Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:39:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"...accept it - you're just a torso"

Started by swinny, August 17, 2004, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinny

This is the craziest thing I've heard in ages...a british woman was prevented from boarding a plane in Manchester by a French airline employer who told her  "Thalidomiders are banned, accept it - you're just a torso". She was also apparently told "one head, one bottom and a torso cannot possibly fly on its own".

More here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/3572082.stm

Quote from: "swinny""one head, one bottom and a torso cannot possibly fly on its own".

If you put it in a suitcase it could.

Sorry. My bad.

JJJJH

QuoteIn a statement Air France said: "Ms Price was not sufficiently physically independent to comply with the basic safety regulations on board the aircraft, such as fastening and unfastening her seatbelt and pulling on and adjusting the oxygen mask without assistance, and therefore could not be accepted on board to travel alone.
Why the suffering fuck couldn't the staff on the plane give her a hand?

EDIT: Whoops, I'm a bad man.

Bilko

Quoteone head, one bottom and a torso cannot possibly fly on its own
There were few torsos, heads, and bottoms flying all over the place on their own on September 11th 2001

I beat you all for badness.

sky news

Quote from: "Peter Hammill"
Quoteone head, one bottom and a torso cannot possibly fly on its own
There were few torsos, heads, and bottoms flying all over the place on their own on September 11th 2001

I beat you all for badness.

I'd beat you all off for even greater badness.

Pinball

Maybe she's a deep undercover terrorist. No-one would suspect her, but in fact she's a living b0mb :-o

terminallyrelaxed

SetToStun

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"I don't blame them. Everyone knows legless people are prone to air rage.

Thank you. Thanks to that remark I have now started my long-delayed experiment to see how long a 17" monitor will continue to function having been sprayed with a mouthful of Diet Coke.

Vermschneid Mehearties

This topic is lacking any moral fibre whatsoever.

I'm off for some Mini Cheddars.

Duffy

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Everyone knows legless people are prone to air rage.

On the plus side, at least they're less susceptible to DVT.

hands cold, liver warm

apparently the airport staff didn't bother to examine her for dangerous weapons

they could guess that she didn't carry any arms

Smackhead Kangaroo

In the film I'm hoping she's played by Steven Segal

Pinball

Suitable repost to the Frenchie in question:
"I'd rather be a torso than a dick"

sproggy

The last thing you need on a long haul flight are passengers arsing about.

The poor woman, she deserves better.  What has happend to our rights?

Darrell

Shatnersbassoon
Peter Hammill
terminallyrelaxed
SetToStun
untitled_london
Duffy
hands cold, liver warm
sproglette

LET'S FUCKING LAUGH AT THEM.

terminallyrelaxed

Schlippy

T'would appear he has sand in his vagina.

Quote from: "Pinball"Maybe she's a deep undercover terrorist. No-one would suspect her, but in fact she's a living b0mb :-o
Missed one...

Synchronised Cocks

Quote from: "Darrell"Shatnersbassoon
Peter Hammill
terminallyrelaxed
SetToStun
untitled_london
Duffy
hands cold, liver warm
sproglette

Agreed.  This thread is sick now. How can so many make fun of people that have no way to be any different physically. I've made some sick pokes at people on CaB but none as bad as some of those posts. It's just so horrid.

Neville Chamberlain

Cripes. Never access an internet while out of your tree.

thomasina

Quote from: "Synchronised Cocks"
Peter Hammill
terminallyrelaxed
SetToStun
untitled_london
Duffy
hands cold, liver warm
sproglette

Agreed.  This thread is sick now. How can so many make fun of people that have no way to be any different physically. I've made some sick pokes at people on CaB but none as bad as some of those posts. It's just so horrid.
i'm with you.  And it seems VM is too.  i'd be interested to know what the originator of the thread thinks, because it didn't seem like he was saying 'let's laugh at the person chucked off the flight' so much as being astonished at the fact that that kind of fucking attitude is still taken by people in public service jobs.

i must learn to quote the post I'm responding to.

Neil

Quote from: "Jim"I thingk izt's fair enough shre xcant't fly- I always knew disabled were a fiere hazard. I mean she can't even take her shoes off to go doen the inflreatatble shutete.

At least this guy can excuse being a cunt by saying he was drunk/high on glue.  Horrible fucking thread.

terminallyrelaxed

Oh alright. I've edited mine now not that it makes any difference, I've been quoted now. I don't mormally edit things out anyway as whats done is done, but if its close to the bone for anyone then I apologise. Even if its not, actually.
I don't normally do humour of that kind so can't tell whats un-PC and whats offensive sometimes.
Anyway its done now.

Almost Yearly

< Opens the Book of Humour at chapter one: "The Function of Humour." Takes a deep breath >

< Thinks better of it, closes the book and goes back to work >

I don't think I (or anyone else for that matter) would be on here if the response from everyone on this thread was:

"..oh wow, that's so terrible, I mean poor her, dispicable, you couldn't make it up..."

We'd all be reading the daily mail.

I don't think anyone's actual reaction was to laugh - we all know that the story is absolutely awful - we just don't need to say it. What kind of reaction do you expect to a story like that on a forum on a site that's dedicated to comedy? Computers are not an interface into someone's mind, so stop taking it so seriously. When you go onto forums you have to expect these kind of reactions because of the anonymity that the internet affords.

Can you honestly say that you've never laughed at the expense of someone less fortunate than you?

SetToStun

Peter Hammill
terminallyrelaxed
SetToStun
untitled_london
Duffy
hands cold, liver warm
sproglette

Laugh all you like son, I can take it. I mean, perhaps the joke I laughed at was off-colour but I found it funny. So sue me. Christ, next thing you know I'll be laughing at people who can't help being stupid enough to state, on TV, that genetically paedophiles have more in common with crabs than with other humans...

Ferchrissakes this is supposed to be a humour site, isn't it?

notnotnatnats

The tone of the humour was childish and mocking, rather than satirical or witty. Perhaps if you think of something funny to say, rather than stupid puns then people might find you amusing.

sky news

Quote from: "notnotnatnats"The tone of the humour was childish and mocking, rather than satirical or witty

How pompous you sound.

notnotnatnats

Yeah? Well you smell of wee.

Score one for me!