Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris Doing Stand Up?

Started by tylereddyallen, February 18, 2014, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all, just found this on Chortle.co.uk -

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2014/02/16/19608/chris_morris,_live_on_stage

Seemingly Morris' first public appearance of 2014.

Thomas

It's been nattered about here -

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,40925.0.html

But this subforum is probably a suitable place for it. I'm really hoping for a Comedy Vehicle appearance. It'd be a shame for something like this to go totally unrecorded.

Oh apologies!

Further googling of both Lee and Morris has uncovered this:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/05/i-have-no-interest-in-you-or-your-life.html

It's a fan writing to Lee and Herring, note how in the image below Stuart Lee describes Chris' face as 'Broken.' Bit unseemly. Also, any idea what he's scribbled out?

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

That's a Pixies lyric - Broken Face is one of their songs.

Looks to me to say 'normal' under the scribble. I could easily be wrong, mind.

Thanks for the context there.

Yeah good deciphering, I think you're right.

BlodwynPig

normal was what i was about to write, too

It hacks me off when people are rude about his skin. Personally I think he's a relatively handsome man.

I remember Piers Morgan and Victor Lewis Smith being smutty about it in various articles. Made my blood boil.

Thomas

Quote from: tylereddyallen on February 18, 2014, 10:14:49 PM
It hacks me off when people are rude about his skin. Personally I think he's a relatively handsome man.

With a devilish taste in shirts, too.

Last year my arms were patched the hell over with red eczema, and occasionally the skin around my eyes, and if ever I felt self-conscious about it Chris Morris would spring to mind, loping happily about with his birthmark uncovered. Thanks Chris. Thris.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I'm sure FlipTopHead of CaB Radio insanity alluded to his facial marks not really being birthmarks, but never elaborated.

Morris has a strong jawline, which almost always = handsomeness to some degree.

Thomas

I thought it was a 'port wine stain' birthmark, and some acne scarring. A few articles from the Brass Eye days give it as the reason for his not wanting to be photographed, but I don't really believe that. More likely a) he's just a private man, and b) becoming recognisable would defeat a lot of the aims of his career at the time. Same goes for not doing a lot of media interviews.

He's obviously happy to be 'graphed when he's not busy duping celebrities and politicians face-to-face.

Kane Jones

I think he used to pretty much always put make-up on it, even when not on telly. Usual vanity of youth, I expect. He's stopped caring now, I guess.  Which is how it should be.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Thomas on February 18, 2014, 11:10:40 PM
I thought it was a 'port wine stain' birthmark, and some acne scarring. A few articles from the Brass Eye days give it as the reason for his not wanting to be photographed, but I don't really believe that. More likely a) he's just a private man, and b) becoming recognisable would defeat a lot of the aims of his career at the time. Same goes for not doing a lot of media interviews.

He's obviously happy to be 'graphed when he's not busy duping celebrities and politicians face-to-face.

This was all what I understood, but FTH alluded to knowing differently from her days working in radio production. There was a knowing 'Yes, that's what he tells people' aspect, and a feeling there was a sensitive story there, but it wasn't elaborated on. It could quite easily be bollocks or my own misunderstanding, but I've always wondered about it ever since.

Thomas

Ah, I see. It's visible in a couple of Jam sketches, I think.

My girlfriend put makeup around my eyes when I had to have a picture taken, so in a way I know how Chris Morris feels and am exactly like him.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Thomas on February 18, 2014, 11:26:11 PM
Ah, I see. It's visible in a couple of Jam sketches, I think.

My girlfriend put makeup around my eyes when I had to have a picture taken, so in a way I know how Chris Morris feels and am exactly like him.

I feel a bit uncomfortable coming to you with half a story like that - it seems unnecessarily salacious of me - but it's something I've been curious about ever since I heard it.

My first name is Chris, My second name begins with M, I'm the same height as him and I started out in local radio. It's like I'm the new him. If I can just get my girlfriend to apply makeup to my face, I've got it made!

Yeah, I have some acne scarring. It's nice to think that people like Iannucci, Morris, Brydon etcetera have also suffered and gone on to be very successful. It adds a flash of mystery to Morris, it's quite cool, quite villainous.

I've heard some rumours that during his time at Stonyhurst his birthmark wasn't present, that said there's a lot in Disgusting Bliss which refutes that.

Also, HE'S OVER 50! Over 50 with not a single grey hair. Well done that man.

Thomas

Good in't 'e?

Cuts a distinctive silhouette. Does a good smirk, too. I hope he does more film bits so we end up with an action figure.

Imagine returning home to find Chris, smoking a fat cigar, in bed with your mother. Then imagine him giving her a jolly slap on the behind as she scampers off to make him a bacon butty.