Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:55:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My Bloody Valentine newsfelch!

Started by Spiteface, February 12, 2004, 07:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

Clicky for details of what could be on the new boxsets.

Yup, sets. Gonna be good stuff, and in this website, I've found a replacement for Expectdelay!

plus, I've found a site with their vids!!!!

http://www.irishmusiccentral.com/mbv/videos.html

fanny splendid

Nice link, cheers. Can you get the 'City Girl' video to work?

Here's another one for Bit Torrent Users

This is what's hidden in there

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Spiteface"plus, I've found a site with their vids!!!!
http://www.irishmusiccentral.com/mbv/videos.html

Did you know there is also a video for the song, 'To Here Knows When'?

Spiteface

Yeah, saw it on MTV 2 in the early hours once.

kidsick5000

Quote from: "Spiteface"plus, I've found a site with their vids!!!!

Yay! SNUB TV

Peking O

Quoterelease date....possibly late 05 or early 06

It's going to be quite a wait then.

To be honest this seems like fansite speculation to me. No source is quoted, and anyone could make a guess as to what might be on an MBV boxset. I find it highly unlikely that live material will be released, Shields is a perfectionist and was always dissatisfied with their live shows. It seems improbable to me that he'd release all these live recordings that the site is claiming.

Rats

Just watched "only shallow". They've just totally ripped off "walking after you" by the foo fighters ;)

pretty dead boy

QuoteShields is a perfectionist and was always dissatisfied with their live shows.

nah, that isn't true ...

i can think of that one interview that's on a creation site somewhere, where kevin says the gig the night before was disasterous, but other than that he spoke pretty highly of them i think ...

european son

oooh! thankyou for the details

*thumbs up*

EDIT:

QuoteAs hoped by many fans & critics,the94/95post-Loveless sessions will never be released!.......... not while Kev is alive anyway. He never was happy with the out-come!

I'd also like to add that MBV are not back together working in the studio! Yes Kev has been in Berlin, Yes he's been tweaking the Glider E.P out-takes for this anthology release.

My Bloody Valentine belong in the late 80's/ early 90's,Kev knows that.....and he wants them to stay there

bollocks. the minute Primal Scream break up and Sofia wrangles all the new music left in him, i'll kill Kevin myself so i can hear the post-loveless stuff.

pretty dead boy

i think, considering the amount we've heard from him in the last ten years, this may actually qualify as news.  i went to a couple of the dates on the scream tour and was walking to the loo when a door opened, held open by kevin shields.  i was mid stride, and he was closing the door again, obviously only having peeked out, but managed to smile and see him smile back.

therefore, me and kevin shields are lovers.

poison popcorn

ooh, cheers muchly for those links, i've got someone with broadband getting busy with those.
were the rumours ever resolved about the post loveless sessions, i've heard various explainations, shields not happy with it, new digital mixing desk fried, record label switchover, too much drugs... anyone any wiser?

i do hope they get released even though i doubt they could touch loveless, specially now... maybe 10 years ago if he got the finger out... nah, probably not.

pretty dead boy

oops, i'm a bit late here, but i had another look at the thread searching to see if there were any valentines dedicated verbwhores ...
about the post loveless sessions, kev's spoken about them quite a bit lately in interviews, basically that they made the lp and then decided it wasn't good enough; he'd decided he didn't ever want to release anything that wasn't as good as loveless, in the same way he hadn't wanted to release anything not as good as isn't anything before that.

things around those sessions were complicated though; apparently they built a studio and it sunk, and the mixing desk wouldn't fit in properly.  kev's got a new one, now, built by the beatings who he helped produce.  drugs weren't stupidly involved, in interviews they spoke of not wanting to be conned.  i was reading through the old interviews on the new site the other day and found this, a translated french interview from ninety eight which is really touching, both in endearing us to kevin and to seeing how difficult it was for them.  there's another interview on the site where they talk about slow progress in the studio - he dissects when you sleep and says that the drums were recorded in october 90, the vocals in march 91, the guitars in june ... etc.

there's a lot of unreleased, complete things lost to time: two more eps made before loveless, like tremolo and glider, and obviously the last album.  there was an interview around the time of the lost in translation soundtrack where he said that city girl was 'average' and 'vulnerable' but that he'd put it out purely as motivation to do something better.  lots of other nice things about it too, like that the clunky, basic guitar sound was recorded from kev teaching brian retzell the song, and then deciding that he liked it being over-exaggerated.

pretty dead boy

some details on the forthcoming two cd compo of eps and rarities, here

i'd believe this over the box set news - that did sound like a list of everything someone could want, and a triple live cd sounds a bit over the top.