Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent site invites

Started by Junglist, April 08, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 30, 2020, 09:18:35 PM
If you've been doing that and it's still not working, um, I'm not sure then, as it should let you seed in those cases...

My ratio is back to 1:1! Hallelujah!

There was no problem - it's simply that I needed a torrent people were actually leeching from. In the end it's taken a literally months of torrents sitting on standby for any torrents to get going, and even then it was just one brave little torrent who could (out of a dozen others) that uploaded a significant amount and actually helped my ratio. And even then I'd have been fucked if all of those torrents hadn't been downloaded during freeleech.

Also, you'd think that popular stuff would be the stuff that would be a net uploader, but in fact in my case it was a relatively obscure one.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Retinend on May 29, 2020, 11:40:19 AM
My ratio is back to 1:1! Hallelujah!

There was no problem - it's simply that I needed a torrent people were actually leeching from. In the end it's taken a literally months of torrents sitting on standby for any torrents to get going, and even then it was just one brave little torrent who could (out of a dozen others) that uploaded a significant amount and actually helped my ratio. And even then I'd have been fucked if all of those torrents hadn't been downloaded during freeleech.

Also, you'd think that popular stuff would be the stuff that would be a net uploader, but in fact in my case it was a relatively obscure one.

Ah, glad to hear you managed to sort it all out, it's during various freeleech's that I managed to get my ratio up too, and thankfully this year they've had a fair few of them so it's easy to maintain.

sirhenry

Quote from: Retinend on May 29, 2020, 11:40:19 AM
Yeah, the 'Complete Animated The Tick' has come to life during the lockdown after a year or so of doing nowt. The world may be dying but my ratio is finally healthy...

Small Man Big Horse

Just a quick head's up for all AvistaZ members, as there's a site wide freeleech for the next few days, so now's the perfect time to get hold of some oddities / build up a decent ratio.

olliebean

Well, none of my torrents are working this morning. All the trackers are showing as "not working." No DHT connections either. I thought maybe my ISP had blocked them, but I tried with a VPN, and no luck. Back to the old days of using the rate-limited download sites, having to download everything manually, and taking longer to download than it takes to watch. Feh.

Anyone point me in the direction of getting hold of ad free podcasts? There are a few good ones on Wondery but they are ruined by 5 minutes of ads during a 30 minute episode.

Cheers

purlieu

If anyone could give me help with getting in to TVChaos it would be hugely appreciated. There's some stuff I know is on there that I would love to get but don't know anyone personally who uses it so don't really know where to get an invite. I'm very good at seeding.

olliebean

Quote from: purlieu on October 09, 2020, 12:45:27 PM
If anyone could give me help with getting in to TVChaos it would be hugely appreciated. There's some stuff I know is on there that I would love to get but don't know anyone personally who uses it so don't really know where to get an invite. I'm very good at seeding.

I don't have nearly enough bonus points to buy an invite, sadly. I guess they want to discourage people from giving them out as one invite costs as much as 165GB of upload credit.

Malcy

I thought TVChaos was going to have open registration at some point. I saw on their FB page that you can get added to a waiting list or something I can't remember.

When I get a new external I'll probably do the donate thing to get freeleech for a couple of weeks. I haven't checked for a while but think you get an invite code as well.

Malcy

TVC seems to be under attack the past couple of days. I saw on their FB page that it was down and when I visited the site just a minute ago it was redirecting to a Wiki page about 'White Hat' hacking.

MortSahlFan

I've been using torrents for at least 10 years despite not knowing much of the nomenclature and was deeply saddened when https://torrentz2.eu/ went down

It had ALL the sites on that one site... Usually, it's replaced by something similar, but can't find any.. PirateBay doesn't have a fraction of what the aforementioned site had... Does anyone know anything close?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A site of torrent sites?

I've been able to use zooqle for ages but here's a circa 2020 list of others som cunt compiled  https://www.digitalconnectmag.com/zooqle/

sirhenry

Utter Shit

Anyone know a good private torrent site for downloading stand up? I'm looking for Dave Gorman's earlier DVDs specifically but any other good stuff too.

Famous Mortimer

A workmate wants to watch some HGTV shows but can't be bothered to pay for cable, so I said I'd try and help. Is there a good TV tracker that has shows other than the same handful? Or do you live in America, pay for cable and trust me with your password?

sirhenry

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on December 17, 2020, 03:28:19 PM
A workmate wants to watch some HGTV shows but can't be bothered to pay for cable, so I said I'd try and help. Is there a good TV tracker that has shows other than the same handful?
Sounds like a job for https://eztv.re/

NoSleep

RARGB are good (all their own high quality rips) or failing that, Zooqle. But I doubt if many of those type of programmes get on torrent sites.

EDIT: there is some HGTV on RARGB

Famous Mortimer

Cheers, both, but it appears the show that was top of my friend's list - "Celebrity Motor Home" - isn't being captured by anyone. Although top of the list when I searched for "motor home" is 

QuoteCumPerfection.13.11.21.Alexa.Shore.Bukkake.In.A.Motorhome.XXX.1080p.MP4-KTR

which I'm sure would be an adequate replacement.

Malcy

Is UKTVLAND fucked?

https://www.reddit.com/r/UKTVLAND/new/

No posts and when i tried to go on the other day it was posts from 50+ days ago.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Malcy on December 25, 2020, 07:41:30 PM
Is UKTVLAND fucked?

https://www.reddit.com/r/UKTVLAND/new/

No posts and when i tried to go on the other day it was posts from 50+ days ago.

That's weird, and https://www.reddit.com/r/notapanelshow/ has suddenly had pretty much all of the posts deleted too. I know one guy, Cherzio, used to upload the majority of shows so I wonder if he's been banned / asked for his posts to be deleted for some reason? Either way it's a bit shite, I've relied on those subreddits for a good few shows over the years.

Small Man Big Horse

That's shitty news, I know there's a fair amount of optimism that he'll return but even if he does I doubt he'll ever upload anything from Sky again.

BeardFaceMan

Yeah I used to get a lot of stuff from him on there too, but that was really silly of him to have a Patreon asking for money for his uploads, it was only a matter of time until he got nabbed for that.

Malcy

Yeah the Patreon thing was really stupid. It was good for old stuff that people usually requested but most of the new stuff I can usually torrent. Still annoying though as I know people abroad who use it a lot and rely on it.

privatefriend

Any film sites have sign-ups/invites atm?

The only private tracker I'm on these days is orpheus.

Utter Shit

I've got invites for Speed.cd if anyone is interested (not sure how useful it would be for you privatefriend, it has some films but not a huge selection, mostly the big ones.

Also on the lookout for a private music site invite if anyone has any or knows of sites that are accepting sign-ups.

privatefriend

Quote from: Utter Shit on January 11, 2021, 03:16:30 PM
I've got invites for Speed.cd if anyone is interested (not sure how useful it would be for you privatefriend, it has some films but not a huge selection, mostly the big ones.

Also on the lookout for a private music site invite if anyone has any or knows of sites that are accepting sign-ups.

Thanks but it's probably not much use to a "buff" like me. I would invite you to a music tracker if I could. Seems to be harder to get on decent sites than it used to be.

Malcy

popcorn

Seemingly my VPN no longer allows torrents. Suggestions for services that do?

NoSleep

I've only just found out that Demonoid has returned for a fresh start. It's been started up by staff of the original site but you'll have to create a new account.

https://demonoid.is

Don't be duped by the scam site at demonoid.to

https://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-moves-away-from-to-domain-to-distance-itself-from-scam-site-191102/