'm more than willing to help, if need be. Rip, convert to MP3/FLAC, upload to here and send you CDs and original tapes back in the post.

Thanks for the offer, it's more a case of my finding out which of my cassettes have some No Known Cure - or the Late No Known Cure on them, amongst lots of other non-related material. I had digitised all of my cassettes, but hadn't got around to playing the files, before the HDD they were all stored on died!.

I have to buy a boat-load of CDs and start over!.

weirdbeard

Quote from: Bristolian on January 17, 2014, 11:09:44 PM
Thanks for the offer, it's more a case of my finding out which of my cassettes have some No Known Cure - or the Late No Known Cure on them, amongst lots of other non-related material. I had digitised all of my cassettes, but hadn't got around to playing the files, before the HDD they were all stored on died!.

I have to buy a boat-load of CDs and start over!.

Shame that. Least you still have the source tapes. I still can't bear to chuck away all my old VHS's and tape's - they'll last longer than digital media after all.

There's already a few NKC shows floating around - a few from June '89 which Neil has to get round to finishing off, and another few from near the end of the run in Jan/Feb 1990.  How far back do your tapes go? Would be fascinating to hear anything from the earlier days.

Bristolian

Quote from: weirdbeard on January 17, 2014, 11:40:10 PM
Shame that. Least you still have the source tapes. I still can't bear to chuck away all my old VHS's and tape's - they'll last longer than digital media after all.

There's already a few NKC shows floating around - a few from June '89 which Neil has to get round to finishing off, and another few from near the end of the run in Jan/Feb 1990.  How far back do your tapes go? Would be fascinating to hear anything from the earlier days.

My cassettes go back (so far as I remember) to near the beginning of the show, but they were only occasional recordings, with his Feedback Reports, probably some Michael St. John and his "Arrrrch Bishops" etc, hopefully his rapping-style 'jingle' for NKC... etc...

wigglywoogly

Did Chris Morris make the musical interludes for these kind of things?

If so, he's some serious fuckin beatmaker. Tonnes more interesting than many who purport to be full time muscians / producers.