Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:51:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FIFA World Cup 2014

Started by doppelkorn, May 11, 2014, 05:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Yeh, Germans and celebrations...they sure like to party, unfortunately their version of "party" is the cheesiest, most cringeworthy spectacle this side of Widdecombe and Black Lace's Agadoo circa 1987

imitationleather

I bet the Krauts know nothing about being stoic in defeat like what the English pack of bastards do. Heads hung at pretty much 90 degree angles and still managing to walk off a plane. There's nothing more English than that.

George Oscar Bluth II

When Italy won it in 06 I was in Rome, and they paraded the trophy round in a bus and were followed by LITERALLY EVERY SCOOTER IN ITALY, honking their horns, waving flags and shit. Was well good.

mook

i saw a bit of celebrations but turned it off when i saw that all the german team was wearing mercedes benz t-shirts. outrageous, should have been MARFRIG.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on July 16, 2014, 07:47:56 AM
I bet the Krauts know nothing about being stoic in defeat like what the English pack of bastards do. Heads hung at pretty much 90 degree angles and still managing to walk off a plane. There's nothing more English than that.

It was our Dunkirk.

And you know how the song goes:

"Two world wars and 1 world cup and the evaporation of the british empire to your 0 world wars and ultimate economic domination and four world cups - Doo daaah doo daah"

Head Gardener

Thursday

Just thought you'd all like to know Chelsea are currently 1-0 up in the pre-season friendly against Wycombe Wanderers.

This is what it's all about.

BlodwynPig

Just popping in to say that Tranmere recorded an emphatic 4-1 win over Vauxhall Motors last night after an even more comprehensive 5-0 win over Cammell Laird on Monday.

We'll be taking Europe by storm next season.

Cammell Laird's fabulous MBS Stadium

Thursday

I love football pitches so small, there's a genuine possibility a player could break a residents window.

5-0 it finished.

HappyTree

My friends and I had 3 (three) games of Dixit the other day. Kristiina won one, I one another and then three (3) of us all won the third game at the same time. Poor old Mart lost them all but he seemed to take it in his stride.

imitationleather

Quote from: Thursday on July 16, 2014, 09:05:09 PM
I love football pitches so small, there's a genuine possibility a player could break a residents window.

5-0 it finished.

It's not the pitch which is small as that would be against regulations and lead to a tribunal at the FA.

It's the ground.

Thursday

Yes that's the word I was looking for, I was going to say stadium at first but it didn't really seem like you could call it a stadium.

England are down to 20th in new FIFA Rankings http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/17/england-20th-fifa-world-rankings-germany-top

Top 20 ranked teams

1 Germany
2 Argentina
3 Holland
4 Colombia
5 Belgium
6 Uruguay
7 Brazil
8 Spain
9 Switzerland
10 France
11 Portugal
12 Chile
13 Greece
14 Italy
15 USA
16 Costa Rica
17 Croatia
18 Mexico
19 Bosnia-Herzegovina
20 England

The Plunger

Taken from Popbitch :

Quote>> Fight or flight? <<
BBC v ITV lounge rematch
Fraught scenes in Rio's airport lounge on Monday. The ITV World Cup team (led by Chiles and Hoddle) got into the lounge first and huddled down at one end. The BBC team arrived a little later and, presumably wishing to avoid an Anchorman-style face-off, Lineker and Rio elected to stand at the furthest possible point from Chiles and co. Even though that meant having to loiter by the toilets.

Other titbits from Club Class:

* Alan Shearer "looked like he'd put his head under a hot grill"
* Gary Lineker needed extra help from the air stewards to sort his seat out before landing
* Andy Townsend was very polite but Billy No-Mates - seemed to be completely on his own
* No sign of Chiles - perhaps he travels first class?
* Alan Hansen waited for all the TV crew in Economy so he could thank them and shake their hand
* Glenn Hoddle didn't want to use the E-Passport gates so joined a massive queue to go through normal gates

Poor Andy, Clive.

BlodwynPig

Is Clive still doing the midnight Samba in Rio? All alone on the beach, fucked on caipirinhas, hollering "Viva Espana" into the sea.