Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:28:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard as fuck or smart as shit?

Started by Munday's Chylde, February 12, 2004, 09:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Intelligent. There's no-one in the world who can't be beaten in a fight if you get the first hit in, doesn't matter how weak you are (although you may need to use a weapon)
Although I wouldn't mind being someone like Tony Soprano for a day, just knowing that no fucker would dare mess with me lest they want to end up in the New Jersey river in a concrete hat

Krang

Thats the problem with being hard. Theres not really anyway to prove how hard you except for getting "beef" with someone else. Which could then escalate out of control.

I dont think any man would be hard enough to win a fight against a whole gang with or without weapons.

If you're intelligent, you can write an essay or something, or do really well play Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at home (although its harder in the hot-seat)

gazzyk1ns

Hehe Unicorn has it on one level, I'd rather be "untouchable" than super-hard because it would create less hassle for everyone.

Couldn't agree more with Waspy too though, all the people who say that intelligence will win most/all fights are clearly... well, wrong. Twats who go around fighting for fun all the time can't be reasoned with, it doesn't matter what you're saying... they're not listening. They want a fight.

Mundays, what are the details of this question? If I chose to be super hard, do I forfeit some intelligence? And if I chose to be super clever, do I forfeit some hardness? Or can I just pick one of those things to be enhanced and I stay 100% the same in every other way?

fanny splendid

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"all the people who say that intelligence will win most/all fights are clearly... well, wrong.

Well, that's me told. All my experiences were fooling me, obviously. Cheers for putting me right!

king mob

See if you can avoid a fight using brains or brawn

Click.

Ooooooh dont you just hate Neds?

fanny splendid

Not you, anyway.

Oh yeah, just fucking try it.

terminallyrelaxed

I'm about half and half. Rather be smarter than harder though. I wouldnt  worry about tese gangs much - just don't stop walking. If in any kind of confrotation with a group, you have to believe, really believe so that they can see it in your eyes, that the first one to hit you dies. Really dies. You will kill him. And everyone present knows no jury in the land will convict you, as you are faced with a group intent on doing you harm. If you are being mugged then killing isnt much of an option, as the judge will say it would have been better to give up your possessions than take a life - but then again you have the right to fight to keep your possessions. Anyway, back to the gang; its easily done. You know and they know they'll kick the shit out of you, but the hardest part for them to get past is who hits you first. Just remember; left hand on opponents chin, right hand on back of head; wrench clockwise - quickly.
The rest of them will either freeze or kill you , but hey one less pikey! Theres every channce your family will get some kind of posthumous award for your services to the state.

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"

Mundays, what are the details of this question? If I chose to be super hard, do I forfeit some intelligence? And if I chose to be super clever, do I forfeit some hardness? Or can I just pick one of those things to be enhanced and I stay 100% the same in every other way?

Well let's say your personality remains the same and the choice of 'add on' is:

* so hard everyone in your town knows you, respects you, keeps out of your way if you look moody and laughs at your rubbish jokes. Front of the queue at the chippy, that sort of thing - and of course the women flock to you because they like a bad boy and you can 'protect them'.

* so intelligent you never lose a single verbal argument with anybody ever, people ask your oppinion on important matters AND act on it. Your understanding of the world is so great that if you apply yourself you can come up with a theory of some nature that makes your name known all around the world (at least in academic circles).

Me? I want to be at the front of the chip shop with a couple of big hoop earing wearing mini-skirted slappers swinging off my ape like arms.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"

* so hard everyone in your town knows you, respects you, keeps out of your way if you look moody and laughs at your rubbish jokes. Front of the queue at the chippy, that sort of thing - and of course the women flock to you because they like a bad boy and you can 'protect them'.

* so intelligent you never lose a single verbal argument with anybody ever, people ask your oppinion on important matters AND act on it. Your understanding of the world is so great that if you apply yourself you can come up with a theory of some nature that makes your name known all around the world (at least in academic circles).

Jeremy Paxman?

Rats

Can I be drop dead gorgeous instead? I don't like the sound of either of those.

TraceyQ

You really wouldnt want to be, Rats. All I ever get is hassle and lovelorn suitors chucking themselves into the cut when I reject them.

Quote from: "Rats"Can I be drop dead gorgeous instead? I don't like the sound of either of those.

If you must, but I couldnt set that alternative myself as I was trying to keep this all hypothetical.

Rats

It works though. It's the missing piece. You don't need to be smart or good looking if you're hard, you don't need to be good looking or hard if you're smart and you don't need to be hard or smart if you're good looking.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Rats"...and you don't need to be hard or smart if you're good looking.

Raging Bull.

Lt Plonker

I'd rather be pleasant, thanks very much. :)

Still, having a Groucho Marx-like rapier wit would be good fun but I'd proabably last all of 4 seconds in Romford, at night.

Mister Six

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Me? I want to be at the front of the chip shop with a couple of big hoop earing wearing mini-skirted slappers swinging off my ape like arms.

Or, indeed, off your arms like apes.

I'm still voting Napoleon of Crime. That way I can get you to buy my chips - and whilst you're screwing some chamois-skinned short-skirted slag, I'm dining with beautiful, sophisticated women. Who like chips.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "fanny splendid"
Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"all the people who say that intelligence will win most/all fights are clearly... well, wrong.

Well, that's me told. All my experiences were fooling me, obviously. Cheers for putting me right!

If intelligence can get you out of fights then why is Stephen Hawking regularly in hospital, having been physically assaulted?

If intelligence can get you out of fights then why is Stephen Hawking regularly in hospital, having been physically assaulted?

Because he's always mouthin off innee? Givvin it all that.

mook

Is it because he is an arrogant and bitter man, who knows deep down that he would never have made as many millions of pounds if he wasn't in his trade mark wheelchair?

Smackhead Kangaroo

Answer; he can't type fast enough

I'd like to say that I look down on wanting to be "hard" in the that context where you're a "hardman" like osme old fashioned british gangster. It strikes me as something of a limited goal, not to mention is extremely superficial.
While everyone will laugh at your jokes and you'll have the tarts, there will always be a level of unease in your relationships with people, and I'd presume you'd have trouble discerning genuine friends from people who are jsut appeasing you, not to mention I'm not sure oyu can HAVe genuine friends when there's the threat that if they cross you in the slightest you'll set fire to their toupee and rape their dog.

On the matter of a choice. As someone said above you have to actively demonstrate hardness whenever you need people to know it. however it doesn't stop a group of scabs hassling you in hte carpark of sainsburys since as someone else said above, they don't give a shit (at least to start with)
Given this you might as well be intelligent, and buy their sorry arses. stripping them of their possessions and selling them into slavery or to a sausage factory.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "fanny splendid"

Maybe he's just not that bright, after all?