Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

3 More Harry Potter Films

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 31, 2014, 01:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Well, sort of:

QuoteJK Rowling's Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is to be made into a film trilogy.

The book, published in 2001, was originally billed as one of Harry Potter's Hogwarts textbooks.

Warner Bros chief Kevin Tsujihara persuaded author Rowling to adapt the book for the big screen.

Last week, he told the New York Times there would be a trilogy of films based on the book, which follows a "magizoologist" named Newt Scamander.

Scamander is the author of a guide to magical creatures. Set in New York, the book is neither a sequel nor a prequel, but an "extension" of Harry Potter's "wizarding world", Rowling said.

Last month, Rowling told actress Emma Watson, who played Hermione Grainger in the Harry Potter films, that she completed the draft script in 12 days.

Rowling herself told the newspaper that it was Tsujihara - who took over the role of CEO at Warner Bros last year - who persuaded her to adapt the book.

So: "Jesus christ, another fackin' trilogy, just a big cash cow blah blah blah" or "Well you never know, maybe this will be, um, interesting, ish?" or "Actually you tiresome snob it might actually be a lot of fun so why not hold off from judging it until they're released?" or "Something else that I haven't thought of?"

The third one, probably. Although I'd not go as far as calling you a tiresome snob. Also, I'm sure the target demographic will be absolutely chuffed about it, younger people and some older who are unbelievably excited about this. Who are we to spoil their fun? It's not for us. It's a bit like people attacking the new Cars film coming out, when clearly there's a shitload of younger ones who have so much love for the series. It's not for us. Are we that self-centered that we can't allow things that aren't for us? Sure, we can criticise it, but if we see it, right? You can definitely criticise it for the greed based nature of it, but then again, pretty much all films we see in cinemas are driven by that, so it's hypocritical.

To sum up, sure. Whatever! Also, you're not a tiresome snob, SMBH. Just a bit of A FUCKING NERD WHO COULD PROBABLY DO LESS PUSH-UPS THAN ME, but that's a different story, pencil-neck.

Urinal Cake

Meh. Let the JK fans have there #MagicisLove world.

Thomas

Santa's Boyfriend

I'm glad it's not a sequel or a prequel anyway.  If they really want to do more films in the Potter universe, this is the way to do it.

vrailaine

Got significantly more annoyed hearing that there's gonna be a Cars 3 by Pixar in this thread...

madhair60

Quote from: vrailaine on March 31, 2014, 10:17:11 AM
Got significantly more annoyed hearing that there's gonna be a Cars 3 by Pixar in this thread...

Franchise makes them a cuntbundle of money.  Plus, honestly, I thought the Cars films were pretty good...