Author Topic: Torrent site invites  (Read 113303 times)

Retinend

• gettit done gettit on gettit done when you do it
    • Goodreads profile
Re: Torrent site invites
« Reply #510 on: May 29, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
If you've been doing that and it's still not working, um, I'm not sure then, as it should let you seed in those cases...

My ratio is back to 1:1! Hallelujah!

There was no problem - it's simply that I needed a torrent people were actually leeching from. In the end it's taken a literally months of torrents sitting on standby for any torrents to get going, and even then it was just one brave little torrent who could (out of a dozen others) that uploaded a significant amount and actually helped my ratio. And even then I'd have been fucked if all of those torrents hadn't been downloaded during freeleech.

Also, you'd think that popular stuff would be the stuff that would be a net uploader, but in fact in my case it was a relatively obscure one.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2020, 07:58:23 PM »
My ratio is back to 1:1! Hallelujah!

There was no problem - it's simply that I needed a torrent people were actually leeching from. In the end it's taken a literally months of torrents sitting on standby for any torrents to get going, and even then it was just one brave little torrent who could (out of a dozen others) that uploaded a significant amount and actually helped my ratio. And even then I'd have been fucked if all of those torrents hadn't been downloaded during freeleech.

Also, you'd think that popular stuff would be the stuff that would be a net uploader, but in fact in my case it was a relatively obscure one.

Ah, glad to hear you managed to sort it all out, it's during various freeleech's that I managed to get my ratio up too, and thankfully this year they've had a fair few of them so it's easy to maintain.

sirhenry

• That worked out well...
« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »
Yeah, the 'Complete Animated The Tick' has come to life during the lockdown after a year or so of doing nowt. The world may be dying but my ratio is finally healthy...

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #513 on: June 03, 2020, 09:50:52 PM »
Just a quick head's up for all AvistaZ members, as there's a site wide freeleech for the next few days, so now's the perfect time to get hold of some oddities / build up a decent ratio.

« Reply #514 on: June 29, 2020, 10:21:55 AM »
Well, none of my torrents are working this morning. All the trackers are showing as "not working." No DHT connections either. I thought maybe my ISP had blocked them, but I tried with a VPN, and no luck. Back to the old days of using the rate-limited download sites, having to download everything manually, and taking longer to download than it takes to watch. Feh.