Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:06:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.

Started by Bored of Canada, June 11, 2014, 02:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

The Witcher 3: Amazing Card Game (And a bit of a Wild Hunt Too I suppose)

Zetetic

Quote from: Chollis on June 17, 2019, 12:06:26 PM
Do any of the characters from the base game make it into the DLCs?
Other than Geralt, not really.

Zetetic

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Chollis on June 17, 2019, 12:58:56 PM
Yen :(

The DLCs are just standalone stories that don't really involve any of those characters so don't take it as read that they all die or anything. :)

Golden E. Pump

Hang on, Blood and Wine has two of the major supporting characters in it!

Zetetic

Not really.

Unless I've forgotten something significant.

Golden E. Pump

They're definitely there. I don't want to spoil but one appears at your house and one appears if you get locked up.

Zetetic

Well, you've kind of spoilt it now (while the answer remains 'Not really').

Golden E. Pump

Chollis

Finished the main thing. Feel quite sad. Hell of a game, one of the best I've ever played. The world, the story, the aesthetics, the characters, the voice acting. Considering its age it looks wonderful on my PC on Ultra settings. Must be the pinnacle of RPG? I've never played Dark Souls though, and Skyrim though beautiful became a chore. Only thing letting it down is the combat, that may just be me playing the Fast Attack build though, always just go for aggressive/fast swordplay in these things though rather than ranged/spellcasting.

Think I got a decent ending (spoilers):

Killed bald cunt Radovid and fat cunt Dijkstra so Charles Dance wins the war and lets "the north" be a vassal state
Cerys brings enlightened rule to Skellige as Queen
Ciri fucks off to Nilfgaard (would've preferred her as a Witcher, but at least she's not dead)
Me and Yen live happily after

Onto HoS and then B & W now!

Chollis

Am mate. Loving it. Not ready to leave this world behind just yet :')

Is the Runewright worth grinding gold for? Seems like it's about 30k to get the good stuff and I'm on about 20k at the moment after costs spiralled rapidly out of control for my Mastercrafted Feline gear

bgmnts

Finally got round to the Wine and Blood DLC after finishing this game five years ago (jesus). Fair play it's well worth the original price it was sold at, it's massive. I was expecting a mission or two, some kind of mission set at dinner party where its mostly talking, puzzle solving and decision making but fuck me they really went all out.

falafel

Me too. I started it last year and have been ekeing it out for months now. I would never have expected just how much this game has dominated my play time over the past few years, and i can't believe it's four years old...

bgmnts

How addictive is Gwent mind? Fuck me.

falafel

Haha fuck that, I hate Gwent! Card games have always been lost on me. I haven't won a single round as far as i can remember, no clue how it's supposed to play out and have zero interest in learning.

What I do love is that they plonked in this card game that you don't have to really do anything with. Worked out all the mechanics and everything and then put it in the middle of this massive game as an optional extra for people who like that sort of thing. Value!

bgmnts

Awww mate it's fucking quality! Actually quite easy to get to grips with once you understand the basic rule and develop some decent decks. It's MUCH better than the shit dice game in Witcher 2.

bgmnts

Got fed up of the Duchess by the end of this main story line and gave her a bit of lip. What a cunt.

I love Regis though. Good vampires are always cool in my book, plus anyone with mutton chops and a HAIIRRR IIIISLAAAND deserves respect.

bgmnts

Holy shit this game just went full on mental, the end game is huuuuge.

Chollis

Blood and Wine? Yeah I'd had just about enough of the Duquessa's shit by the end. Just wanted everything to be reet for Regis, absolute GBOL. How nice does Toussaint look? I'm playing through the whole thing again on New Game+  :)

bgmnts

Quote from: Chollis on July 02, 2019, 10:45:15 AM
Blood and Wine? Yeah I'd had just about enough of the Duquessa's shit by the end. Just wanted everything to be reet for Regis, absolute GBOL. How nice does Toussaint look? I'm playing through the whole thing again on New Game+  :)

Aye it would have been ace if this part of the game was in the base game itself but it definitely feels like an epilogue adventure.
Don't think I can be arsed playing it again it was massive but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

falafel

Finished it myself tonight. Cracking value. Uninstalled immediately lest I be tempted to fanny about with side quests. My backlog isn't getting any shorter.