Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,206
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Lego Movie

Started by CaledonianGonzo, February 08, 2014, 03:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

Never knowingly early to a party, I finally got round to seeing this today. I hadn't realised it was the same writers and directors as Cloudy with a chance..., but watching it I felt it had a similar vibe. I thought my four-year old would find the relentless pace and constant peril a bit overwhelming (as he did in the Minions movie), and that the plot/jokes were all a bit too grown-up, but he was captivated throughout and was asking me to get the DVD from about 2/3rd of the way through. As for me, yes, I liked it; perhaps I would have liked it more if the pace had been a bit slower and I wouldn't have fretted so much about the calxling bursting into tears and wanting to leave any second. I remember there being some really funny moments that had all the adults in stitches, but I don't remember any of them now, so I guess I'll have to get that DVD...

OH FUCKING HELL, bumped an ancient thread AND started a new page in one fell swoop.