Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent site invites

Started by Junglist, April 08, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerzi

I've been massively out of the loop and just been using piratebay for years, but recently heard about myspleen for finding the lesser known stuff.  Anyone have an invite they could throw my way? Cheers

Thursday

I'm looking for a torrent site that's good for rare films. Don't even necessarily need a private one, even just some working public one's would be good.

NoSleep

Karagarga would be the one but unfortunately they have not allowed any new members for a couple of years now.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: NoSleep on January 19, 2019, 11:52:44 AM
Karagarga would be the one but unfortunately they have not allowed any new members for a couple of years now.

This is, happily, no longer the case.

NoSleep

In that case I haven't been given any more invites. No names but I've previously given out invites to 7 CaB members and they've all been disabled due to not keeping up ratios or visiting the site which probably means no more invites for me.

marquis_de_sad

Interesting. I've only ever given out one invite in the past and it was also to a useless person.

QRDL

Out of the 13 people I've invited to Karagarga over the years, two remain in extremely good standing. Both from CaB I think. 10 were disabled, mostly due to inactivity. Anyway, no new invites for me, despite several donations I've made.

Malcy

Someone on here gave me TVCUK invite. It's been well used. Will be doing the VIP for a few weeks at some point soon so will have a few invites to give out.

hedgehog90

I'd really appreciate an invite to a decent bd25/bd50 tracker like Karagarga, Cinematik or one of those Chinese ones if anyone has any spares.
I promise to be a good boy and keep a respectable share ratio.

Ringside

TV Vault and Karagarga are the two I'd quite like to get in on.

I have invites for several different sites, and can show good ratios if needed.

Thanks.

thugler

Goddamn. I've been unable to torrent for a while, I was a member of apollo, it seeming to be the follow up to what cd but that seems to be gone now, replaced by Athena edit: Orpheus apparently now i think? Which is claiming to accept former apollo members, but when i put in my email nothing comes through.

If anyone happens to have an invite, or for anything better I'd be very grateful. I really miss the what.cd days..

EDIT: scratch that, my invite seems to have come through weirdly.. I'll be sure to pass on some invites if i get any. Is it the true successor to what or is waffles better?

Malcy

Can anyone recommend a good Australian Torrent site?

Quote from: Malcy on February 13, 2019, 08:43:27 PM
Can anyone recommend a good Australian Torrent site?
Pirate G'day

fucking ponderous

anyone got a myspleen invite? new to things

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: fucking ponderous on February 14, 2019, 04:35:49 AM
anyone got a myspleen invite? new to things

Unfortunately myspleen aren't allowing users to give out invites right now, but if things change I'll post in the thread as I have a few left.

Small Man Big Horse

Does anyone know if a torrent site exists devoted to audiobooks? Or at least has a lot on them? I've gone through piratebay and that had some, but not that many which I hadn't already read if I was interested in them. I know someone mentioned one earlier on in this thread and said to pm him for info, but unfortunately they have logged in since 2017.

hedgehog90

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: hedgehog90 on February 18, 2019, 10:11:48 AM
Have you tried Soulseek?

I haven't, but will look in to it, thanks for the tip.

Uncle TechTip

Yes there's a new soulseek client which is much better than old, most have jumped to this now so definitely worth a try - get the QT version.

hermitical

Not audiobook specific (also ebooks) but myanonymous has about 107000 active audiobook torrents atm

hermitical

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on February 18, 2019, 11:40:04 PM
Yes there's a new soulseek client which is much better than old, most have jumped to this now so definitely worth a try - get the QT version.

One day I'll get a nice big HD linked to my router and I can consolidate stuff on there, then I'll give Soulseek another go. It's been a long long time but I used to love it

NoSleep

Soulseek is great these days, probably the best for music (especially if you're looking for rarities). I checked last night and there are indeed many audiobooks to be had.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: hermitical on February 19, 2019, 07:10:30 AM
Not audiobook specific (also ebooks) but myanonymous has about 107000 active audiobook torrents atm

Oh cool, that looks great, thanks for the suggestion there.

Quote from: NoSleep on February 19, 2019, 08:51:40 AM
Soulseek is great these days, probably the best for music (especially if you're looking for rarities). I checked last night and there are indeed many audiobooks to be had.

Yeah, I did a big search last night too and found lots of cool stuff there.

Malcy

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 17, 2019, 08:16:44 PM
Does anyone know if a torrent site exists devoted to audiobooks? Or at least has a lot on them? I've gone through piratebay and that had some, but not that many which I hadn't already read if I was interested in them. I know someone mentioned one earlier on in this thread and said to pm him for info, but unfortunately they have logged in since 2017.

Audiobookbay is the one I use. I've downloaded countless gigs of stuff from there.

Utter Shit

Does anyone know what happened to Waffles? The old link doesn't work any more and I can't find any info online saying that it's moved to a new address. Alternatively, does anyone know any good private music torrent sites?

NoSleep

The link says they will be back soon.

Try out SoulSeek instead of a torrent site. You won't go back.

Utter Shit

Blimey I remember Soulseek from the early 2000s, it's not the same Napster-style setup is it?!

NoSleep

I never used Napster, but I think they probably work similarly. Soulseek hooks you up with all other users online and you can download stuff direct from their collections (bearing in mind that you should be sharing something from a folder on your own system in reciprocation). There's even a cookdandbombd chatroom.

Small Man Big Horse

I posted this in the film forum, but thought I'd put it here too - Just so folks know, https://avistaz.to/ is open for registration right now and a great site for rare Asian gems.