Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Day Today at 20

Started by Neil, January 19, 2014, 09:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bosnian Old Woman

On The Hour does have some saggy parts and there's less scope for japes too, what with it being only an aural medium and that. It's still delightful, fruitier, odder but still a programme finding its way. TDT is like something hatched fully developed, there is no bedding in period, it's like the apex point of a sitcom or cartoon series, starts in full swing and keeps on swinging all the way.

For me what makes it are the cut points back to Chris which are nearly all played with. The smirks, the funny faces, the calmly puttig a machine gun to one side, the keyboard playing (one of my favourite things ever and a touch of satirical and whimsical genius), all of that makes it special.

For me it is unmissable, the idea of someone not seeing it and instantly making a connection with the content appalls me. There is no more important comedy series in my life, even including Fawlty Towers.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Thomas on February 10, 2014, 01:54:29 PM
There's mention of [the second series of TDT] here - http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?page=cabkbarticle&id=185

Oooh, I don't think I've ever seen that - I didn't know he'd walked out of the TDT pilot.

As for the second series, they were still threatening it up to 3 or 4 years later, it's one reason I never labelled my TDT VHS, 'cos I didn't know whether to just write "The Day Today" or "The Day Today - Series 1" on it.

Decoration Tom

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on March 02, 2014, 08:16:54 PM
Oooh, I don't think I've ever seen that - I didn't know he'd walked out of the TDT pilot.

As for the second series, they were still threatening it up to 3 or 4 years later, it's one reason I never labelled my TDT VHS, 'cos I didn't know whether to just write "The Day Today" or "The Day Today - Series 1" on it.

I think you can be pretty certain now. You should probably hunt down that VHS and label it.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Decoration Tom on March 04, 2014, 08:34:59 AMI think you can be pretty certain now. You should probably hunt down that VHS and label it.

Yes, yes, I think I can.

If only because the Sod's Law field that surrounds my life is so immense that it would immediately force them all to reunite and do another one.