Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:33:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Michael Moore on Chris Morris' Breezeblock Set.

Started by Dusty Substance, May 05, 2014, 09:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Substance

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I had a quick look but found nowt, but what's the general opinion on Michael Moore's appearence on Morris' Breezeblock set?

Of all the celebrity prank interviews I feel Moore was the least taken in by Morris' technique, even coming back with the "Crime fighting chicken, Crackers" line.

Michael Moore, like him, hate him or indifferent to him, is a pretty smart bloke.

Not sure about Brett Easton Ellis though. He obviously seems wary of Morris. The bit where he says "Not being able to trust someone - That's very scary", always made me wonder if that was directed at Morris.

Any thoughts on this? Cheers.

Ian Benson

Moore's show at the time did actually have a chicken called Crackers in it.

I used to watch a lot of The Awful Truth, and I think Michael Moore is taken in by Morris with those. He's cautious, but as Ian Benson pointed out, that Crime-Fighting Chicken reference isn't just a silly comeback, he's being genuine there.

The Brett Easton Ellis one on the other hand always left me feeling uncomfortable. I don't find that one funny, it's just awkward for me, because I don't feel Bret Easton Ellis is really giving him anything because it's so obvious that Morris is being silly, but Bret's just trying to be polite. It's that general prank kinda thing. I don't know.