Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:05:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Morris lines

Started by Artemis, February 20, 2014, 11:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
"What's she trying to do, get on Cunts of Gold or something?"

Spiteface

"Claire Rayner masturbating with a chainsaw"

gmoney

Quote from: leterel on March 03, 2014, 03:02:03 PM
"...while they were tracking a man who'd buggered a heron"

I honestly can't think of any single moment in any comedy show that's caught me off guard so much

When my Dad first saw that bit he laughed for about 20 minutes, tears rolling down his face, occasionally repeating "buggered a heron!" I've never seen anything like it, it was amazing.

Shade

Quote from: Cleaners From Venus on February 21, 2014, 02:53:48 PM

Also, not 'a line', but in terms of delivery, "rubbery", in OTH will never be surpassed for me. Morris is up there with Rowan Atkinson in terms of comic intonation.

Whenever I hear the word "Rubbery" I have to repeat in that same voice.

I like these little one worders and noises he throws in here and there, like in that Carla Lane interview. I think it was a feedback report where he's talking then just trails off into a "Bleuheuhuhehee" after asking the question.

Similarly whenever he's talking about satanic messages in pop songs and he ends the segment with "..for the kids", it gradually becomes more warped each time. Or whenever he describes something as special:

..a special gun

..a special moth

..a special window for listening

My favourite in terms of delivery is from the Sex episode of Brasseye when he's talking to the woman in the audience, who had been molested as a child:

"But it hasn't happened a lot recently?"

"No"

"Good."

Thomas

Morris calling Diana book man Andrew Morton a 'good boy'.

paolozzi

Quote from: Shade on March 04, 2014, 04:11:22 PM
..a special gun

..a special moth

..a special window for listening

Do you like this special setting on my washing machine?

Tiny Poster

grassbath

Thomas

'Judas, you plan to betray me.'

Shade

Quote from: paolozzi on March 07, 2014, 08:40:09 PM
Do you like this special setting on my washing machine?

Haha that is excellent. I wonder what it defines as special.

"The new buzz about Buzz. The Bum Buzzard. Did he fly in a rocket, or fly up a socket?" *Cheesy grin*

Hangthebuggers

Just remembered how much I like the delivery of 'pissed up on booze' in Brass Eye. That's got to be up there with 'they muck about', but its been a while since I heard it.

Thomas

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on March 12, 2014, 04:55:14 PM
'Oh bloody book!'

I dropped a book yesterday and found myself saying that, in the same voice.

thraxx

We contacted a huge bank of psychologists in the states.  They told us "The guy's a homo". *tinny voice on phone* "Definitely a homosexual"

Tiny Poster

Quote from: clingfilm portent on March 12, 2014, 08:19:38 PM
Just remembered how much I like the delivery of 'pissed up on booze' in Brass Eye. That's got to be up there with 'they muck about', but its been a while since I heard it.

TDT yo

Spiteface

Harpo Speaks

'FAT USE'

'What are whales for if not for eatin'? It's good to kill 'em, they're not exactly...pretty'

'And rotate them 180 degrees in my favour'

Panbaams

"Sir Arthur – sorry, I have to draw attention to something which people won't be able to see. You have, during the past 15 minutes, been agitating so firmly at the sleeve of your jacket that it's now come off, now ... you're good at disguising it with the tone of your voice, but I read your body language as something akin to 'I'm telling lies'."

SteveDave

"This is the one thing we didn't want to happen" But I think it's more to do with the way the words come up on the screen.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: SteveDave on March 13, 2014, 11:27:49 AM
"This is the one thing we didn't want to happen" But I think it's more to do with the way the words come up on the screen.

I also like the implication that absolutely any other turn of events would have been acceptable.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

'I've just been reading this!!- drivel you've been phoning in...'

Thomas

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: paolozzi on March 07, 2014, 08:40:09 PMDo you like this special setting on my washing machine?

I do too, that's wonderful. :-)

Obel

Please... do make use of our phones

Solid Jim

"I suppose either that or if he'd been born inside a car with no doors."

checkoutgirl

"...where bad is free and society foots the bill"

"...depravativity..."

checkoutgirl

"Dickens and Prince Albert both boasted of their experience."

checkoutgirl

""Last one on drugs is a queer," shouts Portillo"

Spiral King

"I mean, basically, I'm just joking around. I'm just trying to make up for the fact that, earlier on today, Peter stole a child from a pram."
"... sorry?"
"Bye then!"

"And eventually, all of them compromising on beating me up with drugs."

Edit: Oh, and the way Morris says "fiddling with things" in a failed feedback report.