Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CAB COLD WAR!

Started by Hangthebuggers, May 29, 2014, 06:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

Anyone remember this game? http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=37779.0

It was alright wasn't it? A bit of a lark. Bit of innocent fun.... That is, until someone mentioned that maybe the best way to introduce new members to a comedy forum was by not hitting them with karmic sniper bullets and ruining things for everyone...

Well anyway, maybe we could try a new game. But this time with only willing participants, so as to avoid any moaning.

In the spirit of the looming threat of nuclear obliteration from either Bad Korea or Russia or America or someone. We could try and 'lighten the mood' with a bit of a forum game, reflecting these grisly times - with an all new CAB forum war.

I've not given any real thought to the rules besides something along the lines of...

Ten or twenty people sign up. For the next month. If any signed up member negs anyone (participant or not), they then leave themselves open to a MASS-NEGGING from other members of  N.E.G.

But of course, by responding to a neg with a stated N.E.G attack then leaves yourself wide open to other members of N.E.G. who may or may not N.E.G attack you, and thus possibly setting off a chain reaction. Or you could choose to play it cool for weeks and not neg anyone and then suddenly forget when a local troll emerges and you drunkenly call him a cunt.

The winner is maybe the person who receives the fewest N.E.G attacks this time next month or whenever we choose to start the game.

Anyone in? Rules can be discussed forthwith... Maybe we can add a tiny flag to participants avatars as a sign of our commitment?

Oh and there will be a very cheap and tacky prize for the winner. To the value of no more than £5.

syntaxerror

I thought this was going to be about the Eurasian Economic Union or something.

Surely the winner should be the person who has given out most NEG attacks after NEG attacks against them have been deducted? Other wise to win, nobody would NEG anyone.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 29, 2014, 07:09:03 PM
Surely the winner should be the person who has given out most NEG attacks after NEG attacks against them have been deducted? Other wise to win, nobody would NEG anyone.

Yes, this makes more sense.

Buelligan

Yes, that makes absolute sense.  I'm not doing it though, I only neg for parity or when severely pressed, I couldn't possibly squeeze even one out just for the hell of it.

Treguard of Dunshelm

I am so fucking hard right now.

Mr Eggs

'User MAX smiting other users' signing in.

Hangthebuggers

Hangthebuggers
Treguard of Dunshelm
Mr Eggs

MojoJojo

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 29, 2014, 07:09:03 PM

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

alcoholic messiah

Here's a little entrée to the main course:

Between now and the end of the month[nb]UK time, i.e. in just under 30 hours.[/nb], the last person to award me negative karma each hour[nb]The hour begins at xx:00:00 and ends at xx:59:59.[/nb] scores one point[nb]If I haven't received any negs during a particular hour, no point will be awarded.[/nb].

I will award 50 positive karmas to the person that accumulates the most points[nb]If two or more players have the same high score, the last one of them to earn a point will be the winner.[/nb].

alcoholic messiah

Mr Eggs takes an early lead...

alcoholic messiah

Stealthy novice No point awarded overtakes Mr Eggs on the outside...

alcoholic messiah

... but a ramshackle enabling refuge for craven, witless eunuchs?

alcoholic messiah

Q: What do you get if you marinate scrapings of stillborn afterbirth from the rim of a public toilet in the moral fortitude of France's Vichy regime?

A:
Spoiler alert
The posters of the C&B.
[close]

alcoholic messiah

Q: What do you get if you repeatedly dilute the triturated DNA molecules of a random sampling of CaBbers in alcohol?

A:
Spoiler alert
A homeopathic cure for torpor.
[close]

Birdie

Are you getting grumpy again alcomess?

To be honest, I couldn't understand HTB's original rules for his game and it has got steadily more confusing.

I'm more of a 'guess what number I'm thinking of' sort of player. Soz:(

alcoholic messiah

I'm feeling capricious[nb]Probably because MY PARTNER IS A CUNT.[/nb]. Rile me at your own peril, you pestilent gusset of a tramp's pants.

Edit log:

1. Forgot to insult you. Sorry about that.
2. Neglected to mention what a CUNT my partner is. Fixed.

Hangthebuggers

Sorry, I haven't really thought this through to be honest. I'll tackle the rules tomorrow when I'm sober. Although I notice the dastardly Mr Eggs is already on a rampage.

Good spirit. Good spirit indeed.

alcoholic messiah

pos karma pls shitlords xx

alcoholic messiah

Leaderboard

Player

With only eight more points still up for grabs, it looks like Mr Eggs is well on course for victory[nb]Which, frankly, is a relief. The mere thought of having to give 50 karmas to one of you other toilets fills me with utter disgust.[/nb].

alcoholic messiah

With just one more point to play for, we're in for a tense finish, with three people still capable of securing victory.

Sadly, they are all syphilitic worms, raised in the scabby ringpiece of a stray mongrel whose only sustenance was rancid own brand haggis sourced from a skip behind the Lidl in Croydon Southsea[nb]AKA "Birdie's spiritual home"[/nb].

'citing...

Edit log:

1. Original post lacked gratuitous vilification. All better now.
2. Trying to make Birdie feel less excluded.

Birdie

I wish I understood what was going on.

In this thread I mean. In general, I have a handle on things. I think.

Hangthebuggers

I think alcoholic messiah and Mr Eggs have gone rogue. This is why we can't have nice things.

alcoholic messiah

And the winnerrrrr...

with a mighty final score of THREE POINTS...

is...

suh...

Treguard of Dunshelm!

You snuck into the party like a silent, deadly ninja, and ground their chump asses into the dirt.

Take a bow, son.

Birdie

Next week, let's have a meat raffle.