Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,470
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chef's Love Soup

Started by touchingcloth, March 31, 2014, 10:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

This has appeared on my work canteen's weekly menu. Lest you think this is some kind of lame,  quasi-racist dig at a poorly executed translation by an illiterate minimum wage serf in foreign, you should know that I work in Engerland, England, Britain, and that the person who writes the menu is an English British man from Engerland, England, Britain. To the best of my knowledge, he has neither the kind of sense of humour which would see him sneak such an item onto the menu purely for lulz, nor the desire to liven up an otherwise bland menu through the use of adjective and the misleading impression that the chef pours a single iota of passion into his meals.

What can it possibly be? Feel free to speculate, and I'll report back post prandially. I fucking love me a good bit of prand. Remember when northerners and southerners used to come to blows over whether their meals should be called "lunch", "dinner", "supper" or "tea"? So much more peaceful now that we all go round calling anything hot that goes in your mouth as prand. From reading the Guardian, I believe that David Cameron routinely has industry lobbyists over for kitchen prand. What a rum'un.