Author Topic: Under the Dome-Stephen King  (Read 185 times)

Phoenix Lazarus

• Why bother writing stuff below your avatar?
Under the Dome-Stephen King
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:27:07 PM »
Just finished this.  Reminded me of The Stand, in that both were about a society, or section of it, trying to adapt after being disrupted by some major event.  It also reminded me of Needful Things, in terms of the town-wide violence the story resolves into.  [Spoiler]The section in UTD, in which the policeman teams up with the drug-addict, to embark on a nihilistic spree, seemed ripped off from the pairing of the municipal officer and petty criminal in Needful Things[/Spoiler].   A lot of action, suspense and thrills.  The story was based on intriguing premise and ended better than some of the other King books I've read before (apart from Pet Sematary). 

Anyone else read this and have an opinion on it?[nb]  Well of course there will be, he should know-he's posted enough about Stephen King to know he's widely-read here, you may think!  Well, I know-but I'm just phrasing it that way for "convention's"  sake.[/nb]

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
Re: Under the Dome-Stephen King
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:41:30 PM »
Loved it, thought the ending was unbelievably stupid when I first finished it, then sort of admired the balls it took to submit that to his editor and insist it go through.