Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What gigs are you looking forward to?

Started by bill hicks, February 12, 2004, 03:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill hicks

Thought I'd ask because I'm a typical spaz who doesn't check the gig listings and misses great shows because of it (Explosions In The Sky sold out just before I found out about it....).

I am currently willing the calander to roll on to March the 19th when I shall be seeing the mighty Isis play the ULU. A shit venue that I despise (it brings back memories of a Stereophonics gig and all that could have been) but the best band in the world today will make up for that I'm sure.

If you aren't aware of the magnificence of Isis then go here and listen to the track Constructing Towers. A mammoth work of unparalleled genius (or a metal Mogwai if you will).

http://www.epitonic.com/artists/isis.html

Also made even more pant wetting by the knowledge that the wonderful Aereogramme have been added as support along with DJ Speedranch. I might break down and cry in the queue to this one people.

Sadly it's sold out now (I don't know about the non-London dates), but they are playing the first weekend of ATP (the Mogwai day I believe) so check them out and thank me later.

I've also got a ticket secured for the Chili's gig this summer, but that's more on the hope a decent support gets added since I think they're a bunch of dude-speak Gang of Four plagirists and the only band to sound as dull on smack as off. Cunts.

Anything else on the radar that looks good?

easytarget

I'm looking forward to British Sea Power who are in town in a couple of weeks.

They're back in the UK in April : clicky this will be ace.

My upcoming gig schedule:

Sunday February 29th
BILL FRISELL
Barbican

Friday March 5th
GARY HUSBAND (with Jerry Goodman & Randy Brecker)
Queen Elizabeth Hall

Thursday April 8th
DAVID BYRNE
Royal Festival Hall

Tuesday June 8th
PETER GABRIEL
Wembley Arena

Thursday June 24th
JEFF BECK
Royal Albert Hall

Monday October 4th
MOODY BLUES
Royal Albert Hall

Neville Chamberlain

No, that's not Harold Bishop...it's Rob Wright from the world's greatest Vancouver-based jazzcore punk trio NoMeansNo. They're coming to town next month!

Cannot wait!!!

Spiteface

I've just found out that Graham Coxon is touing in may/June, so I might go and see him in cardiff.

TraceyQ

The Rocks - 22nd feb
The Libertines - 29th Feb
Stellastarr* - 3rd Feb
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 12 April
Some festival or other - August.

blue jammer

Pixies 4th June

Big Chill Festival 30/31st July - 1st August

I'd like to see, if they play this year:

Nada Surf
DJ Shadow
Postal Service

sore bottom mum

SnapperOrgans

wow nomeansno are playing!? No way man amazing...

I too am looking foward to seeing the rocks, and up here theyre playing with Evil Rocks who are a kind of magazine/adverts sleazy post punk glam kinda deal and they rule.

also

Stereolab on the first

Soledad Brothers  Fri 12th

D.R.I  Mon 29th

TraceyQ

Quote from: "SnapperOrgans"Soledad Brothers  Fri 12th

Good God, man, where?

Oh, and Evil Rocks is the tour, innit? It's alternating headlines or summat.  The Barbs, The Rocks and special needs.

I love those words... say them... "guest list".

Frinky

Ash, Graham.... yeah, that'd be it. I suck.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "SnapperOrgans"wow nomeansno are playing!? No way man amazing...

Well I'm currently in Germany and they're coming to my home town in March (and I'm going to see them in April too)...but I believe they're playing throughout Europe this year, so look out for them in the UK (if that's where you are) sometime soon...

NattyDread

21st Feb - The Fiery Furnaces
1st March - Stereolab
31st March - All Tomorrow's Parties

mr rou-rou

Nomeansno?!! where, do you have a tour list or are they only doing London?

mrpants

I'm really looking forward to Buck 65 on March 15th.  He's playing the Borderline in London which only has a capacity of 270, so that should be good.

Also The Wildhearts should also be cool, I'm seeing the in April some time.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"Nomeansno?!! where, do you have a tour list or are they only doing London?

Here you go...

http://www.southern.net/southern/tour/NOMEA

bill hicks

If you're a fan of Buck65 then check out the BBC broadband site (www.bbc.co.uk/broadband I think) and click on the Collective section. It has a great full length Buck show on there which is mighty fine indeed.

king mob

Graham Coxon at the Fleece in March, Scissor Sisters & Yeah Yeah Yeahs in London in April & Glasto in June.

morgs

Peter Gabriel at Wembley... not sure when Mon 7th June??

Chili Peppers in London June 19th...

And that's all.  Don't think I can be arsed to see The Offspring on March 11th at Wembley.

Oh god, and Westlife are 'playing' a mile from me on the last day of term for some reason.  I am looking for a large rifle.

Rats

The Fall - 26 Feb
Shane Macgowan and The Popes - 22 March

I've absolutely no interest where all you plebs are going but surely everyone wants to know what I'm up to. It saves you buying Hello! doesn't it?

Kawaii Five-O

I'm going to see Winnebago Deal tomorrow, off to Nottingham for the weekend next Saturday to see Monster Magnet, then it's home again for the Dukes of Nothing on the 27th. Boredoms at the Scala on the 30th of March, Orange Goblin in Swansea on April 23rd, and the bloke heard word of the Magnetic Fields playing over here sometime soon so that's another one to keep a ear to the ground for.

Gazeuse

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Gazeuse"I'm off to see the Ozrics in June!!!

How about Gong? I see they're touring too.

Ozrics? Chuh. Bladdy Hippie.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
Quote from: "Gazeuse"I'm off to see the Ozrics in June!!!

How about Gong? I see they're touring too.

Ozrics? Chuh. Bladdy Hippie.

Cool it, man...Don't be such a drag!!!

I was hoping to see Gong soon but the European bit of the tour has been postponed to between Sept 8th - Oct 16th.

Will you be filling up your teapot and glidding down the oily way to see them??? Let me know by Radio Gnome (The way in which the Pothead Pixies communicate, brain to brain) etc...

My mates missus is a real rock/indie type freak and she thouroughly enjoyed Gong.

european son

Quote from: "Uncle_Z"Jonathan Richman

yep.. i remember pimping this gig on the old board, and having a big up for Johnny on the old "Pop Star Appreciation Thread".

anyone else here gonna go to the Night and Day gig?

DrJ

Randy Newman and Fountains of Wayne.  Two separate gigs, by the way.

Fountains of Wayne on the 3rd March...

simply......cannot.......wait......

Lambchop mid Feb, but Im not sure anymore...

Cinerama - April 17

and instead of Glastobury this year Im gonna go to some festival in Europe, but Ive not decided which one yet....  

ok. I'll probably end up at Glastonbury again.

splattermac

Quote from: "NattyDread"21st Feb - The Fiery Furnaces
1st March - Stereolab
31st March - All Tomorrow's Parties

natty, what did you make of the Fiery furnaces?

me and blue jammer have just seen them tonight and they are insane, we are still giggling from the experience, so fucking intense, after two minutes she turned to the keyboard player and said 'why don't you shut the fuck up', and from that point on it was like they were winding tight a wire that was going to go ping at any moment.

I should point out this was at the roadhouse which is very small and intimate so me and jammer were spitting distance from them.

I said at the start she wasn't very fit (attractive to southern whores) but by the end she was my new crush. Absolutely nothing like the album, the album is feeble, live its visceral and pulsating, I can't think of anything I've ever seen with similar intensity short of Fugazi in a small venue circa 1994.

Her (Patti Smith) and the drummer are gods, he was a machine, so furious and varied, he beat the fuck out of the drums, and she just had this fixed gaze staring you out like some crazed beatnik. Combined with the odd circus organ noises it was just mad.

They play Sheffield Uni tomorrow (26th) and then it's Europe, I was hoping to maybe catch them in Liverpool as they are definitely worth a second viewing.

Jammer didn't rate the blueskins (support) but I thought they were rocking, sort of cramps, punked up Mersey beat black crowes thing going on, loads of energy.

Anyhoo, just wanted to know what you thought.