Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:19:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent site invites

Started by Junglist, April 08, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Wit's end. Does anyone know a direct download site for films?

hermitical

Small Man Big Horse

hermitical

tehparadox is open for registration atm
I use snahp.it quite a lot (uses Mega links mostly)

olliebean

Quote from: hermitical on June 25, 2019, 07:15:36 AM
I use snahp.it quite a lot (uses Mega links mostly)

That one is unusable here; every link doubles as a button to open a new window with some spammy shit or other in it. Even the search box does this rather than actually being a functional search box.

hermitical

Wow, I have literally none of those problems! I'd volunteer to turn of the ad-blocker when I'm on the site but I'm terrified now!

madhair60

Quote from: hermitical on June 25, 2019, 07:15:36 AM
tehparadox is open for registration atm

I'm an idiot and can't find it

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: hermitical on June 25, 2019, 11:18:24 PM
Wow, I have literally none of those problems! I'd volunteer to turn of the ad-blocker when I'm on the site but I'm terrified now!

I also don't have those problems, even with no adblocker on.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 13, 2019, 09:19:50 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Waffles? The old link doesn't work any more and I can't find any info online saying that it's moved to a new address. Alternatively, does anyone know any good private music torrent sites?

Seems to have disappeared completely now, anyone know a good private music torrent site? Soulseek just confused me.

NoSleep

Waffles is still around; just doing some maintenance right now.

https://waffles.ch

Utter Shit

Oh nice, that's weird though because I checked that page the other day (more recently than 11th June) and it was down completely.

Famous Mortimer

Radioarchive appears to be down, and probably has been for ages. Anyone know if it's just moved elsewhere? It had so much good stuff on it.

Small Man Big Horse

Just a minor heads up that Myspleen has a two week long freeleech going on right now, so it's the perfect time to obtain weird films from the 90s and odd bits of adultswim comedy.

madhair60

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 18, 2019, 02:18:03 PM
Just a minor heads up that Myspleen has a two week long freeleech going on right now, so it's the perfect time to obtain weird films from the 90s and odd bits of adultswim comedy.

Superb. Thank you.

rasta-spouse

Just managed to remember my myspleen login after three years. Any d/l recommendations? Might watch some 90s Conan.

NoSleep

12 OZ Mouse DVD set, Book Of The Dead DVD (Evil Dead fan restoration/edit), various Twin Peaks extras, The Edge (David Mirkin (who wrote the best ever Simpsons episode) produced sketch show including Jennifer Aniston (pre-Friends), Tom Kenny & Jill Talley (both later in Mr Show), Wayne Knight (later "Newman" from Seinfeld) amongst others). Another curio is Wild Wild South, an early cable vehicle for Unknown Hinson, the voice of Early Cuyler in Squidbillies.

rasta-spouse

Thanks for the rec. Not heard of The Edge before. I'm currently re-watching North American 90s sketch shows like KITH, The State, Exit 57 etc - and this seems right up my street. 

NoSleep

Ah yes; talking about David Mirkin. I see myspleen has the complete Get A Life (starring Chris Elliott) which is ahead of its time (1990) and even has a couple of episodes written by Bob Odenkirk, amongst others. Well worth a look.

Famous Mortimer

There's also 270 gig worth of "Night Flight" episodes, if you've got a chunk of space on a hard drive.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: NoSleep on July 19, 2019, 02:48:00 PM
12 OZ Mouse DVD set, Book Of The Dead DVD (Evil Dead fan restoration/edit), various Twin Peaks extras, The Edge (David Mirkin (who wrote the best ever Simpsons episode) produced sketch show including Jennifer Aniston (pre-Friends), Tom Kenny & Jill Talley (both later in Mr Show), Wayne Knight (later "Newman" from Seinfeld) amongst others). Another curio is Wild Wild South, an early cable vehicle for Unknown Hinson, the voice of Early Cuyler in Squidbillies.

I'd not hear of The Edge before, despite liking Get A Life, so thanks for mentioning that.

I'd also recommend Review With Myles Barlow, the (very good) Australian series which inspired Review With Forrest MacNeil, and all of Joe Pera's shows on there.

phantom_power

Is there any sort of equivalent to UKNova around?

olliebean

Quote from: phantom_power on August 06, 2019, 05:01:02 PM
Is there any sort of equivalent to UKNova around?

TVChaosUK is the closest, I should think.

phantom_power

Does anyone have an invite code?

madhair60

Quote from: phantom_power on August 07, 2019, 01:31:59 PM
Does anyone have an invite code?

I might, I'll check.

edit: I dont

Piggyoioi

don't suppose anyone's got a cgpersia invite?

madhair60

Anyone know what's happened to TV Chaos

MrT

From their facebook page
"Hello everyone! As you all know the site is down. At this stage we can't say for sure how long it will be before we can get up and running again as we will need to move to a new home,, but rest assured that everything possible is being done and we will be back better and stronger than ever as soon as humanly possible..
I'm afraid that it is not possible for me to reply to you all individually so please keep an eye on this page and I will update you as soon as there is news. Thank you all for your support!"

Don't know if their hosting company has booted them. UKNova's hosting company, based in Lithuania, got a cease and desist from FACT in our second incarnation but we ignored it and the hosting company didn't give a shit.

Malcy

Thanks for that. Just searched on Twitter for answers but nothing.

I hope it keeps the member database. I was about 5 points away from the 35GB upload credit bonus! Had a great ratio as well.

Glad it's not gone completely though. Rareshare closed a couple of months ago so I whipped about 100GB in the couple of days before. It was a good backup.

I don't know of any other UK sites like TvChaos. It's been very handy over the past year or so.

olliebean

Worth keeping an eye on TVChaos's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TV-Chaos-UK-179987125382355/ - they are posting regular updates and there has been a suggestion that they might briefly open up registration when the site returns.