Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Howdy Do!

Started by Adina Loki, August 15, 2004, 07:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adina Loki

I believe it's customary on these occasions to say hello.I've been lurking a while, but figured it was about time to enter the light , or something.You all seem like an interesting bunch and all that, so...

hello!

ps. How many posts before the mocking stops?

terminallyrelaxed

p://chilled.cream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=181

Its only like three threads down as well.....

edit: sorry, didnt mean to sound sniffy but sooner or later someone was going to say it. Hello and welcome anyway seeing as the threads here now....
If you say something naive but endearing then the ladies will think you're cute and want to keep you. Just a tip.

Dr David V

Us? Mock? Never. Well, I'm speaking for myself, of course.

TR does have a point though, have a look at that thread and reply in there. Welcome!

weekender

The mocking never stops.

Hello stupid new person, you obviously haven't been lurking long enough to have noticed the thread for newbies.

Look, no swearwords!  Who says I'm not nice...

terminallyrelaxed

hah, and to think in my edit up there ^ I was going to put something like 'God help you if weekender got there first' but thought, nah, thats not fair on the old coot...

Adina Loki

Hmmmmm

Don't much like the idea of being documented and filed "I AM NOT A NUMBER!!!" etc

TraceyQ

What? Another one? I can't keep up, for fuck's sake.

Dr David V

Sorry, but you are a number. 1729 to be precise. I'm 58.

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "Adina Loki"Hmmmmm

Don't much like the idea of being documented and filed "I AM NOT A NUMBER!!!" etc

You will conform. What do you think this is, some kind of vaguely liberal comedy-based community of free-thinking individuals?

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "TraceyQ"What? Another one? I can't keep up, for fuck's sake.

You can ignore them until have 1000+ posts and get their entry card for the Clique.

Hi, newbie, you appear to be named after a cat I associate with, who is in turn named after a Norse God. Your presence on this board will proabbly not significantly affect my life. Hello.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Incredible Monkey Doctor"
You can ignore them until have 1000+ posts and get their entry card for the Clique.

Sorry, I don't understand.

I wasn't going to post here, but then I found out that you're 17 years old and female.

Welcome to Verbwhores Hannah. If anyone ever gives you any trouble, just send me a private message, I'll sort 'em out....

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
Quote from: "Incredible Monkey Doctor"

Sorry, I don't understand.

Sounds like a throwaway clique-joke, don't think he meant anything by it, lets not have another fight eh? </interfering>

Lt Plonker

Welcome aboard, sir or ma'am.

mr rou-rou

did you know Columbo and Peter Falk both appear in a rather interesting German film called 'Wings of Desire' by Wim Wenders, in fact Nick Cave makes a cameo as well.

I think I've mentioned this to you before, did you check it out?

Lt Plonker

You have and I haven't yet. I am anxious to see it but I don't get paid until the 22nd. I'm about £50 over my overdraft at the moment and I'm slightly nervous.

weekender

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"I'm about £50 over my overdraft at the moment and I'm slightly nervous.

Yes, your debt could cause the banking industry to go into crisis.

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"You have and I haven't yet.

You're a fool, man. Do as the rou says, he's not wrong. Its a very inspiring film artistically too, so just up your alley.

mr rou-rou

you could do a trial from www.lovefilm.com and rent it and return it without having to pay a penny.

Lt Plonker

Ooh, now this looks like a good idea. Many thanks for that.

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"
Sounds like a throwaway clique-joke, don't think he meant anything by it, lets not have another fight eh? </interfering>

I'll fight whoevers worthy. There is no clique, or at least if there is I still haven't been invited and it must be because i'm a tosser. Or maybe everyone in the clique is a tosser, in which case I don't want to be part of it. Asides, there's only one person on this board I have any problem with, and fuck them.

I've been drinking. Raay!

gazzyk1ns

Raay! indeed.

Hehe no, there isn't a clique, it's just a friendly joke between a load of  regulars... although ironically I think it makes new people feel a bit unsure/uncomfortable sometimes, in the same way the existence of a clique would!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Hehe no, there isn't a clique...
<reverb>HOW DO *YOU* KNOW...</reverb>

weekender

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Hehe no, there isn't a clique, it's just a friendly joke between a load of  regulars...

Yeah, you're just saying that because you're not a part of it...