Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Under the Dome-Stephen King

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, February 13, 2014, 01:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just finished this.  Reminded me of The Stand, in that both were about a society, or section of it, trying to adapt after being disrupted by some major event.  It also reminded me of Needful Things, in terms of the town-wide violence the story resolves into. 
Spoiler alert
The section in UTD, in which the policeman teams up with the drug-addict, to embark on a nihilistic spree, seemed ripped off from the pairing of the municipal officer and petty criminal in Needful Things
[close]
.   A lot of action, suspense and thrills.  The story was based on intriguing premise and ended better than some of the other King books I've read before (apart from Pet Sematary). 

Anyone else read this and have an opinion on it?[nb]  Well of course there will be, he should know-he's posted enough about Stephen King to know he's widely-read here, you may think!  Well, I know-but I'm just phrasing it that way for "convention's"  sake.[/nb]

Famous Mortimer

Loved it, thought the ending was unbelievably stupid when I first finished it, then sort of admired the balls it took to submit that to his editor and insist it go through.