Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jesus & Mary Chain Psychocandy gigs 2014

Started by Vodka Margarine, June 04, 2014, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

A friend who was there said William couldn't play in time & the other guitarist did most of the heavy lifting.

I'm going to see them on Monday.

Jockice

"Guess this is as good a place as any to remind/ let people know of a documentary called The Outsiders that premieres tonight (Wed PM in to Thursday AM) at 12.05am on Channel 4. It's about the Glasgow indie/ School of Art scene in the mid 1980s. I'm hoping for shit loads of Pastels and no Duglas Stewart."

Arrgh. I missed this. Because I was out yesterday evening and didn't check this site when I got home. I wasn't in Glasgow at the time but I am from near there and would have undoubtedly been a Splash One regular if I'd had the chance. It's EXACTLY the sort of stuff I was into in the mid 80s.

I've tried putting The Outsiders into channel4.com but all I keep getting is stuff about sodding Derek.  I really want to see this but it looks like I'll have to wait a week until it's shown on the Dazed website.

gloria

Enjoyed them at Manchester Academy last night. The ear-shredding sound of their early stuff is recreated faithfully. William was plodding around semi-autistically like Tim Burton's tubby brother, his once chiseled features (that chin!) now submerged beneath layers of fat. He did seem to be in his own private musical world and didn't let the rest of the band impinge on his fun.  Jim forgot what song was next at one point ("Ye'd think I'd know the fuckin' setlist by now.")

Spiteface

Quote from: SteveDave on November 20, 2014, 01:25:20 AM
A friend who was there said William couldn't play in time & the other guitarist did most of the heavy lifting.

I was at the front last night, pretty much in front of both Reids, and I couldn't hear the other guitarist at all, apart from when he switched to some electro-acoutsic guitar for "Cut Dead", sounded like all William to me. Great gig.

Puce Moment

I'm assured by someone in the know that the noisiest lead guitar parts are definitely not William, sadly.

Spiteface

If that is the case, still sounded good to me!

I.D. Smith

Quote from: Jockice on November 20, 2014, 08:33:41 AM
I've tried putting The Outsiders into channel4.com but all I keep getting is stuff about sodding Derek.  I really want to see this but it looks like I'll have to wait a week until it's shown on the Dazed website.

Try typing in "Music Nation" on the 4oD search - it seems to be coming up for me on my 40D Xbox app thingymebob.

Jockice

Thanks. I'm going out tonight but I'll check it tomorrow.

the psyche intangible

Quote from: Puce Moment on November 22, 2014, 02:24:10 AM
I'm assured by someone in the know that the noisiest lead guitar parts are definitely not William, sadly.

Why is he not doing his noise then?

Pie?

I don't understand.

Puce Moment

That was precisely my question. Why would he get less good at doing the guitar as he gets older, especially given that the Psychocandy songs are pretty simple?

There was no satisfactory answer but I suspect he just can't be arsed.

CaledonianGonzo

Vodka Margarine

These lovely dour arseholes have chosen to play Brighton in Feb. I failed to resist. Being able to simply walk home from a gig is a beautiful thing.