Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:25:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Escape the Room

Started by dandoystevski, April 23, 2014, 12:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandoystevski

Perhaps you can help, you[nb]arseholes[/nb].

A few years ago I lost many an hour to an Escape the Room game which I now can't for the beggaring life of me recall the name of.

Indeed the only detail I can remember was that one of the answers was Balrog. And that one of the "rooms" involved several clock faces...

It was brilliant as I'm sure is abundantly clear.

Given that most new forms of cultural frippery that I've discovered in recent years have come from the servers in Neil's shed rather than things like friends, I'm guessing that one of you know what I'm talking about.  Anyway if you know the name of this game I'd be briefly thankful if you could type it in here and give me some respite from my miserable arsefucking life. Seriously I need any distraction I can get.

Other Escape the Room games are available, of course, and so should also be mentioned. Maybe there's an anecdote you can squeeze in. Perhaps you met your current wife inside one? Maybe you're waiting to "escape the room"[nb]toilet[/nb] she's in?[nb] divorce[/nb] Hee.[nb] cough[/nb]

Do tell.[nb] fuck off[/nb]

There's so many Escape the Room games around. The absolute top one, which potentially might be the one you're thinking of, is "The Room" and the recently released "The Room 2". Best on iPhones/iPad/android/phone shit, but I think it's also on the 'pooters.

Not entirely sure if that's the one you're thinking of or if it's a different one.

I DON'T KNOW. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK. GET OFF MY BACK, GUY.

dandoystevski

Bless you for tip (I'm in no way capable of administering blessings so not sure how far that goes).

About ten minutes after starting the thread I found the one I was vaguely remembering and it's called God Tower

http://www.godtower.com.

Anyone else played it?

It's marvellous, though nearly ten years old so not really functional for playing on smartphones. It gets ridiculously tricky, though that's the point, other wise they'd be called Walk Into Rooms and Then Into Another.

I shall check out your The Room and compare it. Let me tell you, if it falls shy you'll be in for a mud pack treatment and don't you mark my words.[nb] despite using Swype, every word of that sentence is correct. Unbelievable isn't it.[/nb] Cheers.