Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:54:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

photography

Started by Uncle Gripper, August 13, 2004, 02:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the midnight watch baboon

This macaque whispered Gibberish to me..in GIBRALTAR!

Shit quality sozzry

mook, your photography is stunning. Do you use a tripod?  Your images are so clear.

mook

Thanks Woofwoof.

I normally use a tripod, even perhaps sometimes when I could get away handheld shots, it's almost a habit now to click the camera into the tripod these days. I probably need to buy a couple offaster lenses then I wouldn't have to carry the cumbersome bloody thing about quite so much.

You've probably been asked before but I can't be fucked to check- what camera do you use?

mook

Sounds like a bra :-)

mook

sproggy

Quote from: "mook"I probably need to buy a couple offaster lenses then I wouldn't have to carry the cumbersome bloody thing about quite so much.

But you don't need fast lenses for the lovely macro work you do, don't be tempted to buy stuff you'll probably never use, tripod and longer shutter speeds are probably the best method anyway.  Having said that, I blew a couple of hundred quid on an f/1.4 lens recently, but that's because I like shooting in low light, something it excels in doing and is on my camera pretty much all the time now.

mook

That's the trouble with taking up photography as a hobby, there's always something else you think you need. What I do want though is a fast prime lens, I'd like to take some candid shots and some low light portraits, I'll probably opt for the Canon f/1.8 50mm. I've read a few reviews and it comes out almost as good as the Canon f/1.4 50mm and it's a third of the price. Other than that I need a good walkabout lens, something like the 28mm-300mm L, but thats way out of my price range seeing this is just a hobby for me. A nice little wide angle wouldn't go amiss either. Fucking dear old game this is.

sproggy

The Nikon & Canon 50mm primes are going for a song at the moment and are excellent value for money, I think they've swapped production from Japan to China or Thailand, which is saving a lot on production cost and the quality doesn't seem to have suffered either.

I would go for the f1.4 if you can spare the extra, the bokeh down that end is awesome.

mook

Yeah, the bokeh is nice on that. How much did it rush you? The Canon f/1.4 is about £250, I haven't looked on ebay yet though.

sproggy

It was just a snap shot to illustrate a point.  The downside to paper thin depth of view of course, is that if your main subject isn't parallel with your focal point then part of them will be out of focus too, but it is a nice effect when used in the right place.

Check your PM's BTW

Deadman97

The Duck Man

"Schoolteacher caught posting photos of students on SICKO forum"

I can see the headlines now.

zozman

Lady Beaner

I spied this in a restaurant in China Town on Tues night... I know it's immature!

mook

sproggy

Here's one for Sam's wall

CaledonianGonzo

Cheetah!

It didn't eat me.  Though it was a near thing.

Baxter

Home made limoncello

duckorange

This:

I use a Vivitar 8300. I also use a steam-powered Canon T-70 for my 35mm work.

Mr_Simnock

Nice to see you back after 10 years but this would have been far better put in the thread about his passing instead of bumping this old thread.