Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:10:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

101 live music clichés you lap up like a dog/detest

Started by doppelkorn, January 31, 2014, 02:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaledonianGonzo

Don_Preston

easytarget

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on February 01, 2014, 08:35:50 PM
Yeah, I fucking love when American acts come over and don't have the slightest clue about British geography. Like, if they play a gig in Boston or Philadelphia, chances are that the majority of the people there will be from that area and will support their sports team. Then they come here and say "So I was watching MANCHESTER UNITED earlier" and get booed out of the building.

Tricky needle to thread that, for Johnny American. Yer cities here have (typically) one major sports team (for most of the important sports), so you can pitch up at, say, San Francisco and be all "How bout them niners? How about them to the max?". People in cities 300 miles from Seattle fervently supported them in the Superbowl. Whereas in Manchester, there's City and United just within the 0161 and, as someone else said, fans from Leeds, Liverpool, Bolton, Sheffield, Wigan, Leigh, Itsgrimupnorth, may show up with hatred in their hearts for the most-local football team. It's a dense, complex, island.

I saw the opposite of this move in Seattle a couple of years ago, forum darlings Future of the Left did a show and slagged off Portland "We just played Portland - you know what they say - People from Porland are cunts". Seattle doesn't hate Portland - it really isn't the same as doing a show in Newcastle and attacking people from Sunderland[nb]Durham, Middlesbrourgh, That place where they hung that monkey, etc.[/nb]. Portland is lovely, they have amazing pastries. It fell a bit flat. I started thinking about pastries.

easytarget

Quote from: Janie Jones on February 02, 2014, 09:24:17 PM
Oh I've thought of a proper cliche
41. Leaning forward with one foot on the foldback amp.

Cliché? Yes. Awesome? Oh holy balls yes!

holyzombiejesus

48. Towards the end of the set, the band asking the soundman how long they have left and the audience shouting "an hour!!!!1!!"

Jockice