Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:11:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sleeping patterns

Started by blue jammer, February 12, 2004, 08:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue jammer

Mine is fucked (again)

I stayed up on my first day off till about 5pm, and then slept and woke at around 2am, hmmm not the best of times to wake up, still I thought it'll be easy to fix, force myself to stay up longer and I'll get to sleep at the right time.

Didn't work, each day after that, I've managed to stay up a little longer, 8pm the first day, then 10pm and last night I made it till 11pm, and woke this morning at 5:30.  :|

This is no use at all, as I'm back in work tonight (9pm-8am) and I'm now wide awake, so come 10/11 tonight, I'll just want to sleep, argggggggggghhhhh.

I normally switch between nights and day mode really easily, but this time I couldn't do it at all, I just got so tired I had to sleep.

How have you fucked your sleeping patterns up and have you got any solutions how to easily (and without drugs) get back on track?

Cerys

I don't have a sleep pattern.  At the moment I've been awake since about two yesterday afternoon, and I'm locked in a furious Photoshop battle that's promising to keep me up for hours yet.  My sleeping hours shift around all the time, but tend to gravitate towards the hours of darkness.

You'll never manage it working nights.

But if you want to guarantee lengthy 9 or 10 hour kips then refrain from sex (and yes I include solo flights in that) - after three or four days, despite the difficulty in dropping off, you'll find you sleep like a log.

Don't know why. Or whether it's worth it. Up to you.

fanny splendid

Nah, do the opposite. Poke your brains out. Once spent, you'll sleep like a baby.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Nah, do the opposite. Poke your brains out. Once spent, you'll sleep like a baby.

Just after rolling off, wiping your cock on the quilt cover and farting.

Frinky

Thought about going to the gym? Or at least going for a run?

Do what I do: take some painkillers, then smash your face into a wall untill you pass out. There's no better sleep than concussion! When you come to you won't feel a thing! I'm not lying

fanny splendid

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
Quote from: "fanny splendid"Nah, do the opposite. Poke your brains out. Once spent, you'll sleep like a baby.

Just after rolling off, wiping your cock on the quilt cover and farting.

Hey, I didn't invent feminism just have to have to go to the trouble of rolling off. Get with the times, and get the girls on top.

No, no, no you are like, soooo wrong.

All a 'release' does it get you off to sleep quick sharp, if the problem was dropping off then yes I'd reccomend it. Jammers problem is staying asleep though and not waking up early. A full barrack of white soldiers seems to provide that.

Des Nilsen

I cycle through my sleeping patterns and it only takes the slighest change to affect them. After about a week or two of sleeping all night and being fully awake all day I drift back towards waking later and staying up.
This morning I woke at 5:45 and I'm sure I'm back on track with 'normal' sleeping patterns now.
It can irritate when you realize you don't have as much willpower when you're knackered.

Sleeping seems so much more necessary now; time was when I could sleep any time at night and found it impossible to sleep during the day. Then I got past age 15 and started feeling tired during the day and suffering for my late nights.
It's irritatingly 'blokish', and by that I mean I was always irritated and miffed by my dad falling asleep all over the place with great ease, I assumed it was laziness.
Obviously not.

-

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Des Nilsen"It's irritatingly 'blokish', and by that I mean I was always irritated and miffed by my dad falling asleep all over the place with great ease, I assumed it was laziness.
Obviously not.
-

How do you do this? How? And why? And why does football act as a lullaby?

Tell me later, time for work.

Des Nilsen

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
How do you do this? How? And why? And why does football act as a lullaby?

I have no idea, truth be told. I'm thankfully a little bit more aware of it than friends of mine seem to be, and it still bothers me seeing someone else fall asleep in front of the TV.
Why? er... hmph. Perhaps apathy, but then that's my answer to everything.
Goodness knows if football has soothing qualities, it only mystifies me.

This isn't helpful it is?

-

blue jammer

Wow, didn't think this would head into 'sex'  territory.

I think the only way I'll get back on track today for tonight, is to have a kip this afternoon.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"All a 'release' does it get you off to sleep quick sharp, if the problem was dropping off then yes I'd reccomend it. Jammers problem is staying asleep though and not waking up early.

Well it works for me. I'm going through a period of only needing about four hours sleep.

If I wanted a full eight hours, I would get pissed, but then you'll only moan about how it's not real sleep.

QuoteA full barrack of white soldiers seems to provide that.

Ugh, that's just not natural. That would keep me awake, at least until the soldiers went on manoeuvres.

mook

I agree with Fanny, I couldn't possibly get to kip with a full barrackfull*. I know Blue Jammer said "No drugs" but I find a couple of joints in the evening leads to a very happy 8 hours of slumber (and a quick jump if I'm lucky) and I wake up feeling lovely. Not for everyone of course, but it works for me.

*I wonder if this military euphamism catches on, will we get replies like "*sigh* yet another marching thread" from kobble?

Cerys

Twenty-four and a half hours.  No sign of bedwardness yet.  May need swift blow to head.