Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,470
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The shittest/most hideous moments in modern cinema

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 29, 2014, 02:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSNU6t0pmkw
First contribution to this thread, Idris Elba's dismal 'epic' speech in the film Pacific Rim.

WE'RE GONNA STUFF VER MONSTAAAHHS
WE'RE GONNA PILE HOME FER PIE N PEAS
AND HAVE A GOOD OLD KNEES UP WIV VER FELLAS

Phil_A

I don't think anything will ever top that deleted scene from The Sweetest Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7RDipF1ObI

It starts off excruciating and just goes downhill from here.

Van Dammage

The August Underground movies. If you don't know what they are, do yourself a favour and ignore this post.

Sam

The film career of Richard Curtis.

In particular Love Actually, and in particular all the scenes with Hugh Grant and Liam Neeson. A rancid shit-fest of mythic proportions. I was paid to watch it, luckily, but even then I chewed my knuckles off in horror.

Johnny Textface

There's a bit of acting that Ryan Gosling does in Only God Forgives that is among the worst things I've ever seen.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

All of Guy Ritchie's Revolver. However, it only seems to be me who mentions this film nowadays, which suggests either (1) everyone else blanked their memories, or (2) I hallucinated it.

Van Dammage

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on March 29, 2014, 05:56:12 PM
All of Guy Ritchie's Revolver. However, it only seems to be me who mentions this film nowadays, which suggests either (1) everyone else blanked their memories, or (2) I hallucinated it.

I thought revolver was pretty entertaining, liked the animated segment. Definitely a departure from his usual quality though.

El Unicornio, mang

Nick Love's films are filled with awful bits, but Outlaw really has some terrible quotes, such as:

QuoteGet Aids or jump on a bus with a rucksack full of explosives, the government will dish you out a free car these days.

HappyTree

Anakin Skywalker's "he's holding me back" speech where he moans like a baby to the woman he's trying to impress. I generally like the Star Wars films and can forgive them much of the shitty moments (and one has to), but that is the crowning turd in the water pipe.

Melth

All the moments when the busker bursts into song in Once.

The moments where Owen Wilson meets famous authors and artists in Midnight in Paris

The commercial success of The Hangover was an eye-opener. Comedy for people that will laugh at absolutely anything.

Retinend

The whole of "The Intern"

Pacific Rim was good. Any big, hollow, overcooked special effects scene from the Transformers franchise can take it's place. And in the same vein, the lightsabre battles from the second two Star Wars prequels. And the big stupid platforming-game action scenes in Spiderman 3.

Johnny Townmouse

The response to Pacific Rim was like living inside the projected future of Idiocracy.

Big Jack McBastard

Epic Movie and it's ilk.

Actually anything where a 'lookalike' bursts into a routine with backup dancers. Kill fucking everyone involved, right down to the projectionist for perpetuating those god-awful, smugshit, 5-minutes-we-need-to-fill segments, the shit raps and mugging to camera, spontaneous doddery old gents and grannies doing the robot while some 20 year old shill of a 'musician' soulessly mouths some drivel in the background so they can collect a cheque.

If they're CGI then that's a great deal worse because it shatters what minuscule shards of suspension of disbelief left dangling from the frame if it's not absolutely top of the pile and even then it feels... weightless. A legion of CGI orcs still looks like it weighs about as much as a papier-mâché volcano.

Retinend

Quote from: Retinend on March 29, 2014, 09:34:32 PM
The whole of "The Intern"

er, I meant "The Internship." With Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm talking about individual moments, not entire films you bunch of fannies!

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 30, 2014, 10:52:32 AM
I'm talking about individual moments, not entire films you bunch of fannies!

What is a film if not a collection of individual moments?

biggytitbo

Liam Neesons 'emotional' speech at the end of Schindler's List. Spielberg just couldn't help himself.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bored of Canada on March 30, 2014, 11:01:34 AM
What is a film if not a collection of individual moments?

I'm not talking about a collection you bunch of fanny!

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 30, 2014, 11:02:36 AM
Liam Neesons 'emotional' speech at the end of Schindler's List. Spielberg just couldn't help himself.

BRING ME BACK MY SON.

madhair60

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on March 30, 2014, 02:19:50 AM
The response to Pacific Rim was like living inside the projected future of Idiocracy.

Oh god, brilliant. Yes. I'm nicking this.

Tiny Poster

Quote from: Phil_A on March 29, 2014, 03:16:53 PM
I don't think anything will ever top that deleted scene from The Sweetest Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7RDipF1ObI

It starts off excruciating and just goes downhill from here.

Only deleted from the US version. It's in the European version, which I've been subjected to at a party.

batwings

Xindioka

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on March 29, 2014, 08:22:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WiiXUR3xM

The fuck did I just watch?

I was quite interested in that movie too as I find the real-life story behind it fascinating, but every clip I've seen of it really puts me off.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Xindioka on March 30, 2014, 02:32:34 PM
The fuck did I just watch?

I was quite interested in that movie too as I find the real-life story behind it fascinating, but every clip I've seen of it really puts me off.

It blows the fuses in the brain that try to understand the world.

I also nominate that bit in Paul Haggis' Crash. You know that bit I mean.

Thursday

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on March 29, 2014, 08:22:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WiiXUR3xM

Every time I see this my brain refuses to accept what I'm seeing and for the sake of my sanity, files it away deep in the subconscious along with all my strangest dreams.