Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2014/15

Started by thraxx, June 12, 2014, 05:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Systems change constantly of course but I'd say Citehad are already in trouble with him going, the lack of other convincing centre mid options is actually alarming. Chequebook REACTS.

Deanjam

Moyes in talks with Galatasaray apparently. A bit unexpected.

chand

Luke Shaw has changed his Twitter bio to say he plays for Manchester United. I hope this is the future of transfer announcements.

EDIT: HE'S DELETED IT! MANCHESTER UNITED IN DISARRAY! SACK VAN GAAL

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I just changed my twitter bio to say I play for Manchester United.

Cleaners From Venus

Can I have your autograph?

phantom_power

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 24, 2014, 03:09:19 PM
Or to put another slant on it, "While my brother lay dying I got upset because football club owners didn't personally say Happy Birthday to me."

Or to put another nother slant on it, he was upset that his brother was dying and that bled into other parts of his life and caused him to react irrationally. I think really once the "his brother is dying" bit is known then judging him should be a bit more reserved

thraxx

Quote from: phantom_power on June 27, 2014, 05:18:32 PM
Or to put another nother slant on it, he was upset that his brother was dying and that bled into other parts of his life and caused him to react irrationally. I think really once the "his brother is dying" bit is known then judging him should be a bit more reserved

Kolo Touré is dying?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: phantom_power on June 27, 2014, 05:18:32 PM

I'm glad you agree with me.

chand

Two players signed in two days, this is a good time to be a United fan if you pretend last season never happened, as I am doing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Such was the utter horror of continuing to be one of the best teams in the country, signing the best creative midfielder in the league and getting to the latter stages of the champions league.

How awful for you

chand

It's almost like fans of different clubs have different expectations based on their relative achievements.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's almost like fans of successful clubs have a hysterical lack of perspective.

Yes it's not just 'different clubs', fans of nearly every club in the league structure bar 6 or 7 would consider the reaction of Manchester United fans last year to changing league position by seven places after their God-like manager retired to be hysterical.

chand

We've done this discussion like a thousand times, I'm fully aware that United are a fortunate team and I wouldn't swap places with Torquay or Burnley. United had a terrible season by United's standards, not by yours. You don't need to point this out every freaking time I make an off-hand comment about my team. I get it, winning 20 league titles is objectively better than employing Joe Kinnear for a while and losing all your half decent strikers and having Shola Ameobi for like a decade or whatever.

Cleaners From Venus

Quote from: chand on June 27, 2014, 07:08:48 PM
We've done this discussion like a thousand times, I'm fully aware that United are a fortunate team and I wouldn't swap places with Torquay

You utter, utter cunt. No need to rub it in.

daffs

I am a fan of the English league pyramid's shittest team. Out of embarrassment I'd rather not reveal which team they are. Nevertheless, they have finished bottom in a relegation-less league at the very nadir of English football every season for longer than I have been alive. If your Premiership team is relegated 10 times consecutively you will have no reason to complain about the ownership, about the standard of play, about managerial errors or other misfortunes, for you will not be in the same position as me, several rungs higher than my team.

phantom_power

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 27, 2014, 06:56:30 PM
It's almost like fans of successful clubs have a hysterical lack of perspective.

Yes it's not just 'different clubs', fans of nearly every club in the league structure bar 6 or 7 would consider the reaction of Manchester United fans last year to changing league position by seven places after their God-like manager retired to be hysterical.

Yes, as was said it is relative. No-one on here is being hysterical, just disappointed.

To return to more useful discussion it is nice to see the transfer business being dealt with in a quick and efficient way, snapping up the players as soon as they come back from the World Cup. Hopefully Van Gaal won't turn up on his first day and say "why did you buy this shower of shit?"

imitationleather

Quote from: daffs on June 27, 2014, 10:19:39 PM
I am a fan of the English league pyramid's shittest team. Out of embarrassment I'd rather not reveal which team they are.
Before the rest of the post I thought it was nailed-on to be MK Dons.

holyzombiejesus

Where does the pyramid end?

imitationleather

imitationleather

My team Fisher FC[nb]Apart from Spurs[/nb] finished last place a couple of years ago and there was nowhere else to go apart from actual park football and so we didn't get relegated. We even lost to Sporting Bengal, who'd broken a record by losing every single game the previous season. ...And those were the good days!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThe proposed £34m transfer for Luke Shaw to United is another example of something which has a bad long-term impact. Clubs are priced out of this market which is why they go abroad for cheap options. For a left-back to be worth £34m shows how silly the game has gone."

Yeah gettin silly this. Not like in your day Scholesy when Manchester 'tradition' United would only pay 30m for a young defender.

phantom_power

Ferdinand had proved himself a lot more when United bought him, and most people still thought he was overpriced. Central defenders are traditionally worth more than fullbacks as well.

Borboski

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 27, 2014, 06:18:19 PM
Such was the utter horror of continuing to be one of the best teams in the country, signing the best creative midfielder in the league and getting to the latter stages of the champions league.

How awful for you

It's the Glazers stopping them spending any money that continues to get me.

chand

Quote from: phantom_power on June 28, 2014, 01:24:54 AM
Hopefully Van Gaal won't turn up on his first day and say "why did you buy this shower of shit?"

Van Gaal apparently vetoed a move for Fabregas and everything I've heard suggests he's already been given a say on our transfers, so I'm sure he's approved them.

It's so sad seeing Scholes having opinions for money for fucking Paddy Power. Weird cos he's just about the last player I would've expected to go into punditry.

DJ Solid Snail

Despite a fair few protestations, Bafétimbi Gomis is yet to change the location on his Twitter profile from "Swansea England". Good for him, why not. I just hope he's any good. Is he any good?

Lost Oliver

Quote from: DJ Solid Snail on June 28, 2014, 11:14:11 AM
Despite a fair few protestations, Bafétimbi Gomis is yet to change the location on his Twitter profile from "Swansea England". Good for him, why not. I just hope he's any good. Is he any good?

He'll bang in a few goals but won't set the world on fire. Definitely a good signing though.

Lost Oliver

Hang on!

Are you the mother fucking genius who uploaded loads of 'Jon Ronson on...' to youtube? If so, thank you for giving me hours of entertainment.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on June 28, 2014, 02:28:57 AM
My team Fisher FC[nb]Apart from Spurs[/nb] finished last place a couple of years ago and there was nowhere else to go apart from actual park football and so we didn't get relegated. We even lost to Sporting Bengal, who'd broken a record by losing every single game the previous season. ...And those were the good days!

The heady days of the Conference are not so far gone, comrade. What is it? 15 years?

Lost Oliver

We've signed the good de Jong. Very impressed with that and a good fee too.

Probably spells the end for Ben Arfa though :(