Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:05:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Suddenly, Everywhere, All At Once" Velimirovic, Yugoslavia 1974

Started by Talulah, really!, March 08, 2014, 10:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talulah, really!

Imaginary films are great aren't they? Fictitious masterpieces that haunt your thoughts, the perfect distillation of tantalising possibility, like those reviews that conjure up a film in your head before you ever see the actual artefact which never lives up to the initial promise of what your imagination created without that danger of reality ever intruding.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the topic. No, instead it is the much more mundane phenomenon of, when due to arbitrary nature of film distribution, the same face/s turn up at the big screen in different films in rapid succession, the thought occurring that it might be possible to see the delightful Mr. Ralph Fiennes in not only The Grand Budapest Hotel but also his own The Invisible Woman[nb]Disappointing, spends too long on the origin story and not enough screentime devoted to showing her using her superpowers and frankly Wilkie Collins doesn't cut it as the villain, it was difficult to even follow what his scheme was.[/nb].

Again, do Aaron Paul and Imogen Poots come as a two for one deal[nb]Or share the same agent[/nb] as in the next couple of weeks they share screentime in not only Need for Speed, a harrowing tale of  addiction,[nb]...of film companies to come up with viable replacement franchises to The Fast and the Furious[nb]See also Christopher Nolan's forthcoming The Cast and the Curious[/nb][/nb], but also, A Long Way Down, the adaptation of the Nick Hornby bestselling book which even now a film poster is declaring "the feelgood film of the year" and "The best British film since the last Working Title film that was the best one since Four Weddings and a Full Monty in Space!"[nb]©Baz Bambigoye[/nb]

To be serious for a moment, a long time ago saw on the same day both Shakespeare in Love and Les Miserables, the non-singing Liam Neeson, Uma Thurman version which had the wonderful Geoffrey Rush as the iron faced implacable Inspector Javert, it was only later on the bus home, reading the free film magazine was struck by the realisation that this bloke had also played the shady showbiz wheeler dealer in Shakespeare in Love. It remains stuck in my mind as one of the great examples of how a really good actor can totally transform themselves so completely.

Do any instances of the "Ruddy hell is Bendydick Cabbagepatch in everything these days" phenomena come to mind or have there been examples of totally chalk and cheese examples of an actor's work that have you amazed?[nb]...couldn't believe when the camera pulled back from the greyhound and there he was with a big silly grin in August, Osage County[nb]May not have been an actual Greyhound but another kind of all American Bus but it made the sentence more amusingly ambiguous.[/nb][/nb]

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Talulah, really! on March 08, 2014, 10:07:11 AM
Imogen Poots
Sounds like a Garbage Pail Kid with a predilection for farting.

But she is beautiful and I liked her in that thing with Fassbender. Also, her middle name is "Gay", which sadly still makes me laugh.