Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Footfuckingball- The Midweek Matches.

Started by Vermschneid Mehearties, February 11, 2004, 08:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermschneid Mehearties

My local team scunny have just come from 2-0 to 2-2, Newcastle my favourite team are 0-0, and it's Tunisia versus Morocco in the African Cup of Nations.

Here's the scores as they stand:

Birmingham 2 : 0 Everton  
20:45 HT Fulham 1 : 2 Aston Villa  
21:00 42 Blackburn Rovers 0 : 0 Newcastle United  
21:00 42 Charlton Athletic 0 : 1 Tottenham Hotspur  
21:00 42 Liverpool 1 : 0 Manchester City  
21:00 42 Manchester Utd 0 : 2 Middlesbrough GOAL!!!
21:00 42 Portsmouth 0 : 1 Chelsea

TraceyQ

Shutupshutupshutupshutup. I've just come in here to get away from the footfuckingball and now you go and annoy me too!

Men. They should be banned.

Doctor Stamen

Fingers crossed Villa can hold onto our lead in the second half.  Plus, a clean sheet for Boro against Man Utd would be alright for my fantasy league team, and an Everton comeback against the shit would do very nicely.

Doctor Stamen

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Shutupshutupshutupshutup. I've just come in here to get away from the footfuckingball and now you go and annoy me too!

Men. They should be banned.

Ah, shurrup!  Go and finish those dishes!

king mob

I never thought i'd be happy with a Middlesborough scoreline.

king mob

Best scoreline of the night so far

QuotePARTICK 2-0 LIVINGSTON    

Vermschneid Mehearties

Spurs have just put another ball into the net, making it even better for Newcastle, and extroadinarily good for the Livers.

C'mon Middlesborough. Seal the game with a third, you dour-cadsiesd Mak'Ems.

Vermschneid Mehearties

ARGH. Two-One. Just as I opened my cock-the-shit's-cold gob.

No doubt Manure will win 7-2 or something, with Van Nistelrooy scoring 4, getting someone sent off and being awarded man of the match, with a press photographer showing him giving a child a big bag of sweets.

Bilko

QuoteVermschneid Mehearties

It's very easy to create a football thread the night your nearest rivals are losing two nil. Would you have created the thread if Utd had been winning 2-0?

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"
C'mon Middlesborough. Seal the game with a third, you dour-cadsiesd Mak'Ems.

That almost disturbed me but since it came from the keyboard of a fellow Newcastle fan, I just realised that i don't understand the "mak'em" thing at all.  I thought  it was only applied to Sun'lun (Beardsley speak, like).

What the hell is the origin of that phrase?

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"....with Van Nistelrooy scoring 4, getting someone sent off and being awarded man of the match, with a press photographer showing him giving a child a big bag of sweets.

and THAT one deserves a :thumbsup: like what we used to do in the olden days :-)

Vermschneid Mehearties

The Mids are also included, in the "you're a Mak'em" tirade.

It's because south of the wear, the coal miners had their lamps changed to Malcom's, from their original lamp- The Jordy lamp. North of the river, the Tynsiders had to put and shut with their old lamps. Then they took LSD and decided to call each other the names of the lamps they used*

There was a longer more meaningful explanation but I'm too tired to contribute it. You get the gist though.

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteWould you have created the thread if Utd had been winning 2-0?

That didn't come into it. I would have posted the topic even if the Manchester United squad had been given 11 goals out of kindness due to their fairplay, even standards and perfectly excellent sense of right and wrong.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Yeeess. Get in. Blackburn nil Newcastle one.

Liverpool v Man city is 2-1 now as well.

king mob

More importantly

QuotePARTICK  3-0 LIVINGSTON

king mob

Double post due to over excitement of Thistle keeping a clean sheet & scoring goals!!

Vermschneid Mehearties

4-0 actually. Who says I don't believe in Scotland?

king mob

4-0 4-0 4-0 4-0 4-0

Whooooooo,thank fuck!

This place will be kicking off tonight

Vermschneid Mehearties

Manure have only just gone and equalised. Can't trust Middlesborough to do a fucking thing. I'm going away to cry.

king mob

Partick 5-Livingston 1

What the fuck is going on there?

european son

Quote from: "Peter Hammill"
It's very easy to create a football thread the night your nearest rivals are losing two nil. Would you have created the thread if Utd had been winning 2-0?

weirdly, i've only ever started a football thread when my team has just been beaten, to whinge and moan before all the Ipswich fans tell me i've no right to moan, don't know i'm born etc.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Birmingham 3 : 0 Everton  
20:45 FT Fulham 1 : 2 Aston Villa  
21:00 83 Blackburn Rovers 0 : 1 Newcastle United  
21:00 83 Charlton Athletic 1 : 3 Tottenham Hotspur  
21:00 83 Liverpool 2 : 1 Manchester City  
21:00 83 Manchester Utd 2 : 2 Middlesbrough  
21:00 83 Portsmouth 0 : 2 Chelsea

Latest results. Not bad, I'll be very pleased if it stays that way. Though I fear it won't.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Woohoo! Get the fuck in. Manure 2: Middleoftheleague:3

king mob

Partick 5- Livingston 2

Fucks sake, a seven goal thriller!

king mob

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Woohoo! Get the fuck in. Manure 2: Middleoftheleague:3

Yes but you do realise Franchise Utd will have their usual allowance of "injury time"?

Vermschneid Mehearties

Grumblegrumble.

Blackburn have equalised. Fucking fisforks. throwing it away late AGAIN. Scunny lost too. Hmm. Bittersweet. Hope we hang on for a point.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Enough of your 5-2 buisness, there was an 8 goal thriller at Motherwell.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Only one games still playing injury time. It's the Manure match. Looks like you were right king mob.

king mob

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Enough of your 5-2 buisness, there was an 8 goal thriller at Motherwell.

Fuck Motherwell , we WON!

king mob

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Only one games still playing injury time. It's the Manure match. Looks like you were right king mob.

Oh they always bloody end up playing 96 minute games, the bastards!