Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:01:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unbelievably cringey YouTube stuff

Started by Retinend, May 01, 2014, 01:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ptolemy Ptarmigan on November 16, 2016, 02:06:53 AM
Are you serious?

Yes.

No.

Maybe?

Honestly, I don't know.  I'm suffering from chronic toothache and have been jacked up to the nines on strong painkillers these past few days, completely spaced out.  My brain's floating in a mire of confusion.  Who are you and what do you want?

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on November 16, 2016, 05:02:02 AM
De-greasing pizzas, the right way. This is what insanity looks like.

Insanity is right.  Everyone knows that the grease of a pizza is the only part worth a damn!  Now, a video on how to dispose of the troublesome pizza and its worthless toppings, whilst retaining the delicious nectar of its grease would be a useful and instructive thing indeed.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: St_Eddie on November 16, 2016, 03:07:23 PM
Honestly, I don't know.  I'm suffering from chronic toothache and have been jacked up to the nines on strong painkillers these past few days, completely spaced out.  My brain's floating in a mire of confusion.  Who are you and what do you want?

The bloke whose video you were mocking is clearly a bit special, so it seems a bit harsh to make fun of him.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on November 16, 2016, 05:02:02 AM
De-greasing pizzas, the right way. This is what insanity looks like.

W-What's that? What's this you ask? What's this book that's in no way strategically placed next to me so as to be clearly visible to the camera? Oh how did that get there completely by accident? Have you read it? Its great. Yes, I am the author as it happens now back to pizza v human toes proximity queasiness.

St_Eddie

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on November 16, 2016, 03:48:35 PM
The bloke whose video you were mocking is clearly a bit special, so it seems a bit harsh to make fun of him.

Yeah, to be honest; I didn't pick up on that possibility at first, until after I'd posted and looked at some of his other videos.  I wouldn't have posted in the first place if I'd known beforehand and if Neil would care to remove that particular post of mine out of respect for the guy in question, then I'd be supportive of such an action.

For the record, I myself suffer from various mental health issues[nb]Severe social phobia (to the point of agoraphobia) and severe depression/anxiety.  I don't want a medal or anything.  I'm just saying that I...  no fuck it, I do want a medal.  Post haste.[/nb] and have had more than my share of bullying and belittlement for suffering from something which I can't help, my whole life.  It's saddens me to know that I did likewise to someone else, albeit without realising that the fellow even had mental health issues to begin with.  I shall endeavour to be more careful and perceptive in future.

Twed

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 16, 2016, 04:05:03 PM
W-What's that? What's this you ask? What's this book that's in no way strategically placed next to me so as to be clearly visible to the camera? Oh how did that get there completely by accident? Have you read it? Its great. Yes, I am the author as it happens now back to pizza v human toes proximity queasiness.
The bloke whose video you were mocking is clearly a bit special. Most people (even, strangely enough, people who we'd probably categorise as alt-righter types) usually approach him with a sense of respectful curiosity.

You never need to worry about this guy's peculiarities being documented, as he'll already have done it himself: http://www.ulillillia.us/aboutmeindex.shtml

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on November 16, 2016, 04:12:00 PM
The bloke whose video you were mocking is clearly a bit special. Most people (even, strangely enough, people who we'd probably categorise as alt-righter types) usually approach him with a sense of respectful curiosity.

You never need to worry about this guy's peculiarities being documented, as he'll already have done it himself: http://www.ulillillia.us/aboutmeindex.shtml

I feel really bad now.  I honestly had initially thought that he was just a bit of an oddball (reminded me of a younger version of the bloke with a cat table from Gogglebox).  Trust me, I have spent my whole life surrounded by mental illness (both my own, a large proportion of my friends and various other folk down at my local MIND social centre).  I'm far from insensitive to such issues, though as evidenced, I can sometimes fail to recognise it in other people (likely due to my aforementioned exposure to such things; its all become rather normalised for myself at this point).

Anyway, if anyone would care to spend their daily point to give me some much deserved negative karma, then that would be appreciated.  Then hopefully we can all move on...

EDIT: Oh, your comment was aimed at the pizza guy video linked to by Spoon!  I guess it's surprisingly easy to accidentally have a pop at people with mental health issues.  It's a bloody minefield out there!

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Twed on November 16, 2016, 04:12:00 PM

Was having a go at the product (and toe) placement in the video is all. I'd not come across Ulillillia before. I'll take a look at that site you've linked.

Twed

I'm not having a go, no judgement dished out on this one, I was just echoing marquis' comment for comic effect, and to spread a little Ulilililililialialiala awareness. I think he's fascinating and quite enjoyable.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Twed on November 16, 2016, 05:24:37 PM
I think he's fascinating and quite enjoyable.

I think I may end up having to agree with you on that score.