Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,478
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:51:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

photography

Started by Uncle Gripper, August 13, 2004, 02:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Gripper

There was a post your skies and landscapes topic a while back which yielded some great stuff.  Same deal , but this time just post anything ye fancy in fact the more everday the better, i got some good supermarket ones.............honestly..

All these pics were done on a 100 quid Fuji, 'cept for the 'red hot pokers', which was a slide i scanned, which is simply the best high definition method available.  However my 80 quid canon flatbed doesn't  exactly crank out the mega pixels.  However Jessop Jessop Jessops will scan yer slides, just make sure to ask for a non lossy format,.  I did, i asked for Tiffs, they gave me jpegs, i complained, gave them 12 different slides and said i wanted the tiffs this time.  They ended up giving me both discs for free, twats....... good twats, kinda. Anyways, here's a few to get us going.

Thats not jpegness on the rainbow, its slower droplets of water

My 3 quid, charity shop Gnome projector.

Unknown woman in photographers window in Capri, sort of a spot the celeb style, with one shop showing about 30 different pics of Nicholas Cage, looking increasingly pissed off.  Anway, lobster woman is bronzed beyond sunbeds and the other two seem to be her clones.......

wu be eel

ugly sixth formers whizzing around

cornwall

[/img]

mook

Great idea for a thread. I'm a right nosy begger me so love this sort of thing.

I was tinkering with the idea of starting a thread called something wanky like "A Day in the life of a whore." Where we take a photo on the hour* every hour during any specific day and then post them up here for the perusal for other nosy beggers like me.

Anyways this pic is lovely

As are the others.

*yes i know, it was probably that that put me off doing it.

Timmay

Drunk/passed out guy at Reading festival...

UN controlled no mans land between southern and northern Cyprus...

Another Mickey picture...

untitled_london

yup - top thread

so far..

the bubble = ++
those flowers have got a great texture
the rainbows over the els/mooses/ deer = ++

i quite liked the cornwall one too

iain

Rubbish Monkey

terminallyrelaxed

SUCH a good thread, particularly like Gripper's bubble and flowers, and all of jutl's and Iain's blackberries and all of Rubbish Monkeys.
I'm at my folkstonight so can't upload, but will see what I can find tomorrow - haven't done anything recently though (a bit preoccupied) although this is all very inspiring....

sproggy

iain

Knee Squirrel

And some of the roof variety.  This little bugger likes to scuttle over my roof in the morning and wake me up.

I really like that one sproglette! Nice work.

fanny splendid

Knee squirrel?

You could have at least said he was after your nuts.

terminallyrelaxed

Ooh fun! Ok, here are some of mine... I might have posted some before, I honestly can't remember, and as I sadi haven't done much recently.... they are all at 50%, I don't see theres much to be gained from seeing these at full size, they are hardly desktop material....

Just knew this was going to happen, so was ready for it....

No, I don't know any of them....

Erm, its raining. Well, I like it...

Yes the lighting is less than ideal, but I think they are fun...

Bees in the pink...

iain

Haha! Those candles are excellent! I'm itching to snippet that bottom left bit off just looking at them though, maybes thats just me.  
I like the guy on the left in the capsule who appears to be facing away from the windows =/

mr rou-rou

sore bottom mum

you complete freak

TraceyQ

Chadwick

The Glasgow Science Centre

Some rocks in a cave under Culzean Castle

The tower at the Glasgow Science Park

The ruined Kirk at Anwoth, as seen in the Wicker Man

Uncle Gripper

Some super pics there, really liked Iain's macro shots.  Chadwick, i have reams of pics from the science centre, its a very photo friendly place....and mr rou rou, you really should know better, one from a series i expect, entitled 'On Standby'

Filthy bottle, bottle of filth.

Taken with a Pentax K1000, with macro filter

On the way to filthy bottle location,was about the size of a medium fist

Almost Yearly

Got me own bubble picture of yore. Not quite the same fidelity, heh. Taken at dawn with a broken little snappamatic bollocksy thing. My girlfriend chased the bubble across the marsh, skidded, plumped down behind it, fired off and serendipity did the rest. That's me in the middle, blowing another one. It was so cold and humid, the bubbles settled on the ground for ages til they frosted over, all fractally dendritic prettiness, and through these patterns you could still see the colours of the soapy layer swimming around beneath. Then when the bubble finally burst, its icy coating was left draped over the grass like God's own lacey knickers. You had to be there, on shrooms. The camera wasn't up to it.

And I can't resist reposting this one neeva ...

< Cue: exultant choir >

jutl

No competition for Mont St Pasty there, but still...

Mediocre Rich

Statue of Pasquale Paoli in the Place Gaffory,  Corte, Corsica.

This guy is the symbol of Corsican rebelion.  Think Che Guevara in a wig.

Statue of Matt Busby at Old Trafford.

I was particularly pleased with the juxtaposition of these pictures with their surroundings.

MarmiteCarpenter

Wow loads of those are ace...some stunning shots. I love your London Eye one TR.

Our garden was full of those bastards last summer. I got movies of them spinning up bees and everything

A bug

(yes i am a long-exposure whore)

not very nice photo but i like it.

splattermac

edit: moved to new topic

fanny splendid

Hurrah a new page!

jutl - Is this the Radcliffe Infirmary in Oxford?

Class photos everyone. I wish I was half as good a photographer as you guys.

joFFeman

my younger bro and our doggie, Cloud. that's my street.

jutl

Quote from: "Tibetan Singin' Bowl"jutl - Is this the Radcliffe Infirmary in Oxford?.

It is.

El Unicornio, mang

View from our balcony, just before the hurricane hit