Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"...accept it - you're just a torso"

Started by swinny, August 17, 2004, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sky news

Quote from: "notnotnatnats"Perhaps if you think of something funny to say, rather than stupid puns then people might find you amusing.

sky news

Quote from: "notnotnatnats"How is 'you smell of wee' a pun?

It isn't, and therein lay your flawed and hypocritical notions of taste and decency, what is indecent and profane, etc. A subjectivism which I find more offensive than your jumping on a predictable band wagon.

Vermschneid Mehearties

This thread is shite.

Shatners bassoon makes a good point, though it's impossible to judge how you're comments will go down on a topic like this.

Act with disgust and you're some kind of pompous moral guardian.
Take the piss and you're some sort of tasteless cretin.

Neither are particularly true for anyone on here, so let's just shut up and move on. (I suppose I'm being patronising and controlling).

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"This thread is shite.

Shatners bassoon makes a good point, though it's impossible to judge how you're comments will go down on a topic like this.

Act with disgust and you're some kind of pompous moral guardian.
Take the piss and you're some sort of tasteless cretin.

Neither are particularly true for anyone on here, so let's just shut up and move on. (I suppose I'm being patronising and controlling).

No, you're right VM. The puritans are as bad as the pottymouths.

LOCK IT.

sproggy

Bah humbug!

I agree with Air France in not letting her fly, they were justified in banning her on health and safety grounds.

The fact that the airline staff were so rude to her is another matter entirely and was the reason for the childish and mocking puns I suspect.

notnotnatnats

Purtian? Moi?

Fine, go on get on with it then. While you're at it lets start a thread about how amusing cancer is. Maybe i'll google for some images of a dying patient and we can go 'cor, what a dog!!!! LOL!!!!' and 'i'd fuck her if she didn't have all those tubes in'.

You so zany.

skibz

No need, we have Nighty Night for when we want to laugh at cancer.

king mob

This really is just a fucking vile thread but i suppose it's ok, it's only a Moris site isn't it?

skibz

In the 'Sex' episode of Brass Eye, Chris Morris does a couple of routines about the 'problems' with gay people; e.g. they can't swim, attract enemy radar, have 'bad' AIDS, etc.

Did you find yourself repulsed and turn off the TV, never to watch another Morris prog again? Nope, because you realised it was a caricature of existing homophobic opinions that had no factual basis whatsoever.

I'd interpret this thread in a similar way. I find it extremely unlikely that VerbWhores is made up of bigots who like laughing at disabled people on the street, and more likely that it's full of people who have a slightly twisted sense of humour. It's obvious who is in the wrong in the news article, and I'd say most of the 'jokes' in this thread are aimed more at showing up how petty and ridiculous the jibes made at the poor woman were.

notnotnatnats

Well, it could have been an interesting thread about the rights of disabled people and a lively debate on wether the check in staff were justified in not allowing her on the plane.

It's just sad that it degenrated to this load of crap.

I'm bored.

king mob

We stand in the company of comic genius, after all poking fun at disabled people is satirical , not nasty and vicious at all.

sky news

Quote from: "notnotnatnats"Well, it could have been an interesting thread about the rights of disabled people and a lively debate on wether the check in staff were justified in not allowing her on the plane.

It's just sad that it degenrated to this load of crap.

I'm bored.

Stop going on about it then you bore.

Bilko

If this is vile, do you all remember the defunct 'Right you outside now'Forum, not a thread a whole forum.  This thread is polite compare to some of the topics that appeared on there, there was a four page thread on there about people laughing at disabled people.

skibz

Quote from: "king mob"We stand in the company of comic genius, after all poking fun at disabled people is satirical , not nasty and vicious at all.

Quote from: "Henry David Thoreau"All generalizations are false, including this one.

king mob

The kids go back to school soon don't they?

terminallyrelaxed

Whats that got to do with anything? anywa, I think VM's right (!), this one's only going to get worse, let it sink....

king mob

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Whats that got to do with anything? anywa, I think VM's right (!), this one's only going to get worse, let it sink....

VM was spot on, you're right as well, let this die after this.