Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.

Started by Bored of Canada, June 11, 2014, 02:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brat-sampson

Quote from: Pit-Pat on June 01, 2015, 10:18:01 AM
Can you change the difficulty in-game?

Yup, just go to the options. The main gameplay difference is that on the top two tiers, meditating doesn't restore health, but tbh after you get a Swallow potion or better that's not really a big deal at all. Otherwise, things hit harder/smarter (though don't get health buffs, which is nice) and exp comes more slowly.

Pit-Pat

Brilliant - cheers. I'll turn it up a notch I think then!

mobias

Fuck sake I'm totally loving this game. I just did that side quest where you track down that babe witch to her cottage but she disappears through a magical portal through to her own sexy enchanted grotto. I followed her through and she was bathing. Geralt got a good look of her pert nicely sized knockers. I've now joined her on some underworld adventure. I've really no idea whats going on but it doesn't actually matter. The point is its fucking ace! And that was all after I did the mission where the Baron's aborted baby fetus rises from the grave as a kind of demonic baby only to turn into a cute little floating ghost. Epic! 

I seem to be getting really engrossed and drawn into this world in a way I have't done in a game for ages. Read Dead Redemption at its best kind of had the same effect. I do find I'm seeing various cross overs of the two games. Witcher 3 was clearly influenced by it. Its far more fun and better written though.

Am I right in thinking you can't do these side missions again once you've done them? I want to see that witch naked in her sexy enchanted grotto all over again.

Pit-Pat

If you play your cards right (and I don't mean Gwent) you just may be seeing those pert knockers again.

Also, this

Bhazor

Well the Source film maker models of Witcher 3 are coming out so expect lots of 3 second gifs of mechanical rutting any time now. Probably with a dog on top. And Triss with a massive cock and an anus like a collapsed star.

I cannae wait.

mobias

New patch on the way...

Hi everyone,

As you know we don't stop working to keep bringing you new updates - I just wanted to give you a heads-up of what to expect in the upcoming patch. The list below is a part of the change log for the 1.04/1.05. There will be a lot more fixes on the way - here's the breakdown of the most requested changes:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

mobias

Quote from: Pit-Pat on June 02, 2015, 08:47:33 AM
If you play your cards right (and I don't mean Gwent) you just may be seeing those pert knockers again.

Also, this

That link made me laugh. Its quite funny playing through this game and seeing how badass and cool Geralt is in the cut scenes only for me to take control and then have his ass repeatedly handed to him by pretty much everybody. I am getting better though and in fact playing a bit of Bloodborne has really helped. I try to stand back and let would be attackers come at me rather than going in all guns blazing. A strategy that seems to be working.

I've got a question re the taking of XP rather than money for doing contract jobs. Presumably there's quite often a trade off otherwise how are you ever able to afford to buy new swords, armour etc for yourself as you level up? I seem to be continuously broke at the moment anyway. I'm about level 7 I think now.

Once again I'll say how bowled over by this game. I'm totally loving it. One thing I think it could do with though is a similar third person camera set up to GTAV where by you could choose the distance you are away from Geralt. Considering the amount of detail there is in the world it would kind of nice sometimes to be able to get in a little closer to take it all in.   

Pit-Pat

I tended to take the money from quests (in my role-playing of the game I'm going by the Witcher's Code of getting paid to kill monsters) but I found that just continually picking up everyone's discarded swords and other equipment and just selling the lot has made me fairly comfortably off. To be fair though, I think I'm around level 20, and I was definitely a lot poorer earlier on in the game. But I'd pick up and sell as much as possible, even though you won't earn much from individual items.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: mobias on June 04, 2015, 08:59:00 PM
I seem to be continuously broke at the moment anyway. I'm about level 7 I think now.

Me too, but I'm finding it quite refreshing. It's nice having to think about trade-offs and having to chose which of my valuable possessions to sell for a cooked chicken or alchemy ingredient. It feels nice having to work for upgrades and new things. I'd advise going for monster nests as they tend to turn up a valuable piece of jewellery every so often. I've got a couple of ruby rings held back for a rainy day.

I do seem to be having trouble finding diagrams for new items and potions though. There are SO many different ingredients and elements and materials that I'm imagining there to be a similar deluge of crafting instructions knocking about somewhere. Having said that, if you're after an axe handle, I'm yer Witcher.

My favourite part of the game is constantly being told to fuck off by everyone.

Mobius

As much as I love this game, and sprawling epic RPGs in general... I've reached Skellige after hours and hours of playtime and fuck me it's so massive, I almost can't be bothered. I've gone back to the other places for a bit to tidy my quest log up, before jumping into a whole new zone.

I wish you could sort your quest log by region or something, or whatever is closest/most convenient for you to do. It's ruddy annoying constantly having to flick past all the quests that are 20 levels too high for you. Also why can't you filter the crafting menus to only show shit you've got materials for!

mobias

Quote from: Mobius on June 05, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
As much as I love this game, and sprawling epic RPGs in general... I've reached Skellige after hours and hours of playtime and fuck me it's so massive, I almost can't be bothered.

If you try not to use fast travel as much the map isn't quite as big as it appears I don't think. Going across country at full speed on your horse gets you across it fairly quickly. I was a bit disappointed to find out you can just ride all the way to Kaer Morhen. It seems its another area thats story specific like White Orchard.

Has DLC been talked about for this game? I wonder if they'll unlock other areas and have whole new adventures there?

edit. Ah there is. Coming early next year apparently. This game is going to give me a lot of entertainment http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/7/8363739/the-witcher-3-dlc-expansions-hearts-of-stone-blood-and-wine

hoverdonkey

I'm really enjoying this too. Not far in. Just tracking a witch.  I have found that I prefer walking to horsing because when I'm on my horse there's stuff I think I'd be interested in but can't be arsed getting on and off the old nag

mobias

Quote from: hoverdonkey on June 06, 2015, 03:23:49 PM
I'm really enjoying this too. Not far in. Just tracking a witch.  I have found that I prefer walking to horsing because when I'm on my horse there's stuff I think I'd be interested in but can't be arsed getting on and off the old nag

The horse mounting/dismounting is a bit unresponsive sometimes. I find myself hitting X when I'm next to the horse and nothing happening fairly frequently. Its a pain if you're getting chased and want to get away from somewhere quickly. I can kind of see why critics drew the game out for some of its more clunky game play mechanics that aren't as refined as they should be.

ps if its the witch Kiera Metz you're tracking stay on the right side of her. The rewards are well worth it. If you don't fall out with her it sounds like she's useful much later in the game too.

hoverdonkey

Don't worry, I'm always uber nice to the female characters. I've not seen any boobs yet and am getting desperate. I even went back to that woman in White Orchard a few days after helping save her friend, but no action.

Thursday

Does the music have to be so depressing? I'm wandering around these beautiful locations but the music is really bringing the mood down, will have to turn that down.

mobias

Quote from: hoverdonkey on June 06, 2015, 03:44:36 PM
Don't worry, I'm always uber nice to the female characters. I've not seen any boobs yet and am getting desperate.

Kiera Metz boobs were the first I saw and pretty amazing there were too. Stay on her good side and she'll give a couple of little quests to follow. Then you'll see her boobs again plus a whole lot else ;)

Quote from: Thursday on June 06, 2015, 04:08:40 PM
Does the music have to be so depressing? I'm wandering around these beautiful locations but the music is really bringing the mood down, will have to turn that down.

I just find the music a bit repetitive. If you've got the Spotify app then just stream your own. I was playing earlier to day whilst listening to Dreadzone, that worked quite well. Might try a few suitable soundtracks and make a playlist. This tune really has to be part of any Witcher 3 soundtrack though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdKqbboCXSI

Thursday

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. (Got the PC version and at first I didn't seem to be able to run it without crashing, but it seems to be fixed now, even if I am doing the constant tweaking for the perfect balance between looks and framerate)

It's a lot like Skyrim but just better. Even though I'm doing fairly standard sidequests, they've all just got that something extra that makes them more compelling. In Skyrim I'd find myself skimming the dialogue so I can get the bare essentials. Here I actually listen to all the scenes, and if there's not much to the quest they'll usually take an interesting turn. Combat's okay, but a bit awkward. I might just need to get the hang of it.

I put a couple of hours into this today, much better now I can see the text and I've just stuck to the main quests, that's obviously what they want you to do and the game actually flows very well. Good narrative stuff. I was probably corrupted by Skyrim where it's more fun roaming off and doing any old stuff because levelling is no thing. You can't really do that with this, too much baddies who are hardbodies.

brat-sampson

Loving some of the smaller changes in the new patch. It's removed the annoying popup that occurred whenever you went from using KB/M to Controller on the PC meaning everything's now seamless (F5 quicksaving, mouse for inventory etc) which is nice. The text's noticeably bigger and the filters on alchemy/crafting are, well, they're a good start. Removing Alchemy stuff you already have is good enough for now.

Skellige and it's music is gorgeous, but fighting harpies/sirens while on platforms/ledges is dumb as hell. Also, what I thought would be close to the end of the game... isn't. The overall structure's come into place but there's still a good ways to go.

Final note for now is to stress how much I love the humour in this game. It always feels real, not like jokes for the sake of jokes, but jokes because characters have a good sense of when to make light of things and happen to be funny. Sometimes if it's not appropriate or it's just plain immature they get chastised, it just feels so right. I will treasure every one of Geralt's amused expressions and Dad jokes for a long time, and there's a later scene with a piss-up that's brilliant.

hoverdonkey

Stumbled upon two guards quoting three lines from Pulp Fiction tonight, which made me beam like an idiot

Thursday

Not shagged anyone yet, but saw a witch's tits while she was bathing.

Bhazor

mobias

Quote from: Thursday on June 08, 2015, 12:32:03 AM
Not shagged anyone yet, but saw a witch's tits while she was bathing.

Thats Kiera Metz. She's my favourite witch so far. Try and stay on her good side, you'll get a whole lot more.

Pit-Pat

Quote from: Kiera Metz's pimp=topic=42764.msg2549948#msg2549948 date=1433749782
Thats Kiera Metz. She's my favourite witch so far. Try and stay on her good side, you'll get a whole lot more.

Hank_Kingsley

I ended up
Spoiler alert
shagging and killing
[close]
Keira. I'm now worried I've
Spoiler alert
missed out on something down the line
[close]

I'm also
Spoiler alert
full of remorse
[close]
knowing that I'll not
Spoiler alert
see those boobs again
[close]

Pit-Pat

I did exactly the same. Glad it was in that order though.

mobias

Had another excellent session with this this evening. Just did the Crones of Crookback Bog missions and the possessed ancient oak tree. I'm not sure I made the right decision at the end of that one actually.  All very eerie, great atmosphere throughout. Some of this game really reminds me of Clive Barker's early books. I used to be really into reading his stuff in the late 80's and early 90's. Its that kind of dark fantasy horror mixed with general Lord of the Rings type sword and sorcery stuff. It draws on a lot of influences and mixes them up really well.

Quote from: Hank_Kingsley on June 08, 2015, 11:53:44 AM
I ended up
Spoiler alert
shagging and killing
[close]
Keira. I'm now worried I've
Spoiler alert
missed out on something down the line
[close]

I'm also
Spoiler alert
full of remorse
[close]
knowing that I'll not
Spoiler alert
see those boobs again
[close]

Spoiler  -
Spoiler alert
I let her live. Firstly because I wanted to see those knockers again and secondly because I read she does indeed come in useful later on in the game. From doing a bit of digging it seems the way you handle relationships with all the different women in the game does have seem quite profound consequences much later on. You don't want to mess people about, put it that way.
[close]

Hank_Kingsley

This game is really good. Unlike Skyrim I have the feeling I'll have learned some important life lessons by the end.

mook

i still can't get into it. i don't know what it is though. from what i seen so far the dialogue is far better than skyrim & the story looks like it's going to be far better too. fuck knows, perhaps i've just finally out grown games!

Hank_Kingsley

Quote from: mook on June 09, 2015, 10:29:02 AM
i still can't get into it. i don't know what it is though. from what i seen so far the dialogue is far better than skyrim & the story looks like it's going to be far better too. fuck knows, perhaps i've just finally out grown games!
maybe you're depressed?