Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Radio Ahead 2! From AM to EFF 'M, witless wireless warblings.

Started by Talulah, really!, February 14, 2014, 10:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talulah, really!

Some of the following may be of interest.

This Saturday BBC4 extra is rebroadcasting all in one go the excellent R4 adaptation of James Joyce's Ulysses starts at 16.45 to 22.00.

Also on Saturday 20.00 R4 Archive on 4: Burroughs at 100, Iggy Pop with a profile of William Burroughs.

An adaptation of Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep with Toby Stephens as Philip Marlowe is on R4 at 14.30.

Adrian Edmondson is on Saturday Live at 09.00 R4.

Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of NF Simpson from 2007 is one of comedy controllers David Quantick's choices on R4extra. There is also Ivor Cutler in there somewhere as well, the whole thing starts at 09.00 Saturday.

On Monday Radio 3 Opera on 3 is Mark-Anthony Turnage's Greek based on the play by Steven Berkoff. (It's sort of Eastenders takes on Oepidus schmoepidus, who cares as long as he loved his mother, and it's about THATCHERSBRITIN innit.)

There's a short programme on the Italian art collective behind the Luther Blissett project who now go by the name of Wu Ming. Wed R4 13.45.

Revised repeat of The lost tapes of Orson Welles 23.30 Tues and Wed.

A new series called Nurse from Paul Whitehouse who co-writes/co-produces/co-stars and gets the co-ffees from co-stas. Going from the description, it is about a nurse[nb]How do you do it, Nancy Drew?[/nb] who visits various patients on a community psychiatric programme[nb]....so I'm guessing it's downbeat.[/nb]and gets involved in their lives and stories and the are all played by Paul Whitehouse (probably). R4 23.15 Wed.

R2 Thu 22.00 Johnnie Walker's Long Players, JW and David Hepworth discuss Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic and Toto's Toto IV.

If the latter isn't hellish enough hop over to R4 at 23.00 for an adaptation of The Exorcist.