Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:27:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A Million Ways to Die In the West (Seth MacFarlane, June 2014)

Started by madhair60, January 30, 2014, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neveragain

Well, I... thought... it was a good.. [nb]film.[/nb]

As soon as it started[nb]with some random voiceover gags[/nb] I thought, 'Ah, well, this will be another parade of crude and irrelevant[nb] barbs[/nb] and novelty which will see me through one watch and probably not any others'. Ted, basically. But then, after a far too [nb]cuss[/nb]-heavy first ten minutes, the film relaxed and I was left with the feeling that it stands perfectly well on its own. Not the best film ever. But a typical alright romp. Very funny. Good villain, nice boy meets hot girl, some fine shenanigans and an[nb]
Spoiler alert
uplifting
[close]
[/nb]end. What more could you want [nb]from 'a typical alright romp'[/nb]? There were only two Family Guy style cutaways to my mind[nb]as well as a funny drug sequence but that's to be expected in any comedy film these days[/nb], both involving popular films[nb]not telling ya which[/nb]. They didn't distract or detract from the plot, being as they were in the centre and end of the [nb]film[/nb] [nb]respectively.[/nb]

All performances good. MacFarlane did the job. Theron and Neeson great. Not so happy about Neil Patrick Harris channeling[nb] David Hyde Pierce[/nb].

madhair60

Enjoyed this a lot.

Red Letter Media straight on the cunt list, based on that pathetic "review" posted on the last page.  God, they're cunts.  Awful.  A hundred times as smug as MacFarlane, but without making me laugh.

Edit: Haha, but I'm still watching it; all their complaints are either ridiculous or flat-out lies - like, whining about things that do not happen in the film.  Astonishingly cunty.  Shit, shit, shit.  Like, sub-TGWTG.

Edit 2: I bet they make money off this; enough to live comfortably.  Very depressing.