Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I've just bought the Brasseye DVD...

Started by circa1762, August 18, 2004, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

circa1762

...from Amazon just this second.  The first time i watched it was actually the Peado-geddon episode and heard all of the media hullabaloo afterwards.  It was absolutely hilarious and I've never watched anything like it since. Unfortuantley I didn't see any repeats of the program, I was checing TV guides for weeks on end to see if it was going to be repeated.  Just last night i saw Chris Morris on the Alan Partridge and it reminded me about Brasseye.  Is was an impulse buy but I'm sure I've made the right decision.  I don't really know much about the other episodes but I'm sure they will be great.

Bilko

Well done, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Welcome to the site!

A Passing Turk Slipper

The other episodes are so much better than the special. The DVD is pretty crap but it's obviously worth buying for the episodes. Don't bother listening to the commentary.

Utter Shit

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"The other episodes are so much better than the special. The DVD is pretty crap but it's obviously worth buying for the episodes. Don't bother listening to the commentary.
Therein lies the difference between the average consumer and the hardcore fan...this guy hasn't seen much Brass Eye and has bought the DVD to see the show...I bet he thinks the DVD is bloody fantastic, and doesn't give a bat's shit that it doesn't have Czech subtitles or whatever =D

Purple Tentacle

A general question.... is the annoying "Brasseye" one-word contraction just a Special thing?

DuncanC

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"A general question.... is the annoying "Brasseye" one-word contraction just a Special thing?
I've seen it a few places, even before the Special. It's just one of those weird things people do, like calling Family Guy "The Family Guy".

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: "Utter Shit"
Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"The other episodes are so much better than the special. The DVD is pretty crap but it's obviously worth buying for the episodes. Don't bother listening to the commentary.
Therein lies the difference between the average consumer and the hardcore fan...this guy hasn't seen much Brass Eye and has bought the DVD to see the show...I bet he thinks the DVD is bloody fantastic, and doesn't give a bat's shit that it doesn't have Czech subtitles or whatever =D

Of course, if the show didn't have fans in the first place, it wouldn't have been released.

Rats

Yeah, I don't mind everything that was scrapped not being on there but there's one episode you press to watch and it goes to a different one doesn't it? That's just shoddy, people are supposed to check these things.

terminallyrelaxed

Oddly enough I was thinking of buying this purely for the episodes, as for the special, the bits with CM talking directly to camera as anchorman are the only ones I can remember making me laugh...

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Rats"Yeah, I don't mind everything that was scrapped not being on there but there's one episode you press to watch and it goes to a different one doesn't it? That's just shoddy, people are supposed to check these things.

I noticed that, I think it goes to the paedophile episode. Are all of them like that or is it just the ones shipped to the north-east? (assuming you bought it locally. Got mine at Virgin in Newcastle)

A Passing Turk Slipper

It was the first load of them, they redid it with subtitles and a lack of that glitch I think. Someone explained it in a recent thread.

Darrell

Even the repressing has the glitch.

It only happens on one of my players, but it's annoying.

Paaaaul

Quote from: "The Unicorn"
I noticed that, I think it goes to the paedophile episode. Are all of them like that or is it just the ones shipped to the north-east? (assuming you bought it locally. Got mine at Virgin in Newcastle)

I got mine in that Virgin on Northumberland Street and it's glitchy.
Lets all boycott the bastards.

Lumiere

Evilrobotbill

I've never quite got what some people have against the BE special.  It's not quite as good as the rest of the series, but it's still damn funny to my mind.  Is it because of the subject matter?

TJ

Have a look back through the other pages for the various threads that touch on BES (they're always called things like 'The Worst Thing Morris Has Done' and so on) - it's put quite succinctly in most of those. Basically, for various reasons, a lot of people felt that it fell way short of the mark.