Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:02:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent site invites

Started by Junglist, April 08, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermitical

does anyone know of a good source for torrented radio? Radio 3 specifically

NoSleep

You mean the spoken word shows or musical ones? I'm guessing you mean the latter because you could download/rip the former from iPlayer in most cases. I'm not sure that you'll find much of the latter as torrents, apart from the occasional rip, like Joe Zawinul's Syndicate from 1997 on dimeadozen.org. Actually, that's probably a good place to look (I've never delved into classical rips on there, but it may be quite a useful place to find stuff from the Proms, etc; that aren't available on CD).

Just keep trying to join up on dime, they have limited membership but they flush out the slackers now and then and you will be able to register (that is if you can't straight away).

olliebean

Quote from: NoSleep on May 06, 2017, 12:38:18 PM
You mean the spoken word shows or musical ones? I'm guessing you mean the latter because you could download/rip the former from iPlayer in most cases.

The musical ones are on iPlayer as well, aren't they? I don't think I've ever come across one that wasn't.

olliebean

Quote from: hermitical on May 07, 2017, 06:34:30 PM
this one isn't, has a live recording of Stetson's Gorecki

OK, but that's just because it was broadcast over a month ago, isn't it? Most things are only available for 30 days after broadcast.

FWIW, I had a look on dimeadozen but it doesn't seem to be there.

hermitical

yeah, I know, that's why I was asking about torrents!

cheers for checking dimeadozen

v7vIDEOSEVEN

I totally agree with NoSleep, UKTV has bee awful past few years, but old programs were great. That is why i loved TheBox & TvTorrents, you could get great shows like 'They think it's all over' and 'Have I Got News For You' before they were ruinned by guest-hosts. Currently watching 'Never mind the Buzzcocks', but have to dl from Mega!!
Evening have been very long recently, as not ever been a fan of 'the northern dungeons & dragons' (game of thrones). And 99% of UKTV has been 'made for america' and it feels like the 51st state [Great film]!
And help/hope greatly appreciated (desiring a TVCUK invite).
Cheers

----
edit
--

I also have a great site for audio books, e books and lots of radio, but don't want to break rules (if there are rules about that?), so PM me..

Would anyone be so kind as to furnish me with a MySpleen invite? I will be forever in sincere debt to whoever can help!!! Thank you kindly!

Junglist

Not an invite but a tip:

For those who can't be fucked with Kodi/downloading/streaming sites full of fake films and ads:

Type index of /movies/2017 into Google and pick site. Replace year for older films. Replace movies with tvshows or music if you want them instead. DL2 is a good link. Index of /film/ is another good one.

If on PC, right click on film you want, copy link address, open vlc, file > open network stream and paste link, open, wait 10-30 seconds, ta da. Obviously depends on your connection speed.

Also it works on phone streaming too, but instead of copying link, just click on it. Dunno about tablets as not tried.

colacentral

Sorry if this has already been posted, as it's quite a long thread, but I wondered if anyone knew and could recommend some more niche (probably invite only) torrent sites? I was specifically wondering if there was a sports torrent site, but I was also interested in the radio torrent site posted on the first page, and anything else like that that's quite specific to a certain type of thing or genre.

gabrielconroy

Has anyone got a torrent link for the cassette version of the Radiohead OKNOTOK release? I've looked around, but the one on KAT is the remastered versions of OK Computer tracks and B-sides, not the outtakes and demo versions of stuff like Motion Picture Soundtrack.

Junglist

Quote from: gabrielconroy on September 06, 2017, 08:50:09 PM
Has anyone got a torrent link for the cassette version of the Radiohead OKNOTOK release? I've looked around, but the one on KAT is the remastered versions of OK Computer tracks and B-sides, not the outtakes and demo versions of stuff like Motion Picture Soundtrack.

Flac or mp3? I'll grab it for ya

gabrielconroy

Quote from: Junglist on September 06, 2017, 11:48:30 PM
Flac or mp3? I'll grab it for ya

Either would be brilliant, cheers!

MortSahlFan

I know about torrents, just the basics though. There is a site called WeTransfer which allows one to send a file up to 2gigs! I always tell strangers to create an alternate e-mail if they want remain anonymous.

I'd be more than happy to send you what I have when it comes to comedy, music, and movies... I also have many articles spanning back decades (mostly Mort Sahl).

hedgehog90

Any chance of a TVCUK invite anyone?

pigamus

One thing I miss from Uk Nova is the TV continuity stuff. They had hours of it at one point, from the mid seventies to the late eighties, all ripped from crappy VHS and Betamax. I love all that stuff, I could watch it for hours, and frequently did.

Small Man Big Horse

Just a minor heads up - MySpleen has a site wide freeleech this Easter weekend, so it's a good time to grab their often painfully large files.

hermitical

Do you know how often they open up to new users?

pigamus

I've got a TV Chaos account but I'd not heard of myspleen before. Like hermetical I'd be very grateful for invite were anyone able to help out.

Uncle TechTip

I have 6 at myspleen but when I clicked it said access denied, so maybe they are closed.

madhair60

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on April 01, 2018, 06:29:27 PM
I have 6 at myspleen but when I clicked it said access denied, so maybe they are closed.

They are indeed closed.

olliebean

Lovely new theme on MySpleen today!

Mobius

Hi lads. What's a good torrent site nowadays? I've been using TPB for years but it's becoming increasingly shit.

marquis_de_sad

Boring answer: depends what you're looking for.

Small Man Big Horse

I still find the Pirate Bay pretty decent for most things, but the other two main sites I use are http://rarbgmirror.xyz/torrents.php and https://btdb.unblocked.mx/

Quote from: olliebean on April 01, 2018, 07:39:06 PM
Lovely new theme on MySpleen today!

And those tunes had such a good beat.

It's a shame it's not open to new registrations at the moment, even via invite, but they do seem to be being a bit cagey on the matter on the forum so perhaps they received threatening legal letters...

Mobius

Cheers SMBH.

I was trying to find something on TPB earlier but had no luck and it was only showing old results, like nothing had been uploaded in ages. I often have trouble finding stuff using the search function, like I've gone through 30 odd pages of 'recent torrents' to find something I know would have been uploaded recently, but searching that same thing yields no results even though it's definitely there!

Just tried again and its fine so perhaps I had got bumped to some mirror or cached version.

NoSleep

But what kind of "something" are you looking for? For TV stuff I use Zooqle and RARGB when all else fails.

Malcy

BeardFaceMan

Me too, they were all showing as 1 seed but I could't connect to them.