Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent site invites

Started by Junglist, April 08, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Aye, it's a brutal experience trying to use it now. Takes forever to refresh the lists and randomly needs page refreshes when it crashes.

popcorn

Well, I could certainly do with some torrent site invites now KAT and Pirate Bay and all their mirrors seem to have died or gone shit.

Malcy

Quote from: popcorn on December 27, 2019, 08:32:10 PM
Well, I could certainly do with some torrent site invites now KAT and Pirate Bay and all their mirrors seem to have died or gone shit.

Magnetdl is my go to these days. No invite needed.

Flouncer

I've been checking TV Chaos and their Facebook page more or less daily for a few months now and I'm pretty sure they still haven't opened registrations yet. I suppose it might be to do with all the bother they've had with the site but I'm starting to wonder if they'll get round to it; they haven't mentioned it on the FB page for ages now. Getting a bit annoyed with it because I know it would be really useful for sourcing (spam) material.

popcorn

Famous Mortimer

Is there a good British TV torrent site that either has open registrations or has someone with an invite? I used TVChaos all the time and I've just been bitting and bobbing since it had its recent troubles.

Flouncer

I finally got in to TV Chaos! A few people were asking in the comments on their Facebook page, and they were told to send a PM. I sent one and they gave me an invite. Not sure if this is a limited time thing so probably best to give them a shout soon, if you're on the Facebooks.

Malcy

Good luck getting anything to work. The old site was brilliant but I just barely use it anymore because it's so hit and miss.

olliebean

The site seems to work OK for me, although the design is horrible - the main annoyance for me is that more often than not my torrent client shows "Not working" next to the tracker, meaning my seeding time is not being counted towards their supposedly now more generous bonus scheme - it's not more generous if I don't get credit for seeding half the time.

<edit> Having said that, the site isn't loading either now.

Malcy

Quote from: olliebean on January 12, 2020, 09:59:24 PM
The site seems to work OK for me, although the design is horrible - the main annoyance for me is that more often than not my torrent client shows "Not working" next to the tracker, meaning my seeding time is not being counted towards their supposedly now more generous bonus scheme - it's not more generous if I don't get credit for seeding half the time.

<edit> Having said that, the site isn't loading either now.

Even when my torrents have eventually turned green to seed they have never contributed to my bonus points. The layout is really bad as well which puts me off.

Junglist

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 19, 2019, 02:10:26 PM
Waffles isn't showing any signs of re-emerging - anyone recommend a good private music site?

https://redacted.ch/

Funcrusher

Malcy

Quote from: Funcrusher on February 17, 2020, 10:25:52 AM
How does one become a member?

Had a quick Google after i couldn't find a sign up option. Apparently you have to be interviewed to join. Fuck that.

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Redacted.ch

Junglist

Quote from: Malcy on February 17, 2020, 02:33:46 PM
Had a quick Google after i couldn't find a sign up option. Apparently you have to be interviewed to join. Fuck that.

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Redacted.ch

Or know someone with invites. Sadly most I've invited have just checked it once or twice and let the account die which never looks good. Its not easy to keep ratio at the start.

Malcy

Quote from: Junglist on April 14, 2020, 06:13:14 PM
Or know someone with invites. Sadly most I've invited have just checked it once or twice and let the account die which never looks good. Its not easy to keep ratio at the start.

Yeah I had done that in the past and the invites I gave out to a site were pretty much wasted.

I think I got a TVChaos invite from someone on here. I've downloaded very little from it but I've uploaded a huge amount. Usually by downloading that nights soaps just as they would go up as they were free to download. I've used that method to get a good ratio.

10 down & 220 uploaded. I done that mainly because a lot of the stuff I wanted to download had been up there a long time and had few seeders and people wanting it so I wouldn't really get much upload credit from having it running.

TVC gave out 6 of these new freelech tokens for the sites birthday the other week which is going to be very handy for massive torrents.

madhair60

Quote from: Junglist on April 14, 2020, 06:13:14 PM

Do you have any advice on how to build ratio for this particular site?

Junglist

Quote from: madhair60 on April 15, 2020, 12:22:03 PM
Do you have any advice on how to build ratio for this particular site?

Use tokens, seed like a mofo and upload as and when you can. As with all sites, the more you upload, the more access you have to invites for other sites and the more buffer you can create. I'm at the 'get two invites a month' level and it has some added perks.

Small Man Big Horse

The Pirate Bay seems to have gone all cunty and keeps insisting I use a vpn if I want to download anything, does anyone know if there's a way around it, as I can't be arsed with all the vpn fuckery, especially if it costs money.

olliebean

Can't you just use the Magnet links? (The ones that say "GET THIS TORRENT", not the "DOWNLOAD ANONYMOUSLY" ones.) Never had a problem with those.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: olliebean on April 30, 2020, 07:28:46 PM
Can't you just use the Magnet links? (The ones that say "GET THIS TORRENT", not the "DOWNLOAD ANONYMOUSLY" ones.) Never had a problem with those.

Yeah, that's what I normally do but both ways don't work sadly, it's only been like this for the last couple of days too as I never had the issue prior to this.

Retinend

MySpleen has been on freeleech for a while.

But what I really want to say is, how can you do anything but leech? Every time I use it I can never seem to upload anything. I'm worried that my account will be deleted at any moment because my ratio sucks, but why does this site refuse to let me upload? I can upload with other places, and I tried downloading a particularly fast moving torrent as an experiment: nothing works.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Retinend on April 30, 2020, 09:13:17 PM
MySpleen has been on freeleech for a while.

But what I really want to say is, how can you do anything but leech? Every time I use it I can never seem to upload anything. I'm worried that my account will be deleted at any moment because my ratio sucks, but why does this site refuse to let me upload? I can upload with other places, and I tried downloading a particularly fast moving torrent as an experiment: nothing works.

I used to have a terrible myspleen ratio too but have managed to sort it out with the recent batch of freeleech's (without them I'd definitely be fucked) and the way I do it is the moment I see a new torrent has been uploaded I obtain it and seed it whether it's something I'm interested in or not. It's definitely better to get the huge torrents too, if it's 20gig plus I manage to get about a day's worth of seeding out of it.

If you've been doing that and it's still not working, um, I'm not sure then, as it should let you seed in those cases...

olliebean

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 30, 2020, 09:08:24 PM
Yeah, that's what I normally do but both ways don't work sadly, it's only been like this for the last couple of days too as I never had the issue prior to this.

Strange, it still seems to be working fine for me. Although there are so many mirrors and proxies of it around these days, it's possible we're not using the same site.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: olliebean on April 30, 2020, 10:23:36 PM
Strange, it still seems to be working fine for me. Although there are so many mirrors and proxies of it around these days, it's possible we're not using the same site.

That's true, and I'm with Virgin Media so a lot have been blocked annoyingly, though I was using .se.net for ages without any issue - out of interest, what address are you using?

Funcrusher

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 30, 2020, 06:23:31 PM
The Pirate Bay seems to have gone all cunty and keeps insisting I use a vpn if I want to download anything, does anyone know if there's a way around it, as I can't be arsed with all the vpn fuckery, especially if it costs money.

Isn't that just an ad for a VPN that comes up? I access TPB via a mirror site on Unblockit so maybe try that.

olliebean

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 30, 2020, 10:37:37 PM
That's true, and I'm with Virgin Media so a lot have been blocked annoyingly, though I was using .se.net for ages without any issue - out of interest, what address are you using?

Just the old .org address, which for some reason is still loading in Firefox although not in any other browser. I think Firefox's DNS-over-HTTPS must be getting around the blocking.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 30, 2020, 10:40:20 PM
Isn't that just an ad for a VPN that comes up? I access TPB via a mirror site on Unblockit so maybe try that.

It is an ad, yeah, but if you get rid of it the site still won't let me use either link to get the torrent, it's weird - seems like I'm not the only one with the issue either - https://www.reddit.com/r/TPB/comments/g9vg40/tpb_requiring_a_vpn_now/ - but Unblockit works for me, so thanks hugely for that.

prwc

I understand they're tough to come by, but I'd hugely appreciate a PTP invite if anyone has one spare. I can show you my KG and CG accounts which are in very good standing. Although neither site is allowing invites currently I'd be happy to send you anything you're after that they might have (this goes for anyone here regardless if they can provide an invite to PTP).

wasp_f15ting

If anyone is struggling with ratios, I highly recommend a seedbed with Plex.

I got one with seedbox.io and for £30 a month I get 1GB/s symmetrical connection, 4TB storage Intel Xeon CPU and 8GB Ram.

It has made my life so much easier rather than saving stuff locally in drivers all over the show its all in the cloud.. my own Netflix :)

Junglist

Quote from: prwc on May 13, 2020, 04:37:56 PM
I understand they're tough to come by, but I'd hugely appreciate a PTP invite if anyone has one spare. I can show you my KG and CG accounts which are in very good standing. Although neither site is allowing invites currently I'd be happy to send you anything you're after that they might have (this goes for anyone here regardless if they can provide an invite to PTP).

PtP recruits on four trackers currently, dependent on user class - people are very wary to give invites for obvious reasons. RED is the easiest to work at but you need a one year old account at least.