Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:42:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2014/15

Started by thraxx, June 12, 2014, 05:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thraxx

¡Carumba!  Ese mae es un carepicha!

Deanjam

Chelsea are lucky Everton passed on him. Wonder who our multi-million pound signing will be?!!![nb]My first post in this thread may as well be bullshit. Start as I mean to go on.[/nb]

thraxx

Quote from: Deanjam on June 12, 2014, 05:28:45 PM
Chelsea are lucky Everton passed on him. Wonder who our multi-million pound signing will be?!!![nb]My first post in this thread may as well be bullshit. Start as I mean to go on.[/nb]

The smart money appears to be on Hakim Ziyech.  No I don't know who he is and if he's any good either.

mook

i've had to ad-block that picture. fucking chelsea.

Deanjam

Quote from: thraxx on June 12, 2014, 05:32:00 PM
The smart money appears to be on Hakim Ziyech.  No I don't know who he is and if he's any good either.

Our record with attacking Dutch players in recent time ain't too great.

Pisshead

Fatboy

monkfromhavana

Wasn't Van Der Meyde a pisshead too?

thraxx

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 12, 2014, 07:06:18 PM
Wasn't Van Der Meyde a pisshead too?

He was a beer user yes, and he was on the old beak.

Deanjam

Five more years of Beautiful Bobby. Lovely.

thraxx

Sagna has signed for Man City - wages were not disclosed, but it's though that it'll keep him in a shit load of hairbeads.

vrailaine

The figures being tossed about sound mental, 3 years of £140k p/w for a 31 year old right back.

holyzombiejesus

Yes! The League Cup draw has been drawed/ drawn/ drew. You can take your World Cup and shove it up your arse. Look! It's like a lovely jacket potato.

Oldham Athletic v Middlesbrough
Shrewsbury Town v Blackpool
Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County
Tranmere Rovers v Nottingham Forest
Leeds United v Accrington Stanley
Bolton Wanderers v Bury
Rochdale v Preston North End
Rotherham United v Fleetwood Town
Carlisle United v Derby County
Port Vale v Hartlepool United
Morecambe v Bradford City
Barnsley v Crewe Alexandra
Chesterfield v Huddersfield Town
Blackburn Rovers v Scunthorpe United
Burton Albion v Wigan Athletic
York City v Doncaster Rovers
Sheffield United v Mansfield Town
Reading v Newport County
Bristol City v Oxford United
Brighton & Hove Albion v Cheltenham Town
Coventry City v Cardiff City
Luton Town v Swindon Town
Dagenham & Redbridge v Brentford
Charlton Athletic v Colchester United
Crawley Town v Ipswich Town
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Northampton Town
Yeovil Town v Gillingham
Milton Keynes Dons v AFC Wimbledon
Exeter City v AFC Bournemouth
Stevenage v Watford
Plymouth Argyle v Leyton Orient
Birmingham City v Cambridge Untied
Portsmouth v Peterborough United
Millwall v Wycombe Wanderers
Southend United v Walsall

BlodwynPig

Some needle there with us getting Forest. *Koeman's spine tingles*

Cleaners From Venus

I automatically checked for who Torquay got then. *sighs*

doppelkorn

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Cleaners From Venus on June 17, 2014, 11:35:32 AM
I automatically checked for who Torquay got then. *sighs*

You'll take part in the Vase and Trophy, won't you? Are they regionalised (if that's the word?)? For a team like Torquay, cups like those must be pretty much loss making exercises. I think there's probably a good argument out there for some kind of regionalisation of the lower leagues at some level.

Cleaners From Venus

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 17, 2014, 02:39:33 PM
You'll take part in the Vase and Trophy, won't you? Are they regionalised (if that's the word?)? For a team like Torquay, cups like those must be pretty much loss making exercises. I think there's probably a good argument out there for some kind of regionalisation of the lower leagues at some level.

Yes, the regionalisation argument comes up quite a bit. However, when Torquay were last in the conference, although they lost the TV money, their gates went up because they were consistently at the top end of the league, so money-wise they were on an even keel. I'm not for it myself, but I'm sure that some clubs would be for it because of the obvious savings in travel costs.

chand

Fixtures are out now. United start at home to Swansea, then go to Sunderland, then have all three promoted teams in a row. Couple this cushy opening with both Van Gaal and Marouane Fellaini's imperious World Cup form and it's hard to imagine a scenario where we fail to win the title back next season.

Old Thrashbarg

I predict Newcastle will be top at the end of October and bottom half by the start of January.

SpiderChrist

Peterborough v Pompey is the sort of tie that makes me wish Al Qaeda were a bit more active.

doppelkorn

Quote from: SpiderChrist on June 18, 2014, 01:19:53 PM
Peterborough v Pompey is the sort of tie that makes me wish Al Qaeda were a bit more active.

Have you not seen them swinging from monkey bars and scrambling under camo netting on the news? Fit as a fiddle those lads.

Morrison Lard

David Moyes has turned down seven jobs since being sacked by Manchester United on 22 April.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27921598

Avon lady.
Temporary clerical assistant.
Bramble picker.
Babysitter.
Trainee plumber.
Town crier.
Navy seal.

imitationleather

Erotic fiction writer.
Bass guitar teacher.
Rag and bone man.
Carpenter. (As in a member of The Carpenters.)
Frame shop salesman.
BBC comedy commissioner.
Caretaker on Sealand.

Blinder Data

Massimo Cellino's reign of Leeds United has got off to a good start: he's just appointed David Hockaday as the team's new manager. Cellino's mate Benito Carbone will be a 'football consultant'.

They might as well stop picking actual coaches for the job and start appointing random unemployed people off the street, clothe them with sportswear emblazoned with 'Fall Guy Number 1/2/3/etc' and give them a zero-hours contract. Or have a money-spinning competition where the Leeds fan who bids the most gets to be manager for 3 months before inevitably being sacked for wearing purple socks.

George Oscar Bluth II

Hockaday's previous experience in management is failing to get Forest Green out of the conference despite having a huge budget. Absolutely bizarre appointment.

BlodwynPig

Beagle 2

It's pretty much over for City and Yaya now then. I sympathise with him, but the way it's being dragged through the press is a bit depressing. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Or to put another slant on it, "While my brother lay dying I got upset because football club owners didn't personally say Happy Birthday to me."

Deanjam

Yeah, Yaya isn't coming out of this at all well to me.

Blinder Data

If he buggers off to PSG, then it's hard to see this whole episode as anything other than a money-grabbing move. Losing a brother must be devastating - would City really deny Yaya the chance to spend time with his dying sibling? Maybe. Maybe he's upset about a whole load of things and wasn't thinking straight at the time, and is now using it as a reason to get an even fatter contract.

If he moves to a poorer club than City though...

In other news, it'll be interesting to see how the legion of LFC fans and Suarez-defenders react to his summer-long campaign to leak his unhappiness to the press and undermine everything he and Liverpool have achieved together. If the deal, as reported, is a load of money from Barcelona plus Sanchez then that's a nice bit of business for Liverpool and more than worth the baggage of having a *spit* Uruguayan on their books.

Beagle 2

Thing is, I doubt anybody would have objected had he said "So it's been fun and all, but now I want to piss off to PSG for one last massive pay day". It didn't have to be like this.