Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:41:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent site invites

Started by Junglist, April 08, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

The shitty thing is that all of the A/V formats seem to only support lossy compressed audio, which pisses over their attempt to keep the video as lossless as possible (well, the last time I looked, anyway).

Uncle TechTip

I think VHS is an effective res of 576x some number I can't recall. That's 625 line TV minus some lines for blanking interval and teletext! Yes, the noisy lines you sometimes see at the top are in fact teletext.

olliebean

BTW when I said they're ticking an "audio compression" box I meant compression as in compressing the dynamic range of the soundtrack, not as in encoding the audio to aac or ac3 or whatever.

TTT

Quote from: olliebean on February 19, 2016, 10:00:27 PM
BTW when I said they're ticking an "audio compression" box I meant compression as in compressing the dynamic range of the soundtrack, not as in encoding the audio to aac or ac3 or whatever.

Well the scene rules (What DIMENSION/KILLERS etc follow) state you should just mux in the original broadcast audio track untouched (usually 5.1 AC3).

So unless you are downloading the standard resolution stuff (where they have downmixed the 5.1 ac3 track to stereo aac) or are playing the 5.1 soundtrack ones through a stereo sound system where it's probably just whatever media player you use doing a shitty job of the downmix to stereo, then they should just playback as per the original broadcast.

olliebean

Quote from: TTT on February 19, 2016, 10:30:23 PM
Well the scene rules (What DIMENSION/KILLERS etc follow) state you should just mux in the original broadcast audio track untouched (usually 5.1 AC3).

So unless you are downloading the standard resolution stuff (where they have downmixed the 5.1 ac3 track to stereo aac) or are playing the 5.1 soundtrack ones through a stereo sound system where it's probably just whatever media player you use doing a shitty job of the downmix to stereo, then they should just playback as per the original broadcast.

Well then they're capping shitty broadcasts. The ones I download almost always have 5.1 sound (some of the WEB-DLs only have stereo but the sound is fine on those), and I am playing it back on a 5.1 system (and I know there's no problem my end because 5.1 WEB-DLs and DVD/Blu-Ray rips sound great on it), but a lot of the dodgy stuff actually sounds better if I let my media server downmix it to stereo and then have the amp Pro-Logic it back to surround. Maybe some local cable providers bugger about with the sound before broadcasting it. I've noticed that nearly all HDTV rips have the surround channels too high in the mix, compared to WEB-DL/DVD/Blu-Ray/Netflix etc.

I suppose I ought to keep notes to see if any particular groups' rips are consistently good or bad in this respect. (I usually just end up with whoever's version is available first, which probably isn't the best strategy.) To be fair, it's a lot better than it was a few years back, both in the number of downloads that have crappy sound and the degree of crappiness, but it's still annoying when I get a bad one.

TTT

Ah yes it could be specific groups HDTV rips causing that as I have to say I only ever notice anything like you're describing when shitty groups have done 'analog' captures from Netflix/Amazon of their exclusive shows. I do have IMMERSE/FLEET in my "must not contain" keyword settings in Sonarr as their rips are terrible and almost always either PROPER'd or INTERNAL'd by one of the better groups, so I guess it could be their rips at fault.

Junglist

I like how we're now getting 2160p encodes too, not that I have the screen for that really.

Famous Mortimer

Is TVChaos the best one for British telly nowadays? It doesn't have that lovely 6-part documentary on the history of British art, which is a shame. And the Piratebay has got some weird bug - it's all looking bad for torrenting.

Onken

I'm trying to download a couple of flac albums off Rutracker.org and Virgin Media throw me off me every time. TPB and EZTV I don't have much trouble. I've managed to get 3mb and after eighteen disconnections.

pandadeath

I've been trying to find some obscure German films from the 60's for ages, I've exhausted all the usual places, wondering if anyone has an invite to Karagarga or something similar so I can take a look on there?

pandadeath

'Katz Und Maus' from 1967, adaptation of the Gunter Grass novel and just German New Wave in general, I've looked everywhere I can for 'Katz Und Maus' but there's no sign of it.

B Piper@The Gates Of Dawn

So my 'go to' private torrent site for new release TV and Movies, Bitsoup has started to regularly lock out members, including me unless they pay donate $100 a year so fuck 'em. This is despite me having an amazing ratio with about 10tb in the black.

So I'm looking for something similar rather than resorting to dodgy public sites with all sorts of uncontrolled junk being upped. I'm willing to seed heavily so if anyone has an invite to somewhere that'd be great.

Also, is there anywhere currently being the new UKNova slash TKMaxx UK TV site?

Junglist

Quote from: pandadeath on March 31, 2016, 07:22:07 PM
'Katz Und Maus' from 1967, adaptation of the Gunter Grass novel and just German New Wave in general, I've looked everywhere I can for 'Katz Und Maus' but there's no sign of it.

The only copy I can get has no english subs but I can dropbox it you? Its a German TV rip. Only copy available as its from KG originally.

Also happy to help with any others if you want to PM

pandadeath

Quote from: Junglist on April 01, 2016, 01:57:18 PM
The only copy I can get has no english subs but I can dropbox it you? Its a German TV rip. Only copy available as its from KG originally.

Also happy to help with any others if you want to PM

That'd be great! Thanks man!

My German isn't great, but this gives me a reason to get better at it!

Utter Shit

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 20, 2016, 04:55:39 PM
Is TVChaos the best one for British telly nowadays? It doesn't have that lovely 6-part documentary on the history of British art, which is a shame. And the Piratebay has got some weird bug - it's all looking bad for torrenting.

I don't think there's been a single thing I've failed to get since I started using TVChaos, although I'm mainly getting new stuff now as I went on a binge of downloading old stuff when I found out TheBox was shutting down. It's not as good as TheBox but it's at least a serviceable alternative.

What problems have you been having with TPB? I switch proxies every time one of them goes wonky and never have trouble finding a new one that works fine.

olliebean

It didn't have Beyond The Fence, a musical that was broadcast on Sky Arts last month. I even put in a request for it but no bugger uploaded it. Unlikely to be repeated or released on DVD so after this weekend when the catch-up runs out it's probably gone for good.

Does anyone have an invite code for TV Chaos they can spare?

Junglist

Quote from: pandadeath on April 01, 2016, 03:41:32 PM
That'd be great! Thanks man!

My German isn't great, but this gives me a reason to get better at it!

Don't know if you've received it or not but I've PMed you.

Ringside

Might be a long shot, but does anyone have a spare karagarga invite? I used to be a member years ago, but I think my account went inactive for too long.

Puffin Chunks

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 01, 2016, 04:33:59 PM
I switch proxies every time one of them goes wonky and never have trouble finding a new one that works fine.

Protip: You don't need to use proxies. You can access any of the blocked sites by just amending the address from http://www.blocked.content to https://www.blocked.content

All the blocked sites I access have implemented  https and ISP blocks (at least with TalkTalk) appear unable to block the secure protocol.

How long this will last, I don't know, but it has served me fine since day 1.

NoSleep

This website can be helpful to unblock sites, too:

https://proxyof.com/kickasstorrents-proxy-unblock/

https://proxyof.com/demonoid-proxy-unblock/

Just use the search function there to find the site you want to visit.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Ringside on June 05, 2016, 09:20:36 AM
Might be a long shot, but does anyone have a spare karagarga invite? I used to be a member years ago, but I think my account went inactive for too long.

If you can remember your sn, then you can post in the forum to request your account to be re-activated.

Just bumping to say I have 10 myspleen invites for people on here, with special privilege going to those who might possibly be able to help me out with a karagarga (or similar) invite? I realise it's a stretch, but I thought I'd ask because there's a film I wanna watch I can't find anywhere.

marquis_de_sad

I think KG is closed to invites at the moment.

zomgmouse

Quote from: A Car With No Doors on July 10, 2016, 04:08:08 PM
Just bumping to say I have 10 myspleen invites for people on here, with special privilege going to those who might possibly be able to help me out with a karagarga (or similar) invite? I realise it's a stretch, but I thought I'd ask because there's a film I wanna watch I can't find anywhere.

What's the film? I can try having a look.

hedgehog90

Would it be possible to get a what.cd invite from one of you lovelies?
I usually manage to find what I'm looking with my usual haunts for but it's become increasingly hopeless recently.
I tried the interview a couple years back but I felt the pressure and bollocksed it up. Looked like a complete dunce I tell ya, and I'm properly knowledgeable about audio encoding and whatnot.

Twed

I'd like one too if possible. I have bitmetv and tvchaos (I think) invites. But ssshhh, don't tell them I offered to trade.Actually don't worry about it.

Utter Shit

Anyone got a good music torrent site? Waffles seems to be down permanently now :(

NoSleep

Waffles is alive and kicking here. Maybe it's being blocked by your ISP?